Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. RaghupathyYour feedback matters!
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.
I am 81 years old. MY CARDIAC evaluation showed all normal. But MY Uric acid is 8.29 mg/dl against normal of 3.5 -7.2. My RBC was 5.65 nor being 4.5 -5.5 and the tron content is 37.6 nor 70 - 80. I have severe joint once in all the 4 joints of my legs and my left toe showed some softness. My back is aching and I am not able to move about freely and walking even standing for a few minutes painful. What should I do?
Hello sir mere father ko sugar hai or unke foot mai ek jakham hai water se jal gaya tha one month ho gaya hai her din dressing karwate hai jakham sukhne ka naam nahi le raha hum ko kya karna chaiye ?
I am suffering from hypothyroidism for last 3 yrs. In September last year my TSH was 7.2. My endocrinologist started 112.5 mg Thyronorm. In November my TSH was 1.24 but I felt extremely weak, tremors in limbs, loss of appetite, loss of libido. But still my endocrinologist asked me to continue 112.5 mg Thyronorm. In December TSH was 1.56. In March this year I again had problems of extreme weakness, tremors in limbs, loss of appetite, loss of libido I discontinued Thyronorm and in April my TSH was 19.2. My endocrinologist asked me certain tests.. My total testosterone is 260 Blood glucose fasting 107, pp 97 Vit B 12 423, Vit D3 4.2 In April my endocrinologist again started 112.5 mg Thyronorm but I followed my own advise I. E. For first 5 days 112.5 mg and next 5 days 100 mg and a On May 27 my TSH is 3.71, FT3 2.5, FT4 1.31. Now I am taking 75 mg Thyronorm for last 5 days. Is it correct dosage, is my Vit B 12 level of 423 normal. My free testosterone is 5.2 is it normal or low. Pl advise My lipid profile, LFT is normal Sodium is 145, calcium 9.2. Hba1c 6.4, ABG 137 Pl advise reason of my extreme weakness, loss of appetite, loss of libido and erection I also take Amodep 5 mg for hypertension Pl suggest detailed diagnosis a d treatment I would prefer advise from GP and endocrinologist.
I am 42 years old ,123 kgs in weight ,6.2 height and my creatinine is 1.4 I am on neprosave tab will my creatinine gets reversed? I am diabetic and my average sugar is 6.3 and my hypertension is 110/80 my b12 is on higher side its 1400 Pls advice whether 1.4 creatinine is correct for my weight What precautions should I take to safe guard my kidneys.
Hi i am Suffering from kidney failure due to diabetes ,now I M feeling breathless Ness ,doctor went for HB urea creatinine HB 7.8 urea 70 creatine 1.6.He gave me injection jectocos plus ,weather I should take or not. Some other doctor told me to go for testing blood erythropoietin. Now which to fallow.
My mother is 58 and she is diabetic and her sugar levels are under control, from last two months she is suffering from repeated urine infection. Again today her urine report says bacteria, Protein -Traces, Pus cells 50-60/hpf, She is getting weak day by day, not able to walk properly. I do not know what is the reason behind all this. Please help me and suggest a solution.
I am 36 years old I am suffering from diabetics from last 3 year and suffering from back pain. Please advise.
I am 35 years old Male, I have Uric Acid Problem for last 4 Years, I take FEBULAS 40 & SOBISIS FORTE TABLET. These medicines is right for URIC ACID treatment and how much long time this medicines I take.
I have diabetes mellitus please say me what diet should I follow also I want to know that what medicines should I take I discovered this on last full body check up.
Iam diabetic n based on insulin. I do walk n exercise both but then also iam failed to build my muscles. So give me suggestion to build my body.
I am diabetic for last 7 years and also blood pressure patient for last 18 years. At present I am taking Gluconorm G 2 forte ( twice)and Tazlock. Also a new problem of protein loss started. My age is 49.
I am Male 45 years diabetic patient last 15 years sugar-140 fi taking medicine: ameril m1 last 4 months previously taking glader2 with glunorm sr how could I stay madicine free life.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking 75 MCG Thyronorm. I recently got my sugar test done Hba1c is 6.4, ABG is 137 Last month my fasting glucose was 107 and PP 97 Please advise am I at risk of diabetes and what medicine, diet and precautions should I take to prevent diabetes.
I am 65 years old. I am a diabetic type 2 with high blood pressure since last 20 years. I take glycomet gp2 forte one in morning and glycomet gp 1 forte in night. I take tazlok am tablet once in a day. Fasting sugar is 114 and pp is 176. I am also sufferin from joint pain with arthiritis since last 10-15 years. Doctors only prescribe pain killers with different names. When I take pain killer tablet get some relief but when left pain killer again pain starts in joints specially in back and upper part of abdomen. I consulted cardiologist. Doctor says it is due to arthiritis. Please advice me to what medicine I should take so that I may get relief from pain
How to identify symptoms of diabetes in early stages and give suggestions to take care towards overcome problems.
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended.
In many cases, habitual overeating causes high triglycerides. Occasionally, the trigger is an underlying condition such as:
Excessive alcohol consumption
Adverse side effect of particular medications
Poorly managed diabetes
Hypothyroidism (insufficient production of thyroid hormones)
Some types of liver disease
Some types of kidney disease
Some genetic disorders,(triglyceride and LDL are both elevated).