Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RadhaYour feedback matters!
I never had sex before but I want know if my hymen still or not because I severely beaten in my sensitive area please Doctor help me.
Hello doctor, I had my period on 15 th april, I had sex with my fiance on april 18, 19, 20. But I remember that he didn't do inside me. Till then I didn't have my periods. Home pregnancy test is also negative. Then we again had sex on 28 and unfortunately he did inside me. I had unwanted 72 within 72 hrs but still my periods has not come and I also have history of irregular periods. I am in please help me out of this situation.
Hi my wife got pregnant from 26 March pls help me what precautions to be adopted fr good health of baby Nd wife, also tell me diet to be taken by my wife. Response my question in detail.
Eating any pregnancy prevention medicines after sex is good? Please suggest me any medicine. I will be married on december. But I have to complete my studies. Please help me.
I got married recently. While trying to have the very first intercourse with my husband, I got pain and the penis entered slightly inside vagina. Now I am very much afraid to have full insertion of penis inside my vaginas but I have become very much anxious to do so. Please suggest a comfortable method of continuing intercourse. Thanks and looking forward to hearing your suggestion.
I had sex 5 to six times at interval with a married woman. I am unmarried. She is not suffering from hiv aids. Can I be infected from AIDS after having sex with her?
Hi am 25yrs married, with irregular periods, facing problem with facial hair (chin), Skin tanned on neck, gained 8kgs after marriage in 2yrs now 66kgs with height 5'4, Pcod noted, thyroid (maintaining TSH levels with ebexid tablet) from 1yr we are planning for baby but due to infertility am not success in getting pregnant I hav under gone with follicular study for 3months failed, and also come failure. Now changed doc She said I have PCOD So taking glycomet 250 twice a day 1folic acid, 1multi vitamins tablets, 1vitamin E tablet, from 2months but still I dint get my periods Am I pregnant. But I don't feel like pregnant Feeling afraid to take urine test coz of negative result Please help me friends When will the Pcod will be treated and how long it will take me to get pregnant.
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long-term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important?
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But, good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphilis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also, the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
Hello. Me and my bf hugged and kissed in bed. He was wearing jeans and boxer. I was wearing jeans and 2 additional set of clothes inside. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I just completed 4 days after my last period.
My wife is trying to get conceive and she is 27 years old. Is taking folic acid tablet good and is it recommendable even taking without doctors prescription.
3rd trimester is start of my wife. Which changes seen in vagina. And which food should be taken for best pregnancy?
Trying to conceive past 4 months 23 years old, this month had few symptoms but landed up having late period after 33 days, I always have a regular cycle of 28 days. What to do?
She is not getting periods properly so doctor is enquiring about PCOD. I want to know what PCOD is and how it is related.
I am a pcod patient with irregular periods and frequent vulva infection. I am going through lot of irritation due to infection. Please help.
I am 25 I got aborted in month of may I got ma period in June but little then July I got twice again lit how come? why don't I get back to my normal period ?
I have delivered a baby on 16 feb by force vacumm delivery I am very tensed about my stitches how do I come to know my stitches are healing or stitches have broken. What is a difference between menstrual cycle blood and bleeding. How do I come to know that its m. C. Blood or bleeding. Please reply I will be very thankful.
The first thought that comes to your mind when you see a chocolate pastry or a strawberry cheesecake is an immediate urge to eat it. However, these foods are filled with excessive calories and unhealthy fats that do not contribute positively to your health in any manner whatsoever. Basically, you need to control those taste buds in order to remain healthy.
Here are 5 common foods that may be enjoyable but are surprisingly bad for you:
- Chocolate cookie: A chocolate cookie is something that you would love to eat anytime. These cookies are delicious to eat and thus, very difficult to stay away from. They contain calories in large amounts which are mainly from simple carbohydrates. They tend to raise your blood sugar immediately, thus leading to fat accumulation.
- Ice cream: Ice cream is a type of food that is high in calorie content and fat. Most of the calories are from simple sugar and saturated fat that raise your risk of heart disease. Ice cream is also known to add to your kilos in no time at all.
- Biryani: Biryani is a commonly consumed dish because of its flavor and taste. It is made up of rice, spices and hydrogenated vegetable fats, thus making it very high in terms of calories. It also contains unhealthy fats that raise your bad cholesterol levels and up your risk of heart diseases due to plaque buildup in your arteries. You should not consume it if you have a stomach ulcer as it may aggravate the condition.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which, if consumed in large amounts, can be toxic for your body. Too much coffee might also mess up your sleep cycle and may result in insomnia. Too much of coffee is also proven to raise your bad cholesterol levels.
- Tea: Consumption of tea increases your chances of stomach ulcers and liver complications. One of the constituents of tea, tannic acid, ups the risk of anemia. It is recommended not to drink tea immediately after a meal.