Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 1 year 3 months old she is facing lots of difficulty while passing stool she cries a lot and also has pain while doing potty and also the stool is hard like rock. Please doctor help me.
Hi. My baby is 12 days old. I feed her 2 hours once, I am feeding her for 1 hour even then she is crying for milk when I feed her again she stops crying. Is my milk insufficient to her? Wat should I do? And she is crying more in night times. I am worried lot. Pls advise.
Is there any treatment other than borne marrow transplantation (which was ruled out in this case) and blood transfusion on a regular monthly basis (which is being done for her for last 18 years and high chances of infections) for THALASSEMIA MAJOR. This girl, who is the daughter of my friend, is suffering from this since the age of 2 and she is now 20 doing her BBA LLB. She is a very normal cute girl without any external look of a patient. She is based in Kerala.
My baby bazel is 15 months old and he is not crawling ,not standing & not walking. He is only rolling and sitting. Kindly suggest what should I do.
I am 29 yrs. I am having belching of abdomen. I am having cough at present. What antibiotics i can choose. What is the treatment for belching?
My son (11 months old) is suffering from cough and cold & having watery nose. He is being given maxtra (5 ml one dose) though his nose is watery as a result of which he used to be cranky all the time. Please suggest what else should be given.
Hi I have a 2 month old baby! My mother in law tells me to press his forehead to make it flat! Will it help? And wil making the baby sleep on sides make his head on the side flat and hence asymmetrical or is it just a myth?
If your child is suffering from frequent loose motions, is anemic, not gaining weight or is the shortest child in class, she/he should be immediately screened for celiac disease. This can be done by a simple blood test which is available in most cities with accredited labs. For more information, you can contact a gastroenetrologist
I am suffering from polycystic since few months. And this is causing severe pain in my lower abdominal part, weight gain, irregular periods, hairs on upper lips and weakness.
Is it necessary to vaccinate my baby (16 month old) with MMR and PCV booster injection? IMA vaccination card does not mention these vaccinations but their staff says that these vaccinations are private and mandatory. Although I have vaccinated my baby with Varicella and hepatitis A vaccines in private clinics which are not mentioned in IMA vaccination card. So please guide me about these MMR and PCV booster vaccines about their necessities.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!