Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajanna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajannaYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend she have one problem of pcod. She is not interested in sex. she said she can't get pregnant any more. So any chance or hope to solve. She want to enjoy sex but she can't and any chance to birth a child ?
Hello. I want to know that .Is epithelial hyperplasia of oesophagus with mild dysplasia very harmful. It's treatment is possible or not. And what are the success rate of it. please help me.
Thalassemia patients should not be given iron-rich foods as they may lead to other problems. Oysters, pork, beans, liver, peanut butter, beef, tofu, flour tortillas, cream of wheat, infant cereal, watermelon, prunes, peas, spinach, raisins, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables all fall under this category.
A nutrient extremely important for thalassemia patients is calcium. Due to the affliction, bones tend to become weak and fragile and as such, calcium rich foods are highly recommended to strengthen the skeletal system of the body. Foods high in iron content are dairy products, almonds, hazel nuts, sesame seeds, sardines, salmon, apricots, figs, oranges, currants, soy beans, white bread, white rice, kale cabbages, cauliflowers, beet, carrots, celery, alfalfa sprouts, turnips, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, green chillies, potatoes, apples, cranberries, pomegranates, strawberries, pineapples, lemons, and acai berries, among others.
- You must include vitamin d in the diet of thalassemia patients as vitamin d helps in absorption and assimilation of calcium in the body. Some such foods are cod liver oil and soy milk.
- Along with the specific diet, there are certain home remedies that may abate the symptoms of thalassemia.
- The best home remedy to cure thalassemia is to consume a healthy and balanced diet to enhance the immunity of the body. Also, it helps prevent and cure weakness and fatigue, the prime symptoms of thalassemia.
- Intake of foods rich in folic acid also helps alleviate the signs of thalassemia. Some such foods are lentils, egg yolk, dried beans, sweet potato, wholegrain bread, soya products, split peas, nuts, brussel sprouts, bananas and peaches, among others.
- Two glasses of milk everyday helps cure thalassemia. Apart from milk, other dairy products that may be consumed on a regular basis are cheese, yogurt and butter.
- You must avoid junk food as these foods interfere with the normal functionality of the body, making it fragile and weak. You must avoid carbonated or aerated drinks as well as canned or tinned foods (attributed to their high content of preservatives).
- Another effective remedy is to consume a teaspoon of honey, twice a day. You may mix honey in milk and consume it regularly.
- Certain yoga poses make your muscles and bones stronger. However, there is a disclaimer here. Such exercises should not be performed until advised by a doctor and must be carried out under the supervision of a certified yoga trainer.
- Another effective remedy to relieve the symptoms of thalassemia is to consume ginger. Ginger serves to enhance the immunity of the body as well as enhance the appetite.
- You may include lemonade in your diet to regulate a variety of processes and mechanisms in the body, helping alleviate the signs of thalassemia.
- Minor habits like maintaining good hygiene can go a long way in protecting a thalassemia patient from other infections which would worsen the condition.
- Apart from the regular home remedies, you may deploy herbal treatment to cure thalassemia. Some of the herbs used for curing thalassemia are:
- Folate or folic acid is a component of vitamin b-complex and helps alleviate the symptoms of thalassemia. As such, you may consume certain herbs which supplements folate in the diet. Some such herbs are red clover leaves, nettle leaves, and oatstraw, among others.
- You may also provide thalassemia patients with zinc supplements as some of them have low zinc level in the body, hindering normal cell metabolism and lowering general body immunity. Some of the herbs rich in zinc content are alfalfa, rose hips, parsley, dandelion, chickweed and burdock root, among others.
- You may also employ homeopathic techniques to cure the affliction, which involves intake of highly diluted preparation made of plant tinctures, stimulating the natural healing process.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Health is wealth! This age old adage holds true even today. The usual practice of 3 meals a day needs some tinkering and 5 small meals a day seems like a good way forward. Go to any dietician or any nutritionist and they will vouch for its benefits. So, let us now take a look at the many advantages that come up with this multiple meal plan:
- Alter the food schedule and instil a sense of discipline: It helps in altering your food schedule. When you spread your meals throughout the day, it allows you to try different dishes without over consuming any one dish. With more opportunities to eat healthy, you can develop proper diet charts and follow it properly across the entire day. Moreover, it teaches you discipline to keep a check on your diet.
- Keeps a check on binge eating and overeating: Five meals a day plan can help you control your weight. Intake of small meals prevents binge eating. You don't need to consume in large quantity at once if there are more meals to look forward to throughout the duration of the day. Smaller meals, condition you in such a way that you do not indulge in overeating even if you are outside.
- Something in every meal: Since you're opting for five meals a day, you will indulge in different types of food items throughout the day right from vegetables, fruits, cereals, eggs, milk-shakes and much more. This will not only keep your palette satisfied, but will also make sure that you get all the right amount of nutrients as nothing healthy will be left out.
- Goes hand in hand with all the diet charts and plans: Eating healthy and in small portion ensures that you are on course for your diet plan. Five meals a day will give you a chance to screen your nourishment intake and manage it more viably. It also helps in keeping your appetite under check. It maintains a healthy balance between healthy eating and satiating your hunger.
Disregard the three-feast model; it has now become obsolete. Your busy schedule requests that you take a more dynamic approach to your nourishment. Five meals a day is just the right way to ensure that you have your share of proper nutrients every day.
Related Tip: "5 Energy - Boosting Foods to Try"