Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajannaYour feedback matters!
Motor tics are generally experienced by children, and the symptoms can last up to one year. This disorder is characterised by brief and uncontrolled spasm like motions which are also accompanied by screams and other outbursts. If the physical and vocal tics come together for each attack, then the condition is known as Tourette Syndrome. Motor tics may occur due to problems in the functioning of the neurotransmitters in the child’s brain. These are chemicals that are usually responsible for transmitting signals throughout the brain, and a malfunction can lead to serious issues. Here are a few Homeopathic ways of dealing with this disorder.
Selective Treatment: Homeopathy will provide a form of ad hoc care that can help in treating the various symptoms that are associated with these tics. The symptoms include obsessive compulsive disorder as well as the tendency of exhibitionism. Also, the mechanical repetition of actions with head jerking movements and lip biting as well as wincing are some of the main symptoms that one will experience in such cases. While most of these symptoms tend to vanish as one progresses towards adulthood, it has been found that Ignata and Cuprum Metallicum are some of the Homeopathic medicines that can help in treating these symptoms, as well as painful facial tics. Agaricus Muscarius can also help in treating the symptoms of motor tics.
Prevention: The point of Homeopathy medication is also to prevent the occurrence of such tics. Cina 15 CH can be prescribed for this purpose along with Zinc Metallicum. Also, these medicines will help in treating the anxiety that the child may feel when suffering from this condition. Further, many Homeopath doctors will recommend and administer a Hyoscyamus based treatment to deal with this aspect of the condition. Hysteria and violent movements can also be prevented with the help of Staphysagria.
Involuntary Movements: The treatment of involuntary movements felt as a part of this condition can take place with the help of Homeopathic medicines like Sepia, China, Zinc and Lycopodium. A Gelasium-based treatment can also be prescribed in case the tics are accompanied by violent head movements and hysterical fits.
Visit to a Doctor: For most Homeopathic treatments, especially for conditions like these, it is important that you visit the doctor for physical examination. Based on your symptoms, the doctor will provide the right dosage and right treatment. Also its important to monitor the progress so that the diseased can be managed. In some cases, if the symptoms cannot be contained by the medication, one may require immediate hospitalisation. The doctor may also check for symptoms related to Parkinson’s disease, as many times tics are a symptom of this disease, especially when they are experienced by adults. In most cases, these patients react well to Homeopathy based treatment methods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 45 years old. When ever I go to sleep I feel a lump in my throat and immediately woke up. In addition to this my heart palpitates so rapid that I get sleep again after so long. I tried everything but couldn't find a permanent solution. My periods also coming irregular.
Hi doctor my wife is 4th Month pregnant now, when ever she ate fruits she is feeling like she is getting vomiting, please suggest Which food should be given to her. And she is feeling weakness in her body please help me out. Thanks.
What is Labour?
Labour and delivery are demarcated by the end of the pregnancy when a woman delivers the child or more than one child and it leaves the uterus. Normally, the gestation period for humans is somewhere around 37 weeks to 42 weeks. In most developed countries, the deliveries happen in hospitals, where as in developing as well as under developed countries, births happen at home under the supervision of traditional birth attendant, called the midwife.
Stages of Labour:
Vaginal delivery is the most common form of childbirth. Labour consists of three stages
- The opening and shortening of the cervix: Lasts from 12 to 19 hours
- Coming down of the baby and its birth: 20 minutes to 2 hours
- Expulsion of the placenta: Varies from 5 to 30 minutes
In the first stage, your abdominal muscles will begin to cramp associated with back pain. These cramps can be of durations of half a minute, about 10 minutes apart. These contractions start coming closer and become more intense as the second stage starts closing in. During the second stage, you may have to push along with the contractions to help give birth to your baby. Most babies are born head-first, although there are cases, when the baby is born buttocks first or legs first. This is commonly called “breeching”. In the third stage, it recommended to cut the umbilical cord and ensure that the placenta is entirely removed from the uterus or it may cause complications later.
The onset of labour is marked by the expulsion of the amniotic fluid and then the contractions begin to set in. Most women can walk around and eat food during labour, but when the contractions start to get too painful, it is suggested to get help and have someone around during that time. It is not recommended to push during the first phase, but then it becomes essential to push from the second stage onwards. Your gynaecologist will be able to tell you which stage of labour you are in by looking at the dilation of your cervix. As soon as you start to feel your contractions kicking in, you must contact a gynaecologist or your birthing attendant.
9th Week of Pregnancy. TSH is 4.81. Taking Thyronorm 50 mcg everyday from last 2 years. Before pregnancy it was 2.7. Do I need to worry? What should be the target range and what foods to avoid and take. Please help.
I want to know what medicine should I take to control my periods for 2 to 4 days as I have to go on an outing. My last start date was 28th of nov.
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with Homeopathy. The best part of Homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, making it a much safer form of treatment. The fact that Homeopathy is both cost efficient and holistic or permanent in its cure, is one of the key benefits of this treatment.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of European Union Legislation and European Pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Effective and Permanent cure: Acute or Chronic - homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases. There are least chances of reoccurrence of the disease, with this medication.
- Gentle way of treatment and easy to administer: One of the vital reasons behind prescribing homeopathic medicine over conventional drugs is its gentle nature. The doses are in the form of sweet globules and thus are consumable by people of all age groups. Those who do not want to consume the sweetened globules have provision for liquids, powders or dissolvable tablets. The best part is that there are no injections! It boasts of non-invasive therapy and avoids surgery. It can be very well incorporated along with other therapies and medication.
Further, the medications of homeopathy are non-addictive in nature unlike some of the chemical antibiotics. Studies have shown that with appropriate medical treatment, homeopathy can reverse even the most chronic disorders with its gentle approach.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Left ovary has an anechoic cyst measuring 27×30 mm in size. What will be the cause and treatment for this.
I have exactly 30 days of marriage but I feel negative thoughts because I had most masturbation that's why feel sad . Please give me a idea for how to create quick conceive for my wife?
Including cheese, milk, and ice-cream etc into your daily meals maybe the reason behind the painful acne on your face. Processed milk and other dairy products negatively affect your skin and trigger the formation of whiteheads, blackheads and pimples. Here's how milk causes acne and what you can do to get clearer skin.
- It is due to oiliness present in the milk, cause excess secretion of Sebum.
- Milk contains a growth hormone IGF-1 (responsible for the growth and strength of calves) in large amounts. This has an adverse effect on your skin, and is responsible for its inflammation, which results in acne. In fact, this hormone can even increase the size of the acne.
- Consumption of milk and other dairy products also result in a sharp rise in the amount of insulin present in your body, which initiates more IGF-1 production by the liver, thereby increasing acne.
- Excessive sebum (oil) is secreted by your skin due to the consumption of milk, which results in more number of clogged pores, causing an acne breakout. Additionally, an increase in sebum helps the acne bacteria to grow and breed, which further causes skin inflammation.
- Consumption of milk can render your skin unable to get rid of dead skin cells, causing more acne due to clogged pores. This happens as milk sticks dead cells together inside your pores, interfering with their natural process of falling off.
What can you do to get acne-free skin?
The best way to get acne-free skin is by trying to limit your consumption of milk and dairy products. You can do so in two ways:
- Discontinue milk intake: Stop consuming milk and its products completely for at least 30 days and observe the changes. If your skin improves after 30 days, you can add small amounts of high-quality dairy, like organic yoghurt, to your diet. If eliminating milk does not show any positive effects, try observing other triggers of acne and look for appropriate methods of removing them.
- Switch to organic milk products only: If you find it difficult to totally cut off milk from your diet, try reducing the amount of milk intake and totally avoid processed milk products. Switching to raw, grass-fed dairy products will also be beneficial.
What are the alternatives to milk which can be consumed without harming your skin?
You can also replace milk with the following products in your diet chart to prevent the occurrence of acne.
- Organic almond milk without added sugar
- Organic coconut milk containing no artificial sweeteners
- Natural coconut cream
- Take milk with haldi only, as plain milk can cause
Warning: Do not consume soy milk as a milk substitute as it contains Omega-6 fats, which causes skin inflammation and swelling of acne. Further, oily and spicy foods, over use of cosmetics and certain face creams etc. all can cause acne, therefore it is advisable to avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
She has her periods on 26dec on 20jan she had sex 21 she takes unwanted 72 pill next period got 26 jan 20feb 4 March but till now no period she got she had no relation in between is she is still pregnant.
I am 23 years old female. I have a hypothyroid. My tsh range is 8.29. Also having irreular periods. Is there any problem? is it easily curable? and what food and exercise I have to do? please help me.
I am having vaginal itching not internal external. I had consulted Dr. he advised me to apply candid b cream. Hence it did not stop.
Good afternoon doctors. I am 26 weeks pregnant and my age is 29. I would like to know, can I take calcium tablets andchuna (lime stone.)? Does its cause and side effect (like kidney stones etc) and other effects of high calcium level.
Hi Doctor, I am a mother, live in delhi. My baby is 1 year old. He kiked on my chest while feeding milk. Now I am feeling pain and there is something tight in my right side chest. So please tell me what can I do to free from this problem.
Do you have a permanent tattoo which you want to remove because of certain circumstances? according to studies, almost 50% of people with tattoos want to have their tattoos removed via the laser tattoo removal technique.
This tattoo removal technique eliminates your tattoo without having much side effects. In the procedure, lasers are used to remove your tattoo by breaking up the pigment colours of the tattoo, using a high-intensity beam of light. Black tattoo pigment absorbs all the laser wavelengths and is easiest to remove, while other colours can be removed by using certain selected lasers.
Laser tattoo removal procedure-
The number of treatments or sessions you require depends on the colour and size of your tattoo. It may take about two to four sessions in the case of normal tattoos, while for those having large tattoos; it may take more than 10 sessions to get the tattoo removed. A consultation session with a trained professional is required to help you in evaluating your situation and whether you should go ahead with the procedure.
The laser treatment varies from person to person and depends on factors such as age, size and type of the tattoo. The patient’s skin colour and depth to which the tattoo pigment extends also affects the removal process.
Here are the steps involved in a laser tattoo removal process:
- Protected eye shields are placed on you.
- Your skin’s reaction to the laser is tested for determining the amount of energy to be used.
- A handpiece is placed again on your skin surface, which activates the laser light. This process is extremely painful to undergo.
- Small tattoos require less pulses while large tattoos require much more. After every session, your tattoo tends to get lighter, progressively.
- Right after a treatment session, an ice pack is applied to your skin to soothe the areas treated. You will have to apply a topical antibiotic ointment and a bandage is used to protect the treated skin region. You must cover the area using a sunblock whenever you go out in between the treatment sessions.
- In some cases, local anesthesia is used during the treatment procedure.
Because of modern-day technology, laser tattoo removal is now a common thing undertaken by many who want to get rid of their unwanted tattoos. The procedure is safer than the traditional tattoo removal methods like excision, salabrasion and dermabrasion.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.