Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Radha Krishna RaoYour feedback matters!
The pain in my tail bone started after I fell down on my back from bike. I want to know whether there's any medicine, any exercise or both would help me get relief from this pain completely. Please suggest.
My husband is 28 years old and is suffering from backache. He also has dual personality disorder. Please suggest what should we do.
I am suffering with Cervical spondylitis from last 3 years. Now started problem more getting hands and feet getting pain and slow blood activation I believe in night time. Do you have any suggestions on this?
As you age, the cartilage cushioning your joints starts wearing down, causing the bones to rub against each other. This causes osteoarthritis, which is a type of degenerative disease caused. The rubbing of the bones causes inflammation of the joints. The joints of the arms and legs along with the lower back are most commonly affected by this condition.
Here are some common symptoms, which indicate that you are suffering from osteoarthritis:
1. Pain and tenderness: An aching back, knees, neck and hip with severe pain are some of the most common symptoms of osteoarthritis. The pain caused during the early stage of arthritis is classified into tenderness and pain. A sharper pain may be felt while moving the affected joint in a certain way. Tenderness is the discomfort experienced when the joint is pressed along with visible swelling in the affected area.
2. Joint stiffness: Joint stiffness is another early symptom of osteoarthritis. It refers to the wooden feeling, which makes a person feel slow and sluggish. The urge to rest or go to bed should be resisted. Warming up the joints with gentle exercise or moving around cause relief. It also helps in reducing the stiffness and you can continue your regular activities with more ease.
3. Abnormal sensations: When the cartilage wears down, the rubbing of the bones against each other may lead to some abnormal sensations. Grating of the joints is common in people with osteoarthritis. One may feel that their joints are cracking or clicking while moving.
4. Loss of flexibility: People who are in their early stages of osteoarthritis may face difficulty with moving the areas which are affected. This joint stiffness and pain may lead to a loss of flexibility or loss of range of motion. Range of motion refers to the extent up to which one can move his joints normally. In case you are not being able to bend your knee fully or as far as you would have done it normally, you might be experiencing osteoarthritis.
Loss of flexibility occurs slowly and gradually. A person may hurt his back unusually during a football game or may experience a stiff back in the morning after waking up. This gets more intense with time. In the later stages, you may experience joint pain even while resting.
In case you experience any symptoms of osteoarthritis, you must consult a doctor immediately. The doctor will provide you with a plan aimed at managing and getting a quicker relief from the pain caused due to osteoarthritis. Several over-the-counter medicines, braces for supporting affected joints and range of motion exercises are also effective ways of managing osteoarthritis.
My mother is 52 years old. My mother have muscles pain (low intensity) in whole body which remains most of time, during housework. The pain goes when body muscles are pressed via hand. Also, have problem of long term stomach gas due to weak liver and intestine.
I am 69 years old retired male.After retirement in January 2016, I go for 45 minutes morning walk almost everyday. I am 174 cm height and weigh@72 kg. I stay with my Spouse & daughter, son-in-law and grand child of 2 years. Normally, I maintain good health except for skin problem in both foot which started almost 35 years back for which I am under medication as under; 1.omnacortil -5 mg once daily 2.Zycolchin -5 mg once daily. Later in January 2014 I was asked to take; 3.Renodapt -500 mg x2 once 4.Aciterm -1/2 mg once. The last 2 medicines were started about 20 months back on the advise of doctors (In January 2014, I had some blood clotting problem and was treated by Cardiologist, Pulmonary Specialist, rheumatologist for a week in Manual hospital.) For the last 8 days I have severe pain in waist. I get temp. Often which subsides after taking Dolo-650. I have not moved out since last 8 days. Pl suggest tests (in detail) to be carried out.
Alternating hot and cold compresses can also help ease joint pain. Heat therapy helps decrease pain, increase blood flow and relax sore muscles and joints. Cold therapy reduces inflammation and numbs the areas around the affected joint.
1. Wrap both compresses in separate towels before using them. They should not be applied directly to the skin.
2. Place the hot compress on the affected area for about three minutes.
3. Remove the compress and immediately put a cold compress in its place for about one minute.
4. Repeat the process for 15 to 20 minutes a few times daily until you get relief.
Note: do not use heat therapy if the affected area is red, hot and irritated. Do not use cold therapy if you have circulatory problems