Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raghavendra
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
My 3 years old son platelet count is on bit higher side. It's 4.9lkh. But his pediatrician has not even reacted to that value. Is it okay to have this value?
Dear sir I am asking this for my son who has just completed 9 month on 25th. Last 2 days he was having dehydration which we thought is bcz he is getting the teeth. He has suddenly starting avoiding his formula milk or any milk which he use to take regularly. He is even not interested in any food and living in ORS. What should we do please suggest.
My son is 4 months old and suffering from loose motion from last 5 days; we consult doctor they prescribe us some medicines with ors syrup but he is still passing loose motions; we are giving him taxim o, skylac sachet. energizer sterilize water and some zinc syrup. Please advice we should continue these medicine or consult with doctor again. Thanks
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My daughter is 6 years. She is becoming arrogant and restless. If some horror picture she observed confirm she will vomit in night during sleep. We (myself, my wife and my only daughter) a flat in kolkata. Our parents live in native. She like swimming but couldn't try to swim without boat.
My baby is 2.5 years old. Still she weighs 10 kgs only. We have tried all methods from giving all kind of buttery foods, protein powder, fruits, milk everything but she is growing very slowly. On weight chart she comes below all parameters. Her height is 85 cm. Please advice.
My son is 7 years old. But he eats very less and shows tantrums on forcing him to eat. We're always worried about this. He's also very weak and short as compared to kids of his age. We consulted a child health specialist and the tests show that his intestines are very sensitive which creates problem in digestion. We tried many cures and medicines but all in vain. Please help me out on this.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.