Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My mother is suffering from giant fibroadenoma in her left breast. One doctor has said to take a medicine for one month to cure it and others advised for operation. Should I go for operation or should I try medicines?
1) Me and my girlfriend had sex on 2march and our condom broke in between our intercourse during which I didn't ejaculate yet, she took IDOZ 72 in 3 hrs, now from 11march on wards she is having bleeding with pains and her breasts are soft what could be the reason, is she pregnant? 2) we both had dry humping, she was having her pant and inner while I was naked, I didn't ejaculate but her pant area felt wet can she be pregnant?
Many times I have lots of pain in my breast, stomach, food pipe, jaws and back together after or sometimes before eating and drinking something. No acidity capsules and pain killer gave me relief from this pain, the only way I got relief from this pain is vomiting. what s the reason of this pain and burning feeling.
How to avoid prostrate cancer and what are the major preventing steps to overcome from such disease.
I am 71 years old male. I tested my PSA level, it shows 6.9, is it normal or should go for medicine.
Dr, M 54yrs old female attained menopause 4yrs ago and 3 months before when i noticed occasional bleed went to check up, done my USG and found my endometrium slightly thickened and been advised to go for D&C. M very much worried if it will lead to cancer.Kindly advice me
I am 31 years old I have lymph node infection. Dr. prescribed 500 mg antibiotic tab. Is it safe? please provide brief info for lymph node infections.
My aunt she is 38 years old female she is a diabetic patient and now she has problem in right breast that she has some swelling over there and we are not understanding what's problem is that and no pain is observed and we consulted doctor they advised us to go for surgery so now we are not understanding what to do we are thinking to do surgery or not as she was a diabetic patient and we want to know is that any breast cancer? And the size of swelling or lump is 37x9mm and infection 8x3mm and please advice us what to do? Either surgery or can be cured by medication or is it Any breast cancer? Please advice us.
Hello dos, 1nd half years se mere baby girl ko feed kr re hun, lekin ab m uska dudh chudva re hun, to m kya medicines lu because my chest is paining now.
My prostate size is 44 cc. I am taking Tasulin (0.4) once in night. But now a days I am not comfortable. What to do? Increase dose or change medicine.
She has risk of breast cancer as her mother has breast cancer. Is der any premedication or vaccine available to prevent this cancer. Hope you wil answer.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurvedic practitioner and ask a free question.
The fallopian tubes are a couple of thin tubes that act as a vehicle in transporting a woman’s eggs (ova) from her ovaries (where they are housed) to her uterus (otherwise known as the ‘womb’) where they are either fertilized by the male sperm or disposed off during menstruation. Fallopian tube cancer, otherwise known as tubal cancer, forms in the fallopian tubes that connect the ovaries and the uterus.
It is hard to see a tumour or growth developing within a tube. This makes fallopian tube cancer hard to diagnose and complicated to manage as well.
If you do have fallopian tube cancer, it is vital to get a quick diagnosis as promptly as possible. This will help you to get effective treatment. However, diagnosing fallopian tube cancer can be challenging because of the following:
It is an uncommon kind of cancer.
The indications are vague and like those of different other conditions.
Discovering a tumour inside the Fallopian tube is troublesome.
In case you have symptoms that may point at fallopian tube cancer, your specialist will conduct a thorough physical examination and get some information about your lifestyle and your family history. A pelvic examination will be done to examine your uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and vagina. If a tumour is found, your specialist will do some more tests.
At least one of the accompanying tests might be utilised to see whether you have fallopian tube cancer and if it has spread. These tests additionally might be used to see whether the treatment is working. These diagnostic tests may include the following:
Ultrasound of the Pelvis: This test is helpful. However, in case that your specialist still suspects fallopian tube cancer, he or she will arrange a transvaginal ultrasound. During this test, a probe will be put into the vagina to deliver a photo of the inner organs. A transvaginal ultrasound is the best method for imaging the fallopian tubes.
CT or CAT (computed axial tomography) scan
MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan
Biopsy: A sample of cells is removed from the fallopian tube and examined closely, under a microscope. This is the best way to know for sure whether you have fallopian tube cancer. This will require surgery to extract the sample cells.
CA125 test: This blood test checks the levels of CA125, a known tumour marker for gynecologic cancers. An abnormal state of CA125 may mean you need to have more tests. However, it does not necessarily mean you have fallopian tube cancer. Serum levels of a marker called CA-125 can be unusually high in patients with gynecologic infections in cancer and non-cancer sorts, that is, pelvic inflammatory infection, endometriosis and early pregnancy. CA-125 can be non-specific and might be elevated because of numerous issues that are not cancer related.