Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajatYour feedback matters!
Dentures are prosthetic devices and their purpose is to replace missing teeth. Dentures are basically false teeth, which are supported by the tissues of the oral cavity. Most dentures are removable, while some are permanently fixed. Dentures are widely used by people all over the world, who have missing teeth.
Here are the ways in which dentures can improve a person's life:
- Speaking becomes clearer: Missing teeth make it difficult for a person to speak clearly. Using dentures will fix this problem and you will be able to speak clearly and properly as dentures take place of the natural teeth. It takes some time to get adjusted to dentures and many people practice pronunciation of difficult words in front of the mirror after getting dentures fitted in their mouth.
- You can eat normally again: Missing teeth cause difficulty in eating and you are unable to eat many of your favorite dishes, which require strong teeth. After getting a denture fitted, you can get back to eating all sorts of foods again and biting or chewing won't be difficult anymore. This too takes some time to adjust and in the beginning, you should eat soft foods by cutting them into small pieces. You should abstain from having chewing gums or hard food initially.
- Your self esteem gets improved: Losing teeth makes you look bad and many people feel embarrassed or ashamed because of missing teeth. A denture is a perfect remedy for this. After getting dentures, your teeth will be back and will look and feel natural. There is usually no worry about the dentures falling off or slipping out as they are fitted properly in the gums. You will look good, and the lost confidence will be back.
- You will have improved oral health: Missing teeth cause health problems, such as bone loss in the jaw area. To avoid this from happening, dentures should be used. These teeth implants will replace your old teeth, and bone loss will be prevented.
- You will appear younger: Missing teeth alter the structure of your face. Wrinkles might appear or the face may seem to look collapsed, then dentures can effectively support the structure of your face and make it appear to be more youthful with added fullness.
Dentures improve the quality of a person's life greatly with missing teeth. They should be taken care of properly, cleaned regularly and you should have regular dentist appointments to ensure a proper fit of the denture. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Hi im 18teen year old boy and my question is can I get braces my teeth are so messy n sometimes hurts too and because of my messy teeth n I face lot of gum and sore problem it hurts alot I want to fix my teeth is it possible to get braces for an 18teen year if yes then please suggest if how much dentists going to cost etc Thanks!
Hi, I am facing lots of pain in my teeth right corner I think germs is there pls share some medical to recover.
I can feel a lump on my left cheek when I move my tongue around my cheeks its not painful and not too big can it be a tumor of oral cancer cause I used to smoke and drink earlier and I am having a body pain in left side.
Sir my mother whose age is 47 feels pain in her back and also pain in her teeth so please tell the solution for these problems.
Sir, I have done a composite filling in my tooth but after 8 months there is alot of pain either I eat hot or cold eatables. Degree of pain such that even when I suck air. And it goes on to the tooth pain happen.
My child is 4 year old and he is suffering from severe toothache. There is a large hole in his all molar and so not able to eat anything. Sir what is the remedy for this.?
I have bad breath since 7 years. I have got tonsil stones since last year. My dentist says that my teeth are healthy. What to do.
My front 2 teeth is paining ,because of that am getting nose pain. Could you please suggest the reason for that.
When I get up in morning my mouth gets filled with a lot of saliva. This is and everyday problem. I'm facing this problem from one year. What can I do? Please help.
I am on glivec 400 od for CML chronic phase for last 1 n 1/2 year achieved mmr in two consecutive rt pcr at a gap of 3 months. My recent problem is sour taste in every food except sweet one. Before this I suffered from bitterness of taste for about 4 months I tried soda /tooth paste/etc to change the ph but all in vein. My treating Dr. says you have to bear it is there any other advice.
My Gums bleed when my mouth is not doing any activity. At night when I sleep my gums starts bleeding. Is there any other way to stop this besides SURGERY.
Sir I am suffering from the pieria since 2 years and smelling is produce from my mouth what should I do.
Dear sir some time I am taking tobacco products gutkha now my mouth is not open fully what I can do ?
Steps to Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
The good news is there are many ways to control sensitive teeth. You can:
Brush and floss regularly. Use proper brushing and flossing techniques to thoroughly clean all parts of your teeth and mouth.
Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush gently and carefully around the gum line so you don’t remove gum tissue.
Use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Several brands are available. Regular use should make teeth less sensitive. You may need to try several brands to find the product that works best for you. Another tip: Spread a thin layer on the exposed tooth roots with your finger or a Q-tip before you go to bed. Use a fluoridated toothpaste, not a tartar control one.
Watch what you eat. Avoid lots of highly acidic foods and drinks.
Use fluoridated dental products. Using a fluoridated mouth rinse daily can decrease sensitivity. Ask your dentist about products available for home use.
Don’t grind your teeth. Use a mouth guard at night.
See your dentist every 6 months (or sooner, depending on your condition).
If you still have discomfort, talk to your dentist. There may be a procedure that can help. He might recommend:
White fillings(bonding) to cover exposed root surfaces
Fluoride varnishes applied to the exposed root surface
Dentin sealers applied to the exposed root surface