Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Premnath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev PremnathYour feedback matters!
Hello I am a 24 years old female. I was having irregular periods with low flow. Then I am diagnosed follicular ovarian cyst. With following details Uterus is andeverted and measures 7.0*4.5*3.0 cm. Endometrial thickness is 4.9 mm. Multiple follicular cysts of size 5-6 mm are arranged in periphery. Stroma is not hyperechoic and its echogenicity appears normal. Right ovary measures 2.7*1.9*1.3 cm, volume is 4.0 cc. Left ovary measures 3.9*2.2*2.5 cm, volume is 11.5 cc. No adnexal mass is seen. No free fluid is seen in pouch of douglas. IMPRESSION: * LEFT POLYCYSTIC OVARY. please suggest me the treatment and precaution. I ll be really thankful. thanks SO MUCH.
Severe vaginal irritation for the past 3 days, tried wash, salt water wash, itrim capsules, white granular discharge (occasional) but no relief, please advise. Recently discontinued thyroid medicine (25 mg).
Hi doctor, i'm 25 years old. Got married before three months. I have a doubt. My last periods date was march 21st. And I had relationship with my husband on last april 3rd and 5th. Today is april 24th. Still periods dint come for me. But my getting pain in my down stomach for past four days. Till now i'm thinking it's a clue for periods coming. And i'm not sure whether i'm conceive or not. Please tell me whether i'm pregnant or not.
My vaginal passage is small. How to expand it. While trying for intercourse it not expand enough to have a penetration. And also when my partner inserts two fingers inside my vagina then it creates pain and sometimes bleeding from the surrounding slit of skin. How to overcome this situation? And is there any lubricant for this problem.
Nowadays, allergies have become very common amongst individuals. An allergy, is basically a hypersensitive reaction, which occurs in a body due to certain external factors or allergens which are harmful for certain individuals but not necessarily for others. These allergies are manifested in a human body through various symptoms, few of the main being skin rashes, eczema and irritation. These are caused due to allergens such as pollens, dust, mites, certain leaves of trees or even certain food items like seafood, eggs, prawns, etc.
Homeopathy has proved to be very useful in such cases. It not only reduces the intensity of these allergic symptoms but also helps to cure the same. The main advantages of homeopathic medicines are that, they are made out of natural resources and hence, there are no toxins and no side effects. Given below are certain homeopathic medicines for different types of allergies:
Best homeopathic remedy for skin rashes: Apis Mellifica has proved to be the best homeopathic medicine for allergic hives that leads to violent itching and burning sensation in the skin. Sometimes, these are even escorted by swelling of the skin. In such circumstances, Apis Mellifica has proved to be very useful.
Cure for nasal allergies: These are another serious type of allergies which may be followed by sneezing, burning discharge from the nose, coughing and watery eyes. The homeopathic remedy for the same is Arsenic Album. This is, till date, one of the best natural homeopathic remedies for nasal allergies.
Medicine for allergic cough: One of the most severe forms of allergies is allergic cough, as it gradually leads to difficulty in breathing, suffocation, chest tightness and wheezing or whistling sounds from the chest. There are again different types of homeopathic remedies for these such as Ipecac, Bryonic Alba, Sambucus and also Arsenic Album.
Cure for food allergies: Characterized by gastrointestinal disorders such as vomiting and loose motions as well as eczema and other allergic hives, these can be cured by homeopathic medicines such as Carbo Veg, Nux Vomica and Sulphur.
However, it is always advisable to take these medicines only under supervision of doctors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Thalassemia patients should not be given iron-rich foods as they may lead to other problems. Oysters, pork, beans, liver, peanut butter, beef, tofu, flour tortillas, cream of wheat, infant cereal, watermelon, prunes, peas, spinach, raisins, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables all fall under this category.
A nutrient extremely important for thalassemia patients is calcium. Due to the affliction, bones tend to become weak and fragile and as such, calcium rich foods are highly recommended to strengthen the skeletal system of the body. Foods high in iron content are dairy products, almonds, hazel nuts, sesame seeds, sardines, salmon, apricots, figs, oranges, currants, soy beans, white bread, white rice, kale cabbages, cauliflowers, beet, carrots, celery, alfalfa sprouts, turnips, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, green chillies, potatoes, apples, cranberries, pomegranates, strawberries, pineapples, lemons, and acai berries, among others.
- You must include vitamin d in the diet of thalassemia patients as vitamin d helps in absorption and assimilation of calcium in the body. Some such foods are cod liver oil and soy milk.
- Along with the specific diet, there are certain home remedies that may abate the symptoms of thalassemia.
- The best home remedy to cure thalassemia is to consume a healthy and balanced diet to enhance the immunity of the body. Also, it helps prevent and cure weakness and fatigue, the prime symptoms of thalassemia.
- Intake of foods rich in folic acid also helps alleviate the signs of thalassemia. Some such foods are lentils, egg yolk, dried beans, sweet potato, wholegrain bread, soya products, split peas, nuts, brussel sprouts, bananas and peaches, among others.
- Two glasses of milk everyday helps cure thalassemia. Apart from milk, other dairy products that may be consumed on a regular basis are cheese, yogurt and butter.
- You must avoid junk food as these foods interfere with the normal functionality of the body, making it fragile and weak. You must avoid carbonated or aerated drinks as well as canned or tinned foods (attributed to their high content of preservatives).
- Another effective remedy is to consume a teaspoon of honey, twice a day. You may mix honey in milk and consume it regularly.
- Certain yoga poses make your muscles and bones stronger. However, there is a disclaimer here. Such exercises should not be performed until advised by a doctor and must be carried out under the supervision of a certified yoga trainer.
- Another effective remedy to relieve the symptoms of thalassemia is to consume ginger. Ginger serves to enhance the immunity of the body as well as enhance the appetite.
- You may include lemonade in your diet to regulate a variety of processes and mechanisms in the body, helping alleviate the signs of thalassemia.
- Minor habits like maintaining good hygiene can go a long way in protecting a thalassemia patient from other infections which would worsen the condition.
- Apart from the regular home remedies, you may deploy herbal treatment to cure thalassemia. Some of the herbs used for curing thalassemia are:
- Folate or folic acid is a component of vitamin b-complex and helps alleviate the symptoms of thalassemia. As such, you may consume certain herbs which supplements folate in the diet. Some such herbs are red clover leaves, nettle leaves, and oatstraw, among others.
- You may also provide thalassemia patients with zinc supplements as some of them have low zinc level in the body, hindering normal cell metabolism and lowering general body immunity. Some of the herbs rich in zinc content are alfalfa, rose hips, parsley, dandelion, chickweed and burdock root, among others.
- You may also employ homeopathic techniques to cure the affliction, which involves intake of highly diluted preparation made of plant tinctures, stimulating the natural healing process.
Exercise and diet.
Diet - garlic, carrots, fruit, green vegetables, fish and milk.
Stay healthy, stay fit.