Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika Vasant KaujalgiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor daily after waking up from bed I can see pus formed pimples on my nose only what is the problem ? What are the precautions to be taken ? What are the ointments or creams to be used ?
I am 25 years old. I don't know why I am having dark circles. It is now evident. Please suggest me something.
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. However, as far as safety is concerned, you should know that chemical peels have some side effects.
- They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills.
- Scarring can occur and cold sores can get reactivated.
Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained.