Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raghavendra S
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Raghavendra SYour feedback matters!
I started walking and jogging in morning. I did lots of walking. The nerve in the below part of foot behind the toe gets stretched whenever I try doing something only on toes like push ups. Afterwards my thumb of the leg got pushed while running or likely twisted. My foot swollen. A doctor given me ULTRACET and Chymotrypsin tablets. Foot was OK after that. Now I tried doing push ups and nerve again got stretched and leg swollen a little for the day. What should I do?
I got typhoid 2 months before. It was for 15 days, I got recovered but now I am having a strange problem when ever I sit and stand-up I am getting severe muscle pain at this and below knees, can anybody help me on this.
I am a 39 old male and have leg pain issue from long time. My legs below knees pain very much. It feel like hot and pains when I seat or going for sleep. Consulted doctors and taken calcium tablets as well as B12 treatments. In summer pain is increasing. More pain in foots.
I have my back wrist problem on every night it's pain and lots of tablet I have taken but still no results for me still I am not feeling well please let me know how to recovered these problems and kindly share how I safe these disease in future.
My question is why are pain in foot. I cannot stand on my foot 20 or 30 minuntes. What is the symptoms of this diseases.
Im. 49 years I have severe left leg heel pain unable to walk and also both legs sole dry and getting still and palms too. Pls advice feel miserable in walking.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.