Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I am suffering under sensory neural hearing loss for more than thirty years due to well path and diving in the village decibel loss 60 both sides many vitamins minerals tablets homeopathy Ayurvedic tablets taken but no improvement as far as clarity of words spoken by persons and over phone tv etc hearing aids tried no use it only increases the sound but not helping for clarity of words as far as sound enough for me life time my age is 65 Is there any medicine essential oils etc in the world to restore my clarity hearing of words.
This is for child 4 year old. Studies in Jr. Kg. I feel that my child has difficulty in clarity of speech and speaking in complete sentences. He requires language development. He communicates his needs and is quite good with written work in academics but story telling, language related narration is difficult. Also he communicates only in English. Though he understands our mother tongue Malayalam and Hindi, he communicates back only in English. Is there any way you can help him develop language skills. FYI he was premature 8th month baby, but had all his milestones correctly. His birth weight was 1.8 kg. He is very active and playful child.
What should be my meal. And what should meal my 17 month son which weight is 11 kg. Whats kind of exercise and drug to be taken.?
My son 5 years old. Nowadays he is urinate just a little drops and urinate frequently. In every 10 or 20 minutes. What to do?
I got my 6 weeks old daughter vaccinated for DTaP with Pentaxim. She is due for her next vaccination at 10th week in 10th of September. Pentaxim is not available where I live so please suggest a substitute for the same and also advise if I can switch over to DTwP wholecell vaccine for DTP like Pentavac SD from DTaP vaccines like Pentaxim considering its cost and effectiveness. Please also suggest some good vaccines pneumonia.
My 7 year old son vomited 4 times and has loose motions couple of times. Yesterday in sleep he had loose motion once which was almost water. He is throwing out everything. Can you please help.
Me and my wife are having cold and we have a 2 months baby, can you tell me how to prevent our baby from getting cold?
My baby is in her 6th month now. Can we give red bananas (chenthura pazham). As i am from kerala we get this bananas more. So is it advisable to give that now. I have lil today as she was eager to eat that as it tastes sweet. Is there any side effects if I give? please help. Thanks in advance.
My daughter is 4 years old. Daily she is vomiting at school. Morning she will have little bit of bournivita that's it. During snack break at school while having snack she will vomit daily. After having bournvita she will say feel like vomiting. Even I changed the drink to tea & other drinks also but same problem please suggest.
My 4 months old baby having cold and cough and his nose is blocked like sounds gur gur please help me what should in do.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.