Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RajaramYour feedback matters!
Hello, My sister who is 28 years old got married two months back. After two weeks of marriage she wasn't well n suffering pain in her back n wasn't able to getup from her bed. Doctors done her blood n urine tests which showed dat her right ovary is enlarged. She had problem with her periods which usually came after every 2-3 months time. Secondly doctor also suggested her MRI scanning which showed dat she is having axial ankylosing spondylitis. Can you suggest dat what is it actually and how is it going to affect her in future n will she cure from these? Will she have children n what is risk for her children? Kindly suggest d causes, treatments n care to be taken for her kids.
I am 30 years old male my problem is my back pain I am use pain relief ointment but not relief me back pain pls suggestion me.
Sir after exercising immediately I bathed 7 days before from that time my body pains I can not even stand up my legs nerves vibrating Since what should I do?
Spinal fusion is a surgery in which two or more vertebrae in the vertebral column or back are fused or joined to treat a slew of spinal problems and diseases, which cause debilitating back pain. This surgery helps to remove bone and tissue that are narrowing the spinal canal, squeezing the spinal cord and nerves, reducing pain and improving function.
There are many different causes of back pain like injury, poor posture, age, osteoarthritis, herniation of disc between two vertebrae, degenerative disc disease, narrowing of spine called stenosis, and spondylosis or lessening of space between the vertebrae- most of these can be treated using spinal fusion.
All of these causes put tremendous pressure on the vertebrae and pinch spinal nerves that pass through the back and radiate out into the arms, legs and torso. Apart from the pain, patients experience nerve and muscle weakness and irreversible damage affecting normal life.
Spinal fusion started off as just a treatment for fractures but now it has become the surgery of choice for a number of spine problems. Though it can be done anywhere in the spine, it is very effective when done in the lower part of the spine called lumbar spinal fusion or arthrodesis.
Spinal fusion is done by forming a direct bony connection between the vertebrae surrounding the painful discs, the cushioning between the vertebrae. Pain is stopped by stopping the motion of the painful discs.
There are different methods of spinal fusion each with its own advantages and limitations.
Techniques include fusion approached from the front, the back, or both of the vertebral column. Sometimes surgeons decide to use intervertebral cages or metal screws to provide internal structural support while the bone fuses. These cages may be placed between the vertebrae and packed with bone graft material taken from the patient or constructed out of synthetic materials.
What to expect?
Spinal fusion is not a risk-free procedure. It is a major surgery lasting several hours and carrying a number of risks like-
- Failure of the vertebral fusion and breaking of metal implants
- The vertebrae above and below the fusion can wear away aggravating problems
- Blood clots may be formed that can travel to lungs causing embolism
- Injury to spinal nerves causing permanent weakness in legs and problem with bladder and bowel function
- Infections and blood loss
- Heart attack or stroke during surgery
The patient has to be kept in hospital for a couple of days for post-operative care after which he will have to undergo rehabilitation for months. Hence, one should really think before going for spinal fusion. And when it is recommended, seek a second opinion before making a decision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am 20 years old and I am suffering from knee injuries what should I do now actually I was playing football yesterday so I injured very seriously.
Unlike muscle aches, neuropathic pain or nerve pain is usually a lifelong condition. This usually affects the feet. In some cases, it can get better over the years but in most cases, nerve pain stays persistent or worsens with time. Neuropathic pain is caused by nerve damage and commonly triggered by conditions such as diabetes or is a result of the side effects of medication or chemotherapy.
Medication is usually the first line of treatment when it comes to dealing with neuropathic pain. Medication prescribed for such conditions can be categorized as:
- Local anesthetics
These may be prescribed individually or in a combination of two or more types of drugs. additionally, topical creams may also be prescribed for pain relief. Conventional medicine can provide temporary relief from nerve pain. However, in the long run, making a few lifestyle changes can help control nerve pain. Here are a few tips.
- Exercise: Nerve pain may tempt you to sit in one place, but you must force yourself to walk about and exercise a little on a regular basis. Exercising increases blood flow to the extremities of the body and releases endorphins that act as natural painkillers. It can also expand blood vessels and nourish damaged nerves.
- Avoid alcohol: If you suffer from nerve damage, alcohol can aggravate the damage and increase pain. Hence it is best to skip alcohol and all other kinds of stimulants.
- Heat therapy: Soaking your feet in a warm bath or using a heat pack can be very effective when it comes to dealing with nerve pain. The heat temporarily increase blood flow and reduces pressure on the nerves. However, be careful to avoid burning yourself.
- Get a good night's sleep: Nerve pain is usually aggravated at night, thus disturbing your sleep. To get the required 8 hours of sleep a day, try maintaining a schedule of going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday. Drinking a cup of warm milk may also help you fall asleep faster. Ensure that the last cup of coffee you drink is in the afternoon.
- Massage: As with muscle pains; a massage can help ease and reduce nerve pain. Your choice of oils also has a role to play in the effectiveness of the massage. While lavender oil helps people relax and takes their mind of the pain, geranium oil can help directly reduce nerve pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I have 31 years old male. I have last 2 month s joints pain is very strong so suggestions for relieve the pain.
Aches and pains are typical signs of fatigue, but sometimes these aches are constant and can affect your day to day life. Fibromyalgia is not a disease, but a syndrome that affects the muscles and soft tissues of the body leading to chronic pain, tiredness and insomnia among other symptoms. Though this syndrome cannot be cured, it is not life-threatening and can be managed without causing permanent damage. One of the ways to manage fibromyalgia is through massage therapy.
- Massage therapy is one of the oldest forms of healthcare. It aims to improve circulation thereby, improving the flow of nutrients through the body and aiding in the elimination of waste material. When it comes to fibromyalgia patients, a massage not only calms tired muscles but also reduces heart rate, improves the range of motions possible in joints and increases the body’s production of natural painkillers.
- Most fibromyalgia patients benefit from deep tissue massages. During the treatment, a therapist may use his or her elbows, forearms and feet along with their palms and fingers. He or she will typically use long strokes while kneading the muscles in deep circular patterns. Your therapist will also be able to address specific tender points and ease muscle knots.
- Massage therapy can be customised as per your requirements and sensitivity. Fibromyalgia patients are very sensitive to touch and hence, to benefit from a massage, it is essential, to be honest with your therapist and tell him or her the level of pressure you can handle.
- Massage therapy not only helps deal with fibromyalgia-related pain, but can also help treat insomnia that accompanies it. After a massage, you are more likely to have a restful sleep that does not make you wake up feeling tired. Having a good night’s sleep is important for fibromyalgia patients as it is during this time that the body restores and rebuilds itself.
- Massage therapy can also help manage the stress and anxiety that results from fibromyalgia pain. As the therapist addresses the various pressure points on the body, stress, anxiety and depression are relieved. Some theories also suggest that a massage blocks pain signals from reaching the brain while others suggest that a massage can stimulate the release of serotonin or endorphins.
Though a massage may feel like a simple procedure, the wrong massage can cause worsen your pain. Hence, it is important to work with a professional masseuse to treat your aches and pains. Following a regular massage schedule can also help manage your discomfort better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.