Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Radha S RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi I got married at 41. Can you suggest any tablets to have sex with my wife. Regularly. We are planning to have a baby.
Am 22 years unmarried. I didt get my periods for past 3nd half month. I already had irregular periods. Now am scared y it is this much late? Is ter any serious prblm.
I am 21 and my gf is 20 .3 days back we cuddled and there was precum on my penis .i think I touched it before I started fingering here .can it cause pregnancy? She is supposed to get her periods around 15th feb. Today she had a thick creamy vaginal discharge .i read precum contains some sperm from previous ejaculation but I masturbated 3 days before that incident even urinated before I fingered her. Can she still get pregnant?
Dear sir/mam, my wife age is 22 But & I was getting married before 6 Month. And that time her breast was very Loose & Small so she used suddol breast cream but still nothing improve of tightness. So please suggest how breast can tight & Big. Is there any cream & Or need to exercise please suggest me.
Trying to pregnant 7 month but not conceiving my periods are irregular some time 2, 3 months late. Please help.
Is this possible that meningitis can transferred from mother to her child, if yes then what is the precautions to prevent from this disease to child.
I am 30 years with PCOS, currently on metformin 1500 and folic acid. I am not overweight and the cervical mucus is regular however periods are yet to regularize, am I ovulating? Can I conceive naturally?
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many a times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am Dr Vandana Jain, practising gynaecology and infertility specialist. My areas of interest are antenatal care and giving care and cure to infertile patients.
Nowadays mostly all women are working. Pregnancy and motherhood become a huge responsibility for them. With the host of changes taking place in a working woman right from conception to child birth a woman needs both mental and physical care throughout the entire 9-month span. It is a real challenge to squeeze in the right diet, exercise and care both to the mother and the child and focus should be on regular antenatal visits to the doctor. A few things which pregnant women should focus on are;
- Regular antenatal checkups
- Daily sleep
- Eat well
- Exercise well.
- The doctor should provide you with additional nutritional supplementation.
- Keep stress at bay.
- Do not travel without informing your gynaecologist
- Do not smoke
- Do not lift heavy objects
- Do not take alcohol and strenuous exercises are to be avoided.
For any query regarding pregnancy or antenatal consultation, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Hai doctor. I would like to know about what are the reasons for slow periods. My girl frnd had periods after 4 to 6 days difference. What is the reasons. She is 17 years old.
My wife complained about the pain in her breasts since last week the pain is not very severe but it is enough to cause a discomfort. I want to ask is this is normal or anything serious. Kindly guide me what should I do.
I am 32 years 5 month pregnant n often stomach pain y Dr. All say for heat n my blood is less what food to have for both dr.
I am 32 weeks pregnant. Ultrasound report says there is a mild increased resistance flow in the umbilical artery RI 0.69 ND PI 1.1. Baby's growth is also 1 week delayed. Is there something to worry or if I can do something.
I am 23 years old I am facing heavy bleeding during my periods this time. Normally my periods days ranged from 3to 4 days. This time it's still going on 5th day even. The bleeding is normal as the other days but I am not getting the reason for this.
My wife does not getting period. When checked it by preganews kit the result is negative, now periods late by 2 weeks so help me what to do?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.