Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
How to know my body suffering in diabetes? Please tell me any simple and free methods to know diabetes.
Hi, I have headache problem since my childhood, it pains just like any thing while I'm driving, due to light, max sound etc. I feel that is migran what would you say.
I am 43 years. Tell me the ways to cope up with erectile dysfunction or suggest me the drugs with least number of side effects for the same purpose.?
Hi, we are new couple. Kindly suggest us the right way of contraception is it a condom or pill? does pill have side effect's?
Having a head ache in the left portion starting from left eye to the extreme end. What may the probable reason for this kind of head ache? I use spectacles regularly having a power of -2.
I am a 28 year old male with a chronic skin issue. I get white spots on my face and neck every day. While these resemble acne/pimples, these spots have a puss-like white/yellow secretion inside. I clean them every morning while taking bath and they are back by evening or night. Please recommend a permanent cure since I am fed up of doing this every day since the last 6-8 years. I have tried different brands of face washes, face packs, medicines, but to no effect.
My sister's period is too late this time. Last period date was 18th June n in July didn't come, it didn't happened any time earlier, its first time. N now so much pimples are coming on her body, could you suggest the medicines.
Hi doctor. Am having allergic rhinitis since last 5 years. Am from last summer am suffering from facial skin problem. Red rashes coming on face. Am taking tab almax for allergic rhinitis. Then the red rashes of my face getting cure. When I stop almax again it is coming on face. What is dis connection. And sugest me treatment. Thanx.
I have addiction of masturbation. I want to avoid this. Due to the regular 3-4 times masturbation I can not sleep properly. I want to complete free from masturbation. Every time there is sex in my mind. I can not concentrate on my studies and I have become very thin and weak too. Please help me doctor as soon as possible.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease where the skin cells form a mass of scales. These patches of skin are dry, red and itchy. It is an autoimmune disease which usually occurs on the skin of the back, scalp, palms, knees, elbows and around the fingernails and toenails, but some people have the diseased patches of skin all over the body. The patches may also crack, flake and bleed.
Symptoms of psoriasis:
The symptoms of psoriasis may vary from patient to patient. However, if more than two of the following signs are seen, it is likely that psoriasis is the causative condition:
- Diseased patches of skin can crack, peel and bleed
- A sharp and localized pain in the joints accompanied by stiffness
- Soreness in the throat
- A whitish and silvery mass of scales surrounded by red patches of stinging, itchy skin
- The appearance of blisters or rashes on the dry scaly skin and also along the nails
- Bumps on the folded skin like back of the knees, armpits etc.
- Tiny depressions in the nails or large brown patches under the nails
- Swelling and tenderness of the limbs
- Dental plaque
- Muscle pain due to the swollen bands of connective tissue
The following factors are proven to have contributed to cases of psoriasis:
- HIV - Human immuno-deficiency virus adversely affects the immune system and increases susceptibility of all kinds of infections and diseases. HIV-positive individuals have been found to have an increased risk of psoriasis than HIV-negative people.
- Genetics - More than 32% of the cases of psoriasis have been linked to genes. In case of identical twins, if one twin has the disease, the other has a 70% chance of getting it too. There are several genes associated with the disease and most of these genes are related to the immune system. T cells (lymphocytes which affect cell specific immunity) can also cause psoriasis.
- Medication: Anti-malarial, anti-inflammatory and blood pressure medicines can cause psoriasis as a side effect. The disease is also an effect of withdrawal from topical steroid creams and other steroid-based medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.