Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Radha K NYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor! I guess I'm suffering from vaginal infection but I'm not sure that it's yeast infection or BV. I am having swelling, irritation, burning sensation, itching on the surface and there is a discharge of white (lil bit yellow) thick stuff like butter as well and it's not smelly. Please prescribe medicine as I don't want to go to any random doctor as I don't know any doctor here. I also used coconut oil to stop itchiness and it helped.
Hi, I am 5 weeks pregnant from the last two days I have lite bleeding which is continuous and dark brown in colours with lite clots I didn't have any severe pain is this a bad sign of miscarriage? r any problem need advice.
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plant, which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies.
While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
- Physical Side Effects: As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
- Cravings: A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
- Mind and Mood Changes: After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question.
My friend having a sex with her b. F and now periods are not come from last two month but her pregnancy test is negative, please give me suggestion for this problem.
I don't want to get pregnant and I don't want my husband to know about it. What should I do or keep in mind after sex? Is taking pills safe? Does it kills baby inside? I don't want to kill baby inside. How does pills works? What all should I keep in mind after sex for not getting pregnant by any chance. I am 28/F never got pregnant ever.
Hello doctor. Sometimes I am having pain in my lower stomach during periods. And I took medicine. But my friend told me that in period its harmful to take medicine even I will not able to get pregnant after marriage. Is this true Dr. Please help.
Hello mam I wanna know .dat I hd unprotected sex vid my boyfriend 2 times till. Now .one time before 4 months n one time yesterday .n I hv taken unwanted 72 both times .soon after sex .is there ny harm If I hv taken pill after 4 months?
As I was bleeding for 4 weeks after taking the abortion pill. So I had consulted a doctor for d&c procedure, and I am going to do this procedure on 5 Jan, but its after 28 days m doing the procedure, just want to ask that there is chances of getting pregnant after in future again. Is there any complications in normal pregnancy. Does I get pregnant when I want to?
Does squats and leg press machines exercises in gym makes vagina loose or does it affect hymen? I am 22 virgin.
I have done with the vaginal follicular monitoring and it's show pcod. So what can I do to conceive faster actually trying from the last 6 months.
￼Cervical spondylosis is a medical term for neck pain caused by age-related ‘wear and tear’ of bones and tissues.
The degenerative process chiefly affects the vertebral bodies, the neural foramina, and the facet joints. If it may cause severe pressure on nerve roots with subsequent sensory or motor disturbances, which causes pain, paresthesia, and muscle weakness in the limbs.
Causes of cervical spondylosis
- Spondylosis is caused from years of constant eccentric pressure, from joint subluxation or poor posture, being placed on the vertebrae, and the discs between them. The aberrant stress causes the body to compose new bone in order to compensate for the new weight distribution. This eccentric weight bearing from bone displacement will cause spondylosis to occur.
- Poor postures and loss of the mundane spinal curves can lead to spondylosis as well. Spondylosis can affect a person at any age; however, older people are more affected.
- Cervical spondylosis is a very prevalent condition. It's estimated that 8 out of 10 adults will have some degree of cervical spondylosis by the time they are 60 years old (but many will not have any conspicuous symptoms).
- The most cases outlook of cervical spondylosis is generally good. Most cases respond well to treatment after a few weeks.
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis
- Cervical spondylosis includes neck pain and shoulder pain. The pain can be rigorous in some cases.
- Infrequent headaches may occur, that customarily start at the back of the head, just above the neck, and peregrinate over top of the forehead.
- Pain conventionally comes and goes, with flare-ups followed by symptom-free periods.
- Around 1 in 10 people develop perennial (chronic) pain.
- Other, more severe, symptoms customarily only occur if you develop:
- Cervical radiculopathy – where a slipped disc or other bone pinches or irritates a nerve
- The most common symptom of cervical radiculopathy is the sharp pain that" travels" down one of your arms (known as brachialgia).
- You may experience some numbness or" pins and needles" in the affected arm, and stretching your neck and turning your head makes the pain worse.
Diagnosis of cervical spondylosis
- The spurling test may be used to evaluate patients with cervical radiculopathy. The sign is elicited by extending, rotating, and laterally flexing the patient’s neck toward the symptomatic side. Then, the doctor applies axial pressure on the spine. Pressure applied on top of the head may increase symptoms.
- The spurling test has a sensitivity of 30% to 60% and a specificity of 90% to 100%, quite similar to those of other provocative maneuvers (low sensitivity but high specificity). This test help confirms the diagnosis of cervical radiculopathy.
- X-ray, and mri scans are helpful for diagnosis of pain but generally not definitive and must be considered together with history and physical examinations.
Cervical spondylosis treatment
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of signs of sickness. The goal of treatment relieves pain, help you maintain your normal activities as much as possible, and prevent permanent injury to the nerves and spinal cord.
Physical therapy management
- There have been several trials and systematic reviews into the use of physical therapy program for treatment of cervical spondylosis and its consequences.
- There are several types of manipulations and exercises your physiotherapist can utilize to relieve stiffness, strengthen the area, and restore the function of the neck. Treatments such as cold or heat application, deep tissue massage, neck stretching, ultrasound and electrical stimulation may be used prior to exercise.
- During physiotherapy, you practice a range of exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles that support the neck. You also learn how to improve your posture and range of movement exercises. You have to learn correct postures, the physiotherapist stand in front of a mirror while exercising, so you can see your mistakes and correct them.
- ￼one technique sometimes to provide pain relief and improve movement by cervical traction. Traction gently extends the neck opening the spaces between the cervical vertebrae and temporarily relieve pressure on the affected discs. Neck traction either done continuously or intermittently (short periods of pulling and resting).
- It’s also possible at home to do cervical traction. There are pulley system devices that enable you to perform cervical traction in lying down. It’s important if you do cervical traction at home to see your physiotherapist first to make sure that you buy the right things and learn how to correctly set up.
- ￼cervical pillows (neck pillows) are designed to stabilize the neck while you sleep.
- A cervical collar may also help you stabilize and realign your spine and relieve pain.
If over-the-counter pain medication doesn't help, your doctor might prescribe:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs- prescribe-strength ibuprofen or naproxen sodium might be needed to relieve pain and inflammation. Muscle relaxants- certain drugs, such as cyclobenzaprine and methocarbamol can help relieve muscle spasms in the neck. Antidepressants- antidepressant medications have also been found to help ease neck pain from cervical spondylosis.
Cervical spondylosis tends to be a chronic pain condition, but in most cases, it’s not progressive. Only rare cases surgery is required.
- Chances are you've never heard of vaginismus (or, as it is now known, genito pelvic pain penetration disorder) before. Why? Because it's the disorder nobody wants to talk about, least of all those whom it most affects - women. Vaginismus is musculature of the outer third of the vagina, which interferes with coitus and causes distress and interpersonal difficulty.
- Among the male factor infertility, erectile dysfunction was found to be the top ranking cause accounting for 79.37% followed by premature ejaculation 12.01%, Lack of sexual desire 3.92%, homosexual orientation 2.79%, sexual aversion disorder 1.31% and disorders of sexual preference 0.61%.
- Vaginismus is believed to be a psycho-physiologic disorder due to fear from actual or imagined negative experiences with penetration and/or organic pathology. Women with vaginismus have also been noted to have a lack of sex education. Vaginismus was the 63.9% , ed 11.9% , PME 8.3% , low male sexual desire 2.7%, low sexual desire in female 13.9% dysfunctional underlying non consummation of marriage is largely treatable. Adaptation to the situation usually occurs and associated factors add to the primary cause. Treatment of the underlying dysfunction can challenge the relationship.
- Sexual dysfunction is a common problem which leads to inter-personal problems and marital discord. defined as recurrent or persistent involuntary spasm of the with coitus and causes distress and interpersonal difficulty.
Treating vaginismus merits a two-front approach which includes behavioral sex therapy techniques and relational intervention. When appropriate, the behavioral intervention consists of prescribing dilators (from smallest to largest) that the wife is to use in the privacy of her own home to gradually desensitize herself to penetration (the fourth and usually largest dilator is roughly the size of a penis). While the husband may be called upon to help his wife insert the dilators (depending on his wife's comfort level), for the most part his job is to ease off the pressure for her to perform, be supportive, and try to understand his role in the marital dynamic (usually an enabling one) and the associated symptom.
Ascribing to a psychodynamic model of treatment, is helpful for a couple to understand where their symptom came from, but I'll admit this is not always necessary for them to achieve a positive outcome. Nevertheless, employing the psychodynamic systems approach to uncover any conflicts that might be behind or exacerbating the vaginismus. These underlying causes may include prior sexual abuse, chronic control struggles experienced in the family of origin, negative messages or beliefs about sex emanating from the family of origin, religious values that conflict with sexual pleasure, to name a few. I also pay close attention to the couple's interactional style in order to assess whether it, too, is a contributing factor.
What causes it?
- "Both [primary and secondary conditions] are psychologically based. "It's a physical condition, but it's a psychological condition as well.
- "To treat it correctly, you need to treat both the physical and psychological aspects."
- while there are many hypotheses on possible causes, its actual etiology is unknown, probably in part due to the fact sufferers are so reluctant to come forward.
- "It's a really complex thing, And while it is influenced by many things -- there are lots of hypotheses -- the big link, for primary vaginismus anyway, seems to be strong correlation between being raised in a religious environment.
- "This may be due to several factors including lack of information, insufficient premarital education, a cultural context strongly proscribing sexual behavior, and the expectation that intercourse take place immediately after the wedding, necessitating a radical shift from sexual abstinence to sexual intercourse.
- Often the anxiety resulting from repeated attempts at intercourse contributes to the sexual dysfunction. One or both partners may be anxious that penetration will be painful, that there will be bleeding, or that the woman will get pregnant. While a certain amount of anxiety surrounding sexual activity is normal, when one or both partners are overly anxious, sexual function can be affected in the following ways: The male partner may have difficulty maintaining an erection strong enough to allow penetration or he may lose his erection just prior to intercourse. Anxiety may contribute to premature ejaculation, also just prior to reaching penetration. Anxiety may prevent the woman from relaxing enough to allow penetration. She may close her legs or contract her vaginal muscles. This presentation is referred to as vaginismus, defined as the persistent or recurrent difficulty of a woman to allow vaginal entry of a penis, a finger, and/or any object, despite her expressed wish to do so. While anxiety may indeed be a factor contributing to and perpetuating many sexual problems, there are many components to sexual problems, including physiological ones. Therefore, each partner in a couple presenting with an unconsummated marriage should undergo a physical exam.
- Physical presentations of the female partner that might prevent intercourse can include sexual pain disorders such as localized vulvodynia, also known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This fairly common condition is characterized by pain with touch at the entry to the vagina, which can prevent intercourse. A woman's hymen may be a barrier to intercourse. Some women have a very thick hymen, or a septate hymen, which is a thin piece of membrane running vertically which separates the vagina in to two sides. While most of these conditions can be addressed with sexual counseling and physical therapy, including use of vaginal dilators, in most cases a septate hymen needs to be repaired surgically.
- Frequently, lack of knowledge about sexual anatomy and physiology may contribute to a situation whereby attempting intercourse feels awkward and un-natural. Often all that is needed is some basic anatomical information and positioning advice. For example, a couple may report that the woman's vagina feels dry and excess friction prevents intercourse. In this case, the couple may be advised to ensure that intercourse take place when the woman is sufficiently aroused after plenty of exciting foreplay. Over the counter lubricants may be very helpful. While some people are physically active, very aware of their bodies, and comfortable with movement, other people are less so and may simply have not figured out how their bodies move in order to comfortably find a position for intercourse. One or both of the partners may have mobility problems or difficulty getting in to or maintaining a position. A woman may have difficulty keeping her legs open or a man may not be able to hold his weight up on his arms. In these cases as well, consultation with a physical therapist may be helpful in providing exercises and positioning advice.
- While behavioral solutions may be found for many couples, it is important to note that couples in unconsummated relationships, particularly of long standing duration, may benefit from couples therapy directed by a competent Sexologist. A doctor working with such a couple may wish to gain understanding in how the couple presents and organizes around the problem: How is the presenting problem perceived by each partner? Is there attribution of blame? What is the significance of the dysfunction itself and how is that perceived by the couple? Who is aware of this situation and in what way is outside intervention (community, parents, and religious leader) perceived in assisting or perpetuating this condition? Identifying the various factors contributing to the condition and dealing with them with physical, psychosexual, and couples therapy, may be the key to consummation and the commencement of a satisfying intimate life.
"So we are talking about people who are raised in conservative faith, who may not have looked at their anatomy in the mirror," Small continued. "They haven't touched themselves, they haven't looked at themselves -- they may view the entire thing as being dirty."
"In terms of the secondary form, this is a result of some kind of trauma or sexual issue, and can be triggered by something later on.
"Women don't talk about it. They learn to live with it. I've seen cases where women have been married or in relationship for up to 12 years and only present when they want to have children."
- Women don't talk about it. They learn to live with it. I've seen cases where women have been married or in relationship for up to 12 years and only present when they want to have children.
How to treat it
- Most women who experience vaginismus choose to live with it rather than come forward and have it treated. Even those in long-term relationships may try to conceal what is happening from their partner or forgo sexual relations all together.
- "If they don't do that, they cut that part of intimacy out of their relationship altogether and choose to shut down any intimate feelings they might have. They end up having a very different kind of relationship.
- "What is important to say is there is a cure and they can be helped. That's the message that needs to get out there. Treatment for vaginismus have included systematic desensitization along with insertion of graded dilators/fingers11, drugs like anxiolytics, botulinum toxin injection,12
- and sex therapy. An In the Indian scenario where the talk about sex is taboo and limited among partners it becomes very essential to first improve their communication so as to improve the sex related issues. eclectic approach involving education, graded insertion of fingers, Kegel's exercises and usage of anaesthesia with vaginal containment was tried.
- As Small previously mentioned, the best approach in terms of a cure is to seek both psychological and physical treatment.
- For the psychological side of things, she recommends seeking out a competent female sexologist.
- Physically, many women are taught how to use vaginal dilators in conjunction with relaxation techniques.
- "With vaginal dilators, basically how they work is you start off very very small, and then, using relaxation techniques, slowly work your way up in terms of size.
- "It's imperative these women have a gentle introduction and remember they are in control of the situation.
- "There is also something called saturation therapy which is often undertaken with their partner. Using dilators, they are able to discuss their mental state and what their thoughts are at any stage. There has actually been incredible results with that. Something like 90 percent of participants report sexual success afterward." there has been some preliminary research done into the effectiveness of Botox, but states at this stage, the research is still too new to offer any kind of conclusive evidence.
Steps to take
- If you think you or your partner might have vaginismus, it's extremely important to understand treatment is available, and, better yet, comes with a high level of success rates.
- "The first step is to see a competent female sexologist. "It is one of those things that, when it presents, it is pretty obvious it is on a psychological basis.
- "A sexologist may double-check everything is okay, but typically what they will find is anatomically they are fine and everything is in order and working -- the cause stems from a psychological basis.
- "The big thing about it is it's treatable, and it is possible to lead a really fulfilled life.
We all have heard our grandparents telling us, that drinking water stored in a copper vessel is beneficial to our health. So much so that some people have glasses and jugs made of copper that they use exclusively to store and drink water. So, do you think this belief really has any scientific logic?
According to ayurveda, water stored in a copper vessel has the ability to balance all the three doshas in your body, (vata, kapha and pitta) and it does so by positively charging the water. The water stored in a copper vessel is known as ‘tamara jal’ and is supposed to be consumed after storing the water in a copper vessel for at least eight hours.
When water is stored in a copper vessel, the copper gently leaches into the water and lends it all its positive properties. The best part about this water is that it never becomes stale and can be stored this way for long periods of time.
- Try drinking water stored in a copper vessel regularly. Apart from fine tuning our digestive system to perform better, copper also helps our body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently, thereby, helping our body keep only what it will use and throw out the rest, hence helping in weight loss.
- Copper has properties that stimulate peristalsis (the rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the stomach that helps food get digested and move along the digestive tract), kill harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation within the stomach, making it a great remedy for ulcers, indigestion and infections.
- Copper strengthens our immune system and aid in the production of new cells. Copper is also known to help wounds within the body, especially the stomach.
- Copper has been found to help regulate blood pressure, heart rate and lowers one’s cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also helps prevent the accumulation of plaque and has the documented effect of dilating blood vessels to allow better flow of blood to the heart.
- Copper is known to be oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria), and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against e. Coli and s. Aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and known to cause severe illnesses in the human body. Copper is known to help prevent common water-borne diseases like diarrhoea, dysentery and jaundice.
- Copper has very potent anti-inflammatory properties. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints – like in the case of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This is why drinking water infused with copper is a great option for relief from aches and pains of these diseases.
- Right from cell formation to aiding in the absorption of iron, copper is an essential mineral for the functioning of your body. This is one of the reasons that it also helps in keeping anemia at bay. An essential component in the entire process of absorbing and using iron present in the body, copper helps keep the levels of haeme (iron) up and regulates its flow in your blood vessels.
- Copper is the main component in the production of melanin (a pigment that mitigates the color of your eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies. Apart from that copper also aids in the production of new cells that help replenish the top most layers of our skin. While melanin helps the body stay safe from sun damage, speeds up wound healing and covers up scars, the production of new cells is a boon for smooth, blemish-free and clear skin.
- While buying copper utensil, one very easy way to distinguish between pure copper and an adulterated version is to know that copper is a very soft metal and pure copper is difficult to mould into intricate shapes. So if the design of your copper vessel is very intricate, it is most probably not made with pure copper.
To wash copper utensil from inside, do not use a coarse scrub as it will tend to scrape away copper from the vessel. Instead, use one half of a lemon (you can squeeze out the juice) and rub it on the inside of the vessel. Allow it to stand for a few minutes and then wash off with plain water. Alternatively you could also try using baking soda with water. Use this mixture to coat the inside of the vessel and allow it to stand for a few minutes and rinse away the excess baking soda.
Drinking water twice or thrice in a day from a copper vessel is more than enough to reap its benefits.
Good morning everyone. My name is Mahendra B Mehta. I am graduated from Mumbai University. And my designation is MBBS, MBPS, Diploma in acupuncture and post graduation Diploma in Clinical research.
Here, I want to highlight that by modifying lifestyle and by Alkalizing ourself and by doing immunotherapy, we can definitely restore our health. In 1931, Dr Auto Heinrich Wurzburg had been awarded Nobel prize for his excellent work proving that Hypoxia and Acidosis cause cancer. The cancer cells can not survive in the Alkaline medium. and therefore the usage of alkalization is important. This was done 90 years back, and we have seen Industrialization, Deforestations, Pesticides, fumes, unhealthy food habits, unhealthy food, radiations, all these are producing acidic radicles in our body. And this is how body reaches the alkaline stage, i.e, 7.4 pH. We advance our age being exposed to all acidic foods, which results in more of an Acidosis pH. Where the chances of diseases Chronic diseases, hypertensions, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, COPD and asthma, all these diseases happen due to pollution, pesticides as discussed above.
In order to emphasise, it is a great work done by Dr Hiromi Shinya, he is a doctor who invented Colonoscopy. He is one of a renowned best Gastroenterologist in Japan and America. Practising 6 months over year in Japan and practising 6 months in America. And it is his Hiromi lifestyle which advocates the usage of Alkaline diet and usage of alkalinization energic water which is going to have a great benefit to our body. And this is how, by modifying our body alkalinization, because it has got three properties of;
- Ionization, which reduces the Oxidative stress
- The alkalinization is to neutralise the acidic effect of the body.
- The micro clustering ensures the great transportation to the target cells.
Because all these three radicles are producing, are damaging our cells, degenerative diseases, lifestyle changes diseases and the cardio vascular diseases, which are more prominent due to the acidic nature.
Having highlighted you about the importance of alkalinization by changing the lifestyle, immunotherapy, one can restore the normal health.
By doing all these things, we can be helped out greatly, By Dr Hiromi Shinya is food practising in total alkalinization diet, not to himself, but he has installed the machine for his own clinical practices and he is working on all his cancer patients, all other patients for great testimonials are always available. So I advocate alkalinization, immunotherapy to improve your health to the desired level.
In order to clear the doubts and for guidlines, you can contact me through Lybrate, as I am the member of Lybrate and I would definitely help
In order to clear the doubts and for guidelines, you can contact me through Lybrate, as I am the member of Lybrate and I would definitely help.