Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Rai VishwanathYour feedback matters!
My daughter is suffering from cerebral palsy. We r giving her occupational therapy but she is not responding well. We r frustrated.
I am suffering from sever headache some times back side of head from 5-6 YEARS, one doctor told me that it's migraine. symptoms: 1. Heavy headache 2. Head is so tight. 3. Inside is very pressure. 4. When I am in travel by bus I feel vomit. My details: male, 21 years old.
Dear Dr. , My son 12 year old in 7th standard was suffering from Epilepsy in his early years. After completing his course of 4 years of Epilepsy , he is absolutely fine from last 7 years after leaving the medicine. At present he is complaining of severe headache from last 3 or 4 days. We have consulted MBBS Doctor and he has given some medicine for this temporary phase. My question is that " Is this headache is related to that Epilepsy " What we should do. EEG is required or this may be another reason. Regards,
I' ve been experiencing pins and needles radiating from nape of my neck to left finger. Especially to my left index finger. It' s quite uneasy feeling which makes me to wake up middle of the night. I' m also having burning sensation on the neck region. Pls guide me
What is the treatment of an rood traffic accident. Patient come in head injury and massive blood loss?
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved.
I have an headache my ears are getting burnt and I think I have a migraine problem what are the symptoms of migraine.
Is there an increased risk of migraine for women who choose to take estrogen for menopausal symptoms?
I have problem of migraine. From last 7 years. I don't know what to do. Please suggest some medicines.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.