Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. RajashekarYour feedback matters!
If you are hiv-positive, good nutrition can have several benefits. It can:
Improve your overall quality of life by providing nutrients your body needs.
Keep your immune system stronger so you can better fight disease.
Help manage hiv symptoms and complications.
Process medications and help manage their side effects.
The basic principles of nutrition and hiv
The basic principles of healthy eating will also serve you well if you are hiv-positive. These principles include:
Eating a diet high in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes
Choosing lean, low-fat sources of protein
Limiting sweets, soft drinks, and foods with added sugar
Including proteins, carbohydrates, and a little good fat in all meals and snacks
Here is more specific information to get you started with a healthier eating plan.
I have married. And my husband not interest to sex me. He was always. Telling. Bore I have no one idea. That. My husband. Sex not coming. I was very angry with my husband. Please tell what can I do.
My name is Anil. I have so much interested for sex but daily I am doing hand job. Is any problem with hand job. I am doing thrice a day.
I am do regular exercise such as dips, skipping rope (150-200) and running (1-1.5 km. And I also maintain a proper diet. So it is helpful to achieve a better height. Meant is there any increase in heights? I want to weight gain too?
I am suffering from hemorrhoids. What are the precautions should I taken and also what are the regulations for food?
In summer time most of the time I suffer from digestion problem . And even I couldn't eat properly suggest me something.
I have night emission problem, I also have quick fall problem since my penis nerves are weak and also my holding power is also extremely weak i.e premature ejaculation.
I was plying with my frnds suddenly I got a jerk and my neck started paining. Its really paining very much. Plzz tell me how can it be treated in domestic way.
Hello Doctor! I have congestion in my throat since 2 month and also these is extra mass like substance near wisdom tooth area behind tongue. I am taking some medicine of folic acid as doctor has said it's infection but I am not seeing any change.
I used masturbate for 4 years. But after masturbating my mind can't think and have nuch pain in head. What I should do?
If I do not masturbate and ejaculate sperm within 3 4-5 days I get wet dreams. How to stop wet dreams? What should I do?
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.