Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul Khodbole
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul KhodboleYour feedback matters!
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
I got up in the morning with a swollen right upper eyelid and cheeks on right side only. No pain or discomfort in the eye. Went to a doc he gave me the following Ivepred, LCZ, Topicid and asked to avoid sunlight. I have never had this no asthma what could this be? Some home remedies he suggested none.
I can suffering from eyes burning when I am going to CLG &went to hostel in this hot summer then what I can do to prevent this problem.
1. Every 20 minutes of looking at the screen, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Also, try to blink a lot.
2. Adjusting settings: Using a larger font to read helps to reduce eye strain. Adjusting your brightness helps, usually brighter screens are better in brighter rooms, dimmer screens are better in dark rooms.
3. Also, try to make your computer screen lower than your eyes. More of your eye is covered by your eyelid when you look down, so there will be more lubrication and you will subconsciously blink more.
4. Eating: A healthy diet prescribed by a registered dietitian will help you select foods rich in vitamin a and other nutrients for a healthy eye.
Do reply back if you need any help regarding foods to chose for your specific ailment.