Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajalakshmi V.rao
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajalakshmi V.raoYour feedback matters!
we are together since 5 years but we don;t have a single baby. my wife wants to conceive but we fail. what should we do ?
Hello doctor I am in my 7th month pregnancy and I have my son who is 8 years old and as my husband is quiet dark in color my son is also same as his fathers color. And now as I am carrying for my 2nd baby any suggestions or main foods that will enhance the fairness of my baby in the womb. Some say consuming wine will enhance is it safe to drink wife at this stage of pregnancy.
It has been espoused in common knowledge that when you have inttercourse with your partner, it makes both of you feel happier, satisfied and contented. This helps bring you closer to each other and results in a stronger and better relationship. Sexual activities have a direct connection to your psychological well-being. However, the number of times you have sex isn’t as important as the quality of the time you spend with your partner.
Stressed out on sex!
Due to modern lifestyle and stress, young couples are increasingly finding it difficult to hit the bed together, thus putting sex on the backburner. Research states most young couples now consider sex as secondary, mechanical and monotonous, which can be kept for a later time. But that is not the sign of normalcy. You don’t need to do it daily, but 2 or 3 times a week is beneficial for a healthy body, mind, and relationship.
Some of the benefits of having regular sex
- Sex releases endorphins hormone which reduces stress and also lets you experience euphoria. This makes you feel satisfied and happy during the act and in general with your life.
- It is directly related to promoting attractiveness. During sexual intercourse, the body releases pheromones which make you look more attractive to other people.
- If you experience orgasms during the activity, you are most likely to have an enhanced life span due to the promotion of better circulation within the body.
- Sex acts as an excellent pain reliever due to the release of endorphins.
- Sex also helps you to have better control of your bladder by working out the muscles during an orgasm.
- It has also been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer in men.
How much is too much?
These are just a few of the reasons sexologists and health care experts advise you to have intercourse often, at least twice weekly. You don’t need to do it regularly, as over indulgence will have negative effects too. It could also signal the start of problems with sexual addiction. Some of the negative effects of too much sex could be:
- It will lead to a detrimental effect on your sexual activity. You will find it difficult to get aroused often.
- You experience cramps on your body.
- You can experience difficulties in your bowel and urinary functions.
- You would be constantly distracted by the thoughts of sex which could lead to sex addiction.
It is best to stay within a limit, have fun with your partner twice or thrice a week and enjoy the health and psychological benefits of this natural marvel.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Does using an ipill can cause light bleeding as side effect. If yes, in general, for how many days the nomal period time can be delayed.
I have pcod problem. Tell me medicine. Periods not regular. And i am also over weight. so please tell a solution for that
1 missing breakfast.
2 over eating.
4 high sugar consumption.
5 more sleeping specially at morning.
6 eating meal while watching tv or computer.
7 wearing cap / scarf or socks while sleeping.
8 more brain usage during sickness.
9. Over speaking.
10habit of blocking /stoping urine.
Sir naturally I eat apples rare. And papayas n bananas are in our home only. So will you give me the diet about these two. N these two will work for irregular periods those who have. Please give me the diet chart in a week how many we have to take. Thank u.
FNAC report suggestive of well differentiation squamous cell carcinoma with meta static deposits site rt cervical lymhphnode pt. problem small area of ulceration pt. in my sister.Please tell sir.
I am experiencng uncommon yellowish sometimes white kind of discharge with odour accompanied by itching from more than one year. I have used many medicines for this. But still the problem persists. Sometimes discharge wont appear. My vagina becomes red. Kindly help me on this.
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease. One out of every six people in the United States suffers from this disease. It is more common than you think. Like any other STD, it is extremely important to take proper protection (use a condom) while engaging in sexual activities.
Genital Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus.
- HSV-1 is most commonly associated with blisters and ulcers around the mouth known as cold sores.
- HSV-2 is associated with blistering lesions in genital areas that are exposed during sexual contact.
However, both types of herpes simplex virus can infect the mouth or the genital areas, meaning that genital contact with a cold sore on the mouth can lead to genital herpes. Likewise, kissing someone with a cold sore can spread the herpes simplex virus infection.
After the initial outbreak of herpes, the virus travels through the nerves and resides in nerve tissue within the body.
Most people with genital herpes don’t know they have it. That’s because in most people it produces either no symptoms or very mild ones.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- The area around your genitalia becomes red and cracked without any pain or itching.
- Itching around your anal region
- Blisters around your genitalia can cause immense pains when they break open.
- Pain in the open sores while urination.
- Headaches and backaches.
- Flu and swollen lymph nodes are very common.
- Fatigue is also felt if you suffer from genital herpes.
Symptoms like these can be mistaken for other infections such as vaginal yeast infections, bacterial infections and bladder infections. So, if you are suffering from such symptoms it is advisable to go in for a health check up followed by a physical exam and a blood test to confirm whether you have genital herpes or not.
How can it get spread?
You can only get Genital Herpes from vaginal intercourse and not anal or oral intercourse. The fluid present in the sore of a genital herpes patient has infected fluid. If the fluid comes in contact with their partner’s sexual organs while having intercourse they can be easily infected.
Can Symptoms Be Treated?
Your healthcare provider may prescribe antiviral medications to help prevent or reduce the pain and discomfort from an outbreak of symptoms. Medication taken on a daily basis to suppress the virus can reduce the number of outbreaks and reduce the risk of infecting others
How to Avoid Getting Genital Herpes:
- Try to have sex with people who have been tested negative for herpes or any other STDs.
- Use a latex condom while having sex. It prevents any sort of liquid to pass inside your partner’s genitalia.