Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Raja SekharappaYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old. I play cricket on weekend after which I suffer from ankle pain in one foot at one point. What could be the reason and suggest cure and any tests required.
Sir, my name is monu kumar. I am a student of engineering. I have a problem with last 3 months. Actually a pain in my left heel. I can not walk because it was very painfully. please help me sir.
I am sagar 18 year old Studying engineering I have back pain since 2 years not yet t got result please suggest me.
I am 62 years old, I am suffering from right shoulder movement restriction upwards & pain radiating to right elbow.
My grandmother is having pain in her knees while walking. She is 60 years old, suggest any remedy or diet if any.
I have suffered from chikungunya from last 20 days now I am well but my all legs joints to much pain so please suggests any medicine or other things Thank you.
I am a just 21 year old from last 2 to 3 weeks I have pain in legs, just like the muscles are straits with very painfully.The pain in my legs are not every day it will come after 2- 3 days and always it in the night when I was sleeping.What is I am do for that. Please help me. Thanks.
I have pain on my knees. When I sit anywhere then difficult to stand up. And also pain on knees whenever I bent it to get rid from it which medicine I have to take and which exercise I have to do?
I have pan in my back I try some creams & other items but note release please give needful advice about this.
I am 31 year old male. I had a small 2-3 swellings in my right armpit yesterday onwards. Severe pain also there. Please suggest me the solution for this. May I know how to take precautions for this.
Hi I have baby boy of 6 month by c section, now I'm feeling very tired and suffering from back pain.
I am suffering from pain on my right elbow for about nine months ago.I can't take even 5kg weight straightly.Please suggest remedy for it ?
I am experiencing numbness in my legs after I sit for too long, but I am overweight too.What should i do?
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
If you wish to discuss about any specifi problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.