Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajeevYour feedback matters!
Hormonal imbalance and the associated health complications can throw your life completely off balance. Women, in particular, bear most of the brunt. One such menace that ladies dread the most is the PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Of late PCOS has been on a mercurial rise. As the name suggests, PCOS or PCOD (PolyCystic Ovarian Disorder) is a condition characterized by the formation of cysts in the ovary. In females suffering from PCOS, the ovary produces increased levels of Androgen hormone (generally produced in small amounts).
Though the exact trigger for PCOS may vary from individual to individual, the factors that are often responsible for PCOS include:
- Elevated levels of insulin in the body
- PCOS may be related to hereditary. Women who have instances of PCOS in the family (either mother or siblings) are at a greater risk of suffering from the condition.
- Inflammation (low grade) can also trigger PCOS in females.
Females with PCOS may show one or more of the following symptoms
- Menstrual problems (irregular periods, suppressed, heavy or scanty periods).
- Mood swings, depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Acne, skin discoloration (skin pigmentation).
- Fatty liver (in some cases).
- Hair problems (hair fall, thinning).
- A woman may find it difficult to conceive.
PCOS may affect a female and exhibit the symptoms during menarche (the first menstrual cycle). In some, the symptoms, however, appear at a later stage.
Role of homeopathy in treating PCOS
Allopathic medications and surgery have often been used to treat PCOS. Though there may be temporary relief, chances of a relapse are always there, not to forget the side-effects of these treatments. The treatments, more than often, leave a big hole in the pocket.
Homeopathy comes as a breath of fresh air, a much-needed solution for many women.
Homeopathic treatment has helped many women deal with PCOS and its associated symptoms better. Being natural, it has negligible side-effects (or no side-effects at all). Though a little time-consuming, the homeopathic treatment not only identifies but also helps in successfully eliminating the underlying factor responsible for the ailment. Thus, in most cases (including PCOS), homeopathic treatment provides a permanent solution to the problem, and that too, for only a small pinch in the pocket.
Few homeopathic medicines that play a pivotal role in treating PCOS and its associated symptoms include:
- Pulsatilla: PCOS can wreak havoc in your menstrual cycle. In many women, the period is not only late and scanty but short and suppressed as well. Pulsatilla is an excellent homeopathic medicine for such menstrual problems. In addition to dissolving the ovarian cysts, Pulsatilla also helps in regularizing the menstrual cycle.
- Conium: Women with acne and infertility issues benefit from Conium.
- Calcarea Carb: Conditions like PCOS associated obesity, depression, and fear are best dealt with the homeopathic medicine, Calcarea Carb.
- Apis Mellifica: The medicine is used to treat suppressed menses with pain in the right side of the ovary.
- Thuja and Sepia are two powerful homeopathic medicines that have produced fruitful results in women suffering from hirsutism. Suppressed and scanty periods can also be treated with Sepia and Thuja respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.