Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. RajaniYour feedback matters!
Fear is a very crippling feeling , which you might have to go through at various situations of life. You might be scared of heights, darkness, and public speaking, even scared of being lonely. Fear is very difficult to overcome as it can debilitate you and render you useless. Even if you cannot be superhuman, you can at least aim to be someone who can confront his/her fear and render the fear useless. Here are a few tips on how you can confront your fear:
- Breathe: Breathing slowly and deeply actually helps. It calms your nerves and relaxes you. Short and shallow breaths can trigger panic and fear. If you breathe out longer than the time you take to breathe in, your body relaxes immediately. Try it; it actually works the best. Whenever you feel that you are panicking or that you are feeling afraid, take deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing. Count till 7 when you breathe in and till 11 when you breathe out. You will be surprised to find out how quickly you have calmed down.
- Identify the fear: This is a very important step as you need to figure out why you are scared or afraid. There has to be a specific reason behind every single fear that you have. Try to identify that reason. Delve deep into your memory and try figuring out what exactly evoked the fear. Once you know the reason, you will be able to understand the base of your fear, and you will find it easier to overcome.
- Get ready to be peaceful: If you start feeling anxious, nervous or afraid, breathe in and out. Then think of how you will get positive outcomes from the particular act you are being anxious about. If you have to go into a dark room to get something and you are afraid of darkness, just think how you will be able to get what you desire if only you step into the darkness for a fraction of second. This will help build your confidence and will slowly get you accustomed to moving on with your fear.
- Control what you imagine: If you are afraid of something, whether tangible or not, your imaginations about it will run wild. You might start imagining stuff which are not even real or which might just ingrain your mind and establish the fear on solid ground. Hence it is high time you need to control your imagination. Imagination is a very unique gift if you want to create something beautiful, which will help encourage you. But if you start imagining how a spider will just grow in size and number, and will fly towards you, then you have to put a lid on it.
Being afraid is common. Even the bravest people are afraid. Don't be embarrassed about that. Just face it and try to let go of it.
In my entire life most of the people friends, close associates in the beginning turn out non cordial unhappy leading to broken relationship. Why it so happens? No answer is given to me when I ask them the reason.
Hi mereko ek cheej jaani hai n wo yeh hai ki agr koi bunda reality and fantasy ke beech main farak ni doondh paata hai (distinguish ni kr paata hai) to yh zaroori hai ky ki usse schizophrenia disease ho gayi hai .ya fir usse koi aur disease bhi ho skti hai schizophrenia ke alawa n agr schizophrenia ka alawa uss insaan ko koi aur bimaari ho skti hai to main uss disease ka name jaana chahta houn.
Hello its my last years I do not why I always get frustrated irritated I do not want anybody in my life I starting hate my friends even I see old images of my friends I start anger I do not know why its happening when I remember my past its make me anger too . please help me out.
My mother was every time thinking previous fight with her daughter in law in that time she will going very deep depression how can solve that problem please tell me a suggestion.
I am 19 years old female. I have many problems. But my mind is not constant in my studies. And I sleep late in night.
Does epilepsy treatment possible with the help of medicine if possible then what is the duration of its.
I am 35 years old and have been taking antidepressants for last 17 years. In the beginning due to extreme stress and letter due to frustrations in professional and personal life. Before 3 years I was diagnosed diabetic with sugar 250 post meal. And undergoing treatment also for that. Now I feel very exhausted and depressed and do not feel interested in sex with wife . please advice what should id o ?
Am 28 n my hubby 33. Arranged marriage 1 1/2 years passed. Used to have quarrel b4 engagement n past 3 to 4 months only in peace n that too coz am nt asking him anything n adjust n changed myself a lot. But he is as same as b4 n he s thing I only have to change. Is this good? why I shouldn't want him to change and why he can not? He is telling am changing nu. Bt I didn see any difference. Any psychologist tell me at this site what I should do?
I feel weak memory. I forget to things, names of people. Kindly tell me any Ayurveda treatment or homeopathic treatment which cure it fast.
My age is 23, but my voice did not change. My voice comes like a girls voice in phone and in personal. Because of this I am unable to crack an interview. I have done more of exercise of voice. But it's not changing. Give me what I should do. I request you to arrange an conversation with the Doctor. So that they could suggest me.
Hi my daughter is 26 years old. A few weeks back we realized that she might be having BPD. As a mother how can I help her?
I heard beer is good for health. Is this true? How much of it should be consumed on a monthly basis? Also, is hookah more harmful than cigarette?
Sir I am a smoker since 2 years and I had a habit of smoking only when I drink but from past 2 year I smoke a lot abd irrally wabt to quit smoking please help me with some tips which will really hepl me in quting smoking abd olz tell me whether there is a chances of causing cancer I am 24 year old now a days when I smoke I feel like blurd vision please help me.
My room met have the hepatitis B virus, and he was told me recently , what is the hepatitis , if I have any problem with him in future what I will do I do not use his things but I have so much tension the virus transmit to me.Please tell.
Anxiety and stress are regular occurrences that happen to all individuals in certain situations. But if these become habitual and take place in excessive frequency, then it is symptomatic of a psychological problem. Anxiety disorders require proper treatment through counseling and therapy for leading a healthy stress-free life.
Anxiety impacts each person at a different level and is accompanied by various types of irrational phobias. Hence it differs from case to case. There are a few general types into which anxiety disorders can be categorized. Some of these types are as follows:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): This kind of anxiety is constant and vague and does not appear to stem from any specific factor. Those suffering from it are affected during all waking hours and even in sleep when it is disturbed and irregular due to unending stress.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): A person suffering from ocd experiences uncontrollable compulsions and is unable to keep from obsessing over issues of trivial nature. This manifests itself in definite behavioral patterns which become rigid and inflexible.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): This is an extreme form of anxiety disorder that is caused when the patient experiences a traumatic event or life-threatening accident that leaves a mental scar. It takes the form of panic attacks, nightmares, sudden mental breakdowns, hyper vigilance, and excessive nervousness.
- Panic Disorder: The patients of this disorder experience sudden panic attacks which occur frequently without any specific trigger. It is also accompanied by the fear of having such attacks, as well as a fear of being in places from where it is difficult to escape in the event of an attack.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD): Also known as social phobia, sad causes a person to be in constant fear of being negatively viewed by people. It involves constant fear of public humiliation and also gives rise to performance anxiety or stage fright.
How to Recognize An Anxiety Disorder?
There are many symptoms of anxiety disorders which have both physical and emotional symptoms. Following are the most common signs of chronic anxiety:
Smoking kills 1 million peaple/year in India.Majority of death are due to lung cancer,copd and heart diseases.Bidi is more harmful then cigarette.Second hand smoke is smoke exhaled by smoker and smoke produced by burning end of cigarette.Second hand smoking is like smoking himself/herself and produces same harm as active smoking.
Babies whose mothers smoke while pregnant and babies exposed to second hand smoke after birth are more likely to die due to SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME. Older children whose parents smoke get sick more often as thier lungs grow less, are more prone to get bronchitis and pneumonia.Second hand smoke cause irritation of skin,throat and eyes.
WHAT ONE CAN DO -Keep away from second hand smoke.Do not allow anyone to smoke near children.Do not allow any one in the house to smoke.Teach older kids to stay away from second hand smoke.
BENIFITS OF SMOKING CESSATION. Life can change for better after smokinf cessation.
Within 20 minutes of cessation blood pressure drop to normal
8 hours later CO level drop to normal
28 hours later chances of heart attack decreases.
2 weeks later blood circulation improves.
3 month later lung function improves.
1-9 month later coughing,fatique,shortness of breath decreases.
DR MOOL CHAND GUPTA
MD RESPIRATORY MEDICINE