Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raghunath S.k
Submit a review for Dr. Raghunath S.kYour feedback matters!
I am having a small lump with 2cm pus in my right breast. This has happened jst after my delivery when my baby stopped having my feed. please suggest how it can be cure now as its already been more than half month and there is no such improvement.
Hi my husband just underwent oral cancer surgery followed by chemo and radiation. It's been 9 months he's also lost almost 40 kg of weight. Since his food is very limited we were asked to give him protein powder supplement. Can you recommend any protein which will give him strength and is also nutritious. He is 44 years old. Thank you.
I have been suffering from from nocturia for 6 years and have undergone various treatments with not much satisfactory results. I am not at all getting enough sleep and that tells on my general health. No sir, I do not want to operate the prostate. Thank you
Obesity and wellness
How obesity could lead to increased risk of cancer?
Local inflammation or organ inflammation
People who are obese are more likely than normal weight individuals to develop chronic local inflammation affecting organs which over time can cause dna damage and lead to organ cancers.
Insulin and cancer
People who are obese over time are often found to have increased blood levels of insulin and insulin-like growth factor-1 (igf-1). High levels of insulin and igf-1 may promote the development of colon, kidney, prostate, and other endometrial cancers. Insulin resistance due to obesity is a risk factor cancer.
Hormones play havoc
Fat cells produce what are called as adipokines, which are hormones that may stimulate or inhibit cell growth. An adipokine called leptin, which is responsible for promoting controlled cell proliferation in the blood increases with increasing body fat which could over time trigger uncontrolled cell proliferation.
Higher amounts of estrogen produced by fat tissue, can drive the development of some cancers, such as breast and endometrial cancers
Here are the immediate steps to be taken by people who have been obese for over years now to reduce risk of cancer.
1. Immediately stop consumption of any processed food (processed dairy derivatives, processed cold storage food, canned food, sodas, ready to eat packs, instant noodles all fast food).
2. Your diet should consist of green leafy vegetables as they have anti-carcinogenic and blood purification properties, pules bell peppers, broccoli, sweet potato and peanuts for balanced intake of proteins, healthy fat which is essential for regulated cell functioning and complex carbohydrate rich in nutrients. Depending upon your metabolic type it is always better to develop a diet that best suites you in consultation with your nutritionist.
3. Add turmeric to your daily diet, (anti-inflammatory properties) refer to my postings on turmeric to have a complete understanding of how it helps and simple every day recipes to include turmeric into your diet.
4. Stop using processed oils for making your dishes and start using virgin coconut oil or virgin olive oil
5. Go for 21 days (minimum) detoxification program by carving out a diet (completely natural diet) that will flush out oxidants, toxins from the body.
6. Periodic fasting helps in reducing obesity as well as decreasing the risk of cancers.
This when followed consistently for at least 2 months, will reduce the risk of cancer in people who are obese for over years now. Consequently it is required to make certain lifestyle changes a must and a priority through out your life. You could refer to my previous postings on obesity for this.
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.