Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raja Ravindran
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Raja RavindranYour feedback matters!
I am having pain on the left side of my right heel for last 6 months. Its more when I wake up in the morning and put my feet on floor. I am taking giloy juice (patanjali product) for a month now. The pain has not vanished by this but got subdued .what should I do.
My wife age 49 years under menopause suffering with pain at right leg upper part, for the last week days. Pain killers hifenac P gives temporary relief. She is having mild diabetes and hypertension for the last 2 years but under control. She suffers with URTICARIA for the last ten years. No swelling no fever. Kindly suggest suitable medicines.
RANSCUTANEOUS ELECTRICAL NERVE STIMULATION (TENS)
TENS is a type of pain relief that is centered around using small electrical currents to ‘ block out’ the nerves that are transmitting the feelings of pain you are experiencing. Instead of pain, you will feel more tolerable tingling sensations. Small pads are placed above or to either side of the area that is giving pain, and the results are felt straight away. TENS can be used to manage both acute and chronic pain but may not work for everyone.
For people with pacemakers, women in the first 3 months of pregnancy and people who operate heavy machinery, TENS is not an appropriate form of pain relief.If it is appropriate for you, your PHYSIOTHERAPISTcan refer you to a hospital physiotherapy department or a community physiotherapist who will be able to loan you a TENS machine for several weeks. If TENS is effective in reducing your pain, you may wish to buy your own machine
Pain transmission (or nociception) is the series of events that takes place in our bodies which allow us to feet and react to pain. It is very complex process.
WHEN PAIN HELPS US OUT
1. We are exposed to something that is painful (a painful stimulus). Forexample, we walk barefoot onto a hot sandy beach.
2. Specialized structures on the soles of our feet called pain receptorsdetect the painful stimulus.
3. The pain receptors send messages to the brain via the spinal cord (timeframe-fraction of a second).
4. The brain receives the pain message and interprets it ( time frame-fraction of a second).
5. The brain co-ordinates a response to the pain (e.g. get off the beach , run into the sea, put shoes on). Pain receptors are located throughout our bodies. Different types of pain receptor detect different types of stimuli (like temperature, pressure and chemicals).