Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rachana ShettyYour feedback matters!
Great suggestions and to the point, also I'm grateful for the clear direction provided.
I have a 10 years old boy suspect adhd. He take atomoxetine hydrochloride for 1 month. Any other remedy is available which has no side effects?
My child of 7 years having epilepsy since 2.5 years and taking continue medicine but sezuires are not stopping and have changed doctors also suggest what to do to stop sezuires. Taking care also. But problem occurs when it happens in school. School also takes care but how to stop sezuires.
Hi my baby is 3 month and 20 days old. Birthwt was 2.6 kg now he is 5.4 kg. Suddenly he has developed a habit of thumb sucking and from pst week he does not want to feed and sucks on thumb. When I position him to nurse he starts crying and wants to put his thumb in his mouth. earlier he used to feed easily. He is totally on breastfeed so I am really worried about him. What shall I do? He drinks milk while asleep or while standing. please please help.
Hi doctor My baby girl is 3 months old She had lactose intolorence due to which she had stomach infection n acidic stills and advised to be given zerolac only at 2nd month for 2 weeks and after then she recovered have started bf & zerolac alternatively She is absolutely okie and above healthy have started vegetable soup since a week I want to give her nachni & dal ka paani My concern is can I give And if yes and then how to giv with wat mixture Thanks in advance
My baby is 5 months 20 days old, I want to start solid to her. I want to know how much I should give her in a day at particular time.
My 5 month old baby keep his hand in mouth may be due to his coming teething stage & always irritate if try to keep his hand outside the mouth. Pls suggest whether we can give him any water based OR silicon teething device.
My son, 2.5 years old. His head circumstance is small about 40centimtrs. He understood every thinks what we say and he do every actions in corect time but he doesn't speak all words and sentens. Only some words he speak now eg mummy, daddy, water etc. And the main problem is noticed that some times he do some activities repeatedly. That is eg of he open the door then closed then open then closed again again and another he step down then up and down then up again and again. Doctor, I think his brain is not developed as his age. Any solution for this disease. Please share me details. So thank you.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!
Insulin like supplementary drugs for hyperglycemia
Pramlintide (symlin) is a new type of injectable drug that can help control postprandial hyperglycemia, the sudden increase in blood sugar after a meal. Pramlintide is injected before meals and can help lower blood sugar levels in the 3 hours after meals. Pramlintide is used in addition to insulin for patients who take insulin regularly but still need better blood sugar control. The fda approved this drug in 2005 for adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Pramlintide and insulin are the only two drugs approved for treatment of type 1 diabetes.
Pramlintide is a synthetic form of amylin, a hormone that is related to insulin. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, and dizziness. Patients with type 1 diabetes have an increased risk of severe low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) that may occur within 3 hours following a pramlintide injection. This drug should not be used if patients have trouble knowing when their blood sugar is low or have slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis).
My daughter aanviya is 8 month old now what type of food shall I give to her. Pls say including every food.
My 6 year old son was in high fever and has also developed nausea symptom. He was diagnosed for Acute Tonsillitis by pediatrician and suggested for "clamp Kid forte Dry syrup (Amoxicillin (400 mg) Clavulanic acid (57 mg) )" and Imol (Paracetamol brufen tab). Antibiotic dose is 5 ml 2 times where as imol is as required. After taking 3 dose of antibiotic he started Diarrhoea which is mild in nature. Do we need to give him another medicine to control that.
Did my baby's weight has increased too much in my 30 weeks pregnancy. Can that cause discomfort in chest.
My 6 months old Baby is passing stool for 10 times a day, given oflomac syrup to him, but still the condition is same.
Hi I have stomach pain from last three days back pain and ulcer in mouth also Please suggest what shout I do.
My baby is 5month old. Her weight was 2.5 kg at the time of birth now she is 7.4kg.She is only breast fed and no formals are given. Is she obess? What should I do?
My baby's birth weight is 2.23 and now she is 8.5kg, now she is 13months old. Is this weight gain normal, weight gain hasbbeen stopped from 10th month. She is very active and crossing every milestone in time. Kindly guide me in this.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.