Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rachala LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I hav irregular periods from last 3 months. Almost around 18-20 days. I hav heavy bleeding in starting two days n thn rest two very less. Sometimes periods stays for two days. Why?
Hello Today is my 11th day and I did ovulation test today with ovulation kit. I got 2 lines one is light and the other is dark. "c" line is dark nd "t" line is light. I wanna ask whether m ovulating or not? And what is best time to do ovulation test early morning or in day time?
Sir, I have been married for the past two years and still no child. Please tell me the best time or period after menstruation to conceive.
Foods that elevate your metabolism is a good method of losing fat from the body. Include these foods in your breakfast, lunch and dinner to harness their fat burning power. Try these foods to kick start your metabolism:
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be super foods as they are packed with nutrients. Rich in protein and vitamin D, eggs also help boost your metabolism.
- Lean meat: Include lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to your diet as they are rich sources of protein. They are also good sources of iron, the deficiency of which may lead to sluggish metabolism.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers are good sources of 'capsaicin', a component that is known to kick start your metabolism into high gear. You may add chili peppers to your dishes to add some pungent flavor as well.
- Water: Dehydration may lead to you to feel sluggish the entire day; thus it is necessary to drink cold water as the body burns calories while warming the water.
- Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee is known to stimulate your metabolism.
- Beans: Beans are known to contain good amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber in the beans help in promoting satiety and restricts your food cravings. They are also rich in iron, a macronutrient that helps in improving metabolism.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C that help combat free radical damage in the body. They also contain fiber that promotes healthy digestion.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a good source of magnesium that helps to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It is also known to stimulate various hormones in the body that burn fat.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It also boosts acid production in the stomach, thus promoting healthy digestion and contributing to an increased metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb that has certain properties which help in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body, thus increasing your overall calorie burn and kick starting your metabolism.
The tailbone (coccyx) is the small bone at the lower end of the spine. A tailbone injury may involve stretched ligaments, bruising, or a broken bone (fracture). Tailbone injuries can be painful, and some may take a long time to heal.
This condition is often caused by falling and landing on the tailbone. Other causes include:
- Repeated strain or friction from actions such as rowing and bicycling.
In some cases, the cause may not be known.
This condition is more common in women than in men.
Symptoms of this condition include:
- Pain in the lower back, especially when sitting.
- Pain or difficulty when standing up from a sitting position.
- Bruising in the tailbone area.
- Painful bowel movements.
- In women, pain during intercourse.
This condition may be diagnosed based on your symptoms and a physical exam. X-rays may be taken if a fracture is suspected. You may also have other tests, such as a CT scan or MRI.
- This condition may be treated with medicines to help relieve your pain. Most tailbone injuries heal on their own in 4–6 weeks. However, recovery time may be longer if the injury involves a fracture.
- Local injection To treat the pain of coccydynia, the patient is placed in the prone position. When the needle is satisfactorily positioned at or near sacrococcygeal junction , a small dose of steroid and local anesthetic is given.The needle is then removed, and a sterile pressure dressing and ice pack are placed at the injection site.
- Ganglion impar block may be used in patients who fail to respond to NSAIDS or local injection.
Description: latin name of sharavari is asparagus racemosus. Ayurveda has designated shatavari as queen of herbs. It is for most herb recommended for female health. In sanskrit, shatavari means' she who posses hundred husbands' implies its ability to support fertility and vitality. Shatavari is mentioned as one of the six important 'rasayans' in ayurveda 'rasayans' are the plants which improves general well being of a person by increasing cellular vitality or resistance.
1: _it supports reproductive ability by toning and nourishing female reproductive organ.
2:- it also helps in maintaining female hormonal balance.
3:-it is helpful in treating pms symptoms.
4:- it supports normal production of breast milk for nursing mother.
5:-it provides relief in menopausal symptoms like hot flushes.
6:- it also help in maintaining normal immune and digestive system.
7:- it also increases libido.
8:- it can be used for premature ejaculation problem in males in combination with ashwagandha and safed musli.
I am Now 1.5 month pregnant doctor advised me to take progesterone susten vt 200, but when I take it I feel very itchiness, uncomfort and white particle discharge can I stop it or not. Is it safe to stop?
Over time, we have caused tremendous harm to our immune system. Day in and day out, we have potentially risked our lives by being so casual with our health choices. But still, is it possible to leverage some of this burden and thus make our immune system stronger? What if we incorporate some healthy habits into our daily regime? What if we improvise on our diet? Take certain additional vitamin supplements perhaps? Make other lifestyle changes in the hope of achieving a near-perfect immune system?
What exactly is the Immune System?
The immune system in layman language can be considered as a protective cover of the human health system. We are surrounded by millions of pathogens (disease causing germs) that have the ability to enter into the body and cause damage to it. Here comes in the importance of the immune system, the body’s natural shield against these pathogens.
How can you boost your Immunity?
You definitely cannot evade all the pathogens and get a top-notch, impeccable immune system, but you can at least try and listen to what your body has to say, and take steps accordingly.
The first and foremost protective measure can be to follow certain general good-health guidelines.
Do not smoke. There can be no compromise on this issue. Smoking or consuming tobacco in any form brings about a host of health complications; the most pronounced of them all is probably cancer. Smoking, in more ways than one, can spell real trouble for your immune system. So better cut down on your puffs or gear up to face the various medical banes of smoking.
Eat a diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low in saturated fat. Some examples may include citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables such as spinach or lettuce, yoghurt, almonds, lean meat. Sipping on green tea thrice a day is a wise choice in this regard. These measures not only strengthen the immune system but also enhance the Immune System.
Drink plenty of water. Water keeps the body hydrated, the ultimate prerequisite for a strong immune system. It helps to flush out all the toxins and ensures that the cells get the optimum levels of oxygen. Drinking a glass of lukewarm water mixed with honey and lemon on an empty stomach after getting up in the morning can prove to be one of the best health choices that you can make for your body.
If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation. Excessive alcohol consumption causes dehydration and it can deprive your body of the valuable immunity boosting nutrients. It also impairs the body’s ability to fight off germs and infections.
Get adequate sleep. One reason behind stressing on the need to get adequate sleep is because it’s so closely linked to the immune system. While you sleep, the body secretes certain hormones and substances which help better fight infections and diseases. This makes these hormones so vital and indispensable at the same time. So now you know what wonders can those 8 hours of sleep do to you.
Exercise Regularly. If you're looking for a safe and smart way to boost your immunity, regular exercise is the answer to it. But we are not talking about being an ardent, hard-core gym-junkie; rather exercising in moderate amounts would suffice. Cardiovascular exercises such as walking or swimming, performed 30-45 minutes a day, can prove to be very beneficial.
Including good hygiene habits in your daily routine, such as washing your hands properly, bathing and brushing your teeth daily, etc. can be useful as well. Good sanitary habits can be the most basic way to ward off infections at the germination stage. Keep a hand sanitizer with you all the time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.