Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raj IyengerYour feedback matters!
My dad has diabetes. Can he use fenfuro capsules. I read a lot in internet but not sure. Please suggest.
Someone told me that you should not drink milk at night. I want to ask that why one should not drink milk at night? Does it harm?
Why all mornings have erections in penis, and gets hard ,can you say correct reason with any evidence.
Hi doctor I am 26 years old male last week I got married and we have tried sex but after foreplay when I tried to enter the same time climax happens pls guide me what to do.
My head is pain from last three days also some time fever occurs. And some abdominal problem. Are these symptoms of typhoid.
Hello all, I am 42 years old women. I have bought organic unroasted green coffee beans for my weight loss. I wanted to ask how many times per day I should drink it and should I be supposed to drink it hot or cold?
What is the most effective and workable method overcome to premature ejaculation .i have sex many time with my female partner but I feel that I have suffering from premature ejaculation because I hold ejaculation about 1 and half minute only pls give me right guidance.
Hi. Am 23 old female, working in Bangalore, am in relationship, he informing me that whenever he will come close to me in evening he will get bad breath from me, but not in morning times, as he told several times I checked n worried about that but am not sensing that but I could sens the bad smell from my nose only in morning after brush and whenever I close my nose from fingers. But he says its not from your nose its comes from mouth that whenever I speak. Am really worried about this. Because of this he is not coming close to me as much he use to earlier. From 3-4 days am brushing evening also at 6 pm but still he is getting. So what I need to do please suggest me.
I have pcos im unmarried. In last month I didnt get date in this month also I have no symptoms. I used myonext 10 mg for 3 months there after I did not use any medicine im scared about my health what shall I do now.
My hands are sweating from last 04 years. I feels nervous. I never used to smoke or drink. My bp is normal. Blood sugar is also normal. Please tell me solution.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.