Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ragavendira ButtYour feedback matters!
My baby is 2.5 months now and I am to start office works from April. Is it safe giving my baby stored breast milk? I have seen few ads on it. Is it suggested to be given? Are there any harms that can happen to the baby? If to start other home made food items what is the right time?
My son is 7 year old male they have high fever every evening last 3 days with cold suggest a good advice for my child.
My daughter has bed wetting problem since her birth she is now 8 years. She is also crying every day of meaningless. I think imipramine is suitable drug for her. Please help me.
My baby's genital area turned red and paediatrician said it was diaper rash. He prescribed Mintonia syrup 2.5 ml daily and Candiderma + cream to be applied after each urine. He is 7 months old. Is it safe to take these medicines?
I am a 41 year old male, I was on depression medication for 12 years and consumption of alcohol for 22 years, both are stopped since last three months. 1. Gas and Acidity 2. Back pain 3. Weight loss / dieting 4. Pain all over body, like hitting with pin. 5. Heaviness in the head loose of balance 6. Recently started Migraine issues 7. Eye weakness, flickering at times. 8. Dizziness.
My 7 + year is suffering from dry cough n nose block in the night n running in day time from laat 2 days. N pain in stomach during cough. Pls suggest.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
I am from Bangalore, and my son is 8 years 9 months old, and he has pain just around the umbilical cord region. Checked in google. Also known as belly button pain. His pain is severe. Since 4 years. All along we had been visiting doctors thinking it could be gastric related. Very confusing what exactly is the problem. While all his organs are normal in a scan. Could it be some kind of intestinal hernia or really a gastro related problem.
Hi doc, my baby is 6 and half months old. We are living in Bangalore. I am giving my baby ragi 2 times a day. I heard that giving more ragi will cause fits in babies. Climate is also too cold here. Pls suggest.
What to feed a new born baby and what is the real working woman choice so that find real value of health and best figure.
My 7 month baby .what is diet chart for him. And I am giving amul toned milk. Is it ok or not .and may baby boy urine bhot karta hai every 2 minute urine karta hai please suggest me.
My son is about 8 month & his weight is 8.5 kg. He is suffering from diarrhea. I gave him zinc & pre probiotic twice daily. But not effective. Please advice.
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.
Hi sir, my son is 3 years old is victim of un-descended testicles can you suggest me up to what age surgery has to be done?
My baby has dark patch on his face since birth which has become darker. He is 1 year old wat is the remedy for this.
My sister's baby got aborted at 5 month because of lethal cardiac anomaly. Baby had large vsd ,ventricular hypoplasia, pulmonary atresia, common trunk and overriding. She is fearing is it because of them (parents. Is their any factor in the parents that effects even the next baby? Will it affect in the future?
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.