Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Ramachandra Naik
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev Ramachandra NaikYour feedback matters!
Super doctor nice person good behaviour smooth handle totally perfect doctor
Hello, I am 26 years old female and from 1 year I have been feeling something bushy in my right underarm like inner swelling. It pains too and specially before some days of periods pain increases and gone after periods. Again after 10-15 days pain start. And sometimes along with it my right hand and shoulder part also pain. I have done my breasts ultrasound which came normal. I visited to gynac and she said its normal and prescribed primrose oil capsules. But problem persists. please help me I don't understand what's wrong with me. Kindly reply. My periods are regular and no other health problem.
I got pain in my right shoulder and arm upper part. Went to doctor did xray and they found I had spondylitis of neck. Gave me med now no. Pain in neck area but still right shoulder blade under arm and upper arm. What could be wrong with me.
I am 20 year old male and I have pain in my right hand wrist. I have tried many oils and creams for a couple of days but nothing happen. What I do now?
M suffering from internal weakness and joint pain too. N sometime fever also what to do. Please suggest.
I am 30 years old male. And hve lower backache pain since 6 months. In beginning I ignored this issue but for 1 month, it started as a severe pain so I started medication n ointment cream. Bt all is vain Suggest me proper advise.
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!