Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RabiaYour feedback matters!
I am 31 yrs old and 7 months back given birth to my baby through cesarean. 20 days back first time since my delivery I met with my husband. That was the time where my periods has to come but they haven't came till now. But my husband strongly confirms that he hasn't released the semen inside my vagina. After that intercourse, for five days I have observed the secretions of white discharge and stopped. But my periods haven't come till now. I just worrying that will I get the pregnancy again! for which we are not at all ready at this moment. Kindly clarify this doubt.
Doctor, I either have delayed periods or prolonged periods. I have PCOD. Is that causing this irregularity? Please help and suggest something to recover from it.
If an couple had sex on 22 day of period of her cycle n she took ipill with in, 3 hours. Is there chance of pregnancy?
My mother ,50 years old has been detected with Vit D deficiency recently. Does this deficiency have any effect on the menstrual cycle?
I am 26 year old and married I am suffering from PCOD and had treatment for more than 1 year. It was suggested to do daily exercise, I did it. Last time I had menses on 11th Feb, inspite of doing daily exercise I am not able to get MC on time. It is a highly tensed situation for me. Please suggest me what to do in this situation.
Hi sir mere sadi 5 mahine ho gaye hai me ab bacha chahta hu mere ko koi jankari nahi hai me kya karo please help me.
I got pregnant. I can't afford to get pregnant. Doctors say it's 5 weeks. But before three weeks when I got it checked through urine the result was negative. I don't know what to do. Doctors are suggesting abortion pills. But I'm scared of the side effects. I'm also anemic. Please help. July 15th was my last period. July 29th I got it checked and the result came negative. August 20th I got it checked on that home device and I saw two pink lines! Please help me!
Hello Doc, i'm 25 years old 38+ weeks preg. With breech baby. My uterus is nt open enough nd baby is high. Baby's weight is 3.2 kg. My bp & sugar level is normal nd due date is 24 dec. My gyno. Suggested me don't wait for due date go with c-session nxt week. please suggest what to do?
I am in the 8th month of my pregnancy. My ultrasound is normal but I have stomach pains very often. Is it normal?
The pressure of blood vessels in the body is referred to as blood pressure. It is essentially the measure of the force of the blood while it travels through the vessels. Doctors measure it with a blood pressure device and a stethoscope. A reading higher than the normal reading is termed as which blood pressure.
Blood pressure during pregnancy is of 3 types:
- Chronic hypertension: This is the kind of hypertension that could be pre-existent before the pregnancy or has developed after 5th month of pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This is the type of hypertension, which stays till late pregnancy and disappears suddenly. There are no particular symptoms about it.
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH): This condition is also known as preeclampsia or toxemia. It can cause serious potential harm if medical care is not taken on time. Both the mother and the baby gets affected if not treatment is not started on time. It typically affects a woman during the 20th week of pregnancy. Some other symptoms include excess protein in the blood and the urine.
The risk of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH can have serious consequences on the baby and the mother at large. The placenta fails to carry an adequate amount of protein in urine. This can result in several complications ranging from a low body weight of the fetus to other birth related complications. Once common complications where a baby suffers is known as eclampsia. This is a condition where both the baby and the mother suffer from seizures.
Symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertension:
There are various symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertensions. Some of the visible signs of this condition are vomiting blood, faster heartbeat, acute headaches, swelling of the hands and feet, less than normal urine, nausea, persistent fever, pain in the tummy, dizziness, frequent vomiting, drowsiness and blurred vision. Other symptoms are headache, excess weight gain, edema over feet, abdominal wall and other parts of body. If a woman is facing any one or more of the above symptoms, she should make it a point to visit a doctor at the earliest.
Risk factors of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH is frequently observed in those women whose sisters or mothers have faced the same during their pregnancies. The risk factors increase in those women who are carrying more than one baby. A woman who have not attended adulthood or who are above the age of 40 also runs the risk of suffering from pregnancy induced hypertension.
Diagnosis and treatment:
There is no single test that could identify PIH. Along with the usual symptoms, a doctor looks for persistent high blood pressure for any indication. A doctor might prescribe few blood tests to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment that works for this condition is to ensure that the baby is delivered at the earliest. If it’s the condition is detected few weeks before the delivery, a doctor let the condition be as it is, if however, the condition is diagnosed several months before the pregnancy, a doctor can have the baby delivered early in order to ensure the sound health of the baby and the mother. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am suffering from an unknown disease since 4to 5 months I had a medical check-up from more than 5 to 6 doctors including neuro surgeon and general physician after several blood tests city scans they said I have no disease only kamjori and blackness of blood. Well the symptoms which I am suffering is periodically I get in sleep and in this sleep my teeth are not movable they got fixed I am able to hear all the sounds from my surroundings but not able to open my eyes and not ablw to speak these sleep happens normally 1-2 times a day at the starting for approx half an hour but gradually time period extends now to 7-8 hours the time period isn't fixed sometime I awake after 2 hours sometimes it get 4to 5 hoursvand in the worse condition it reaches 7 to 8 hours. One thing I want to mention here that in the sleep my mouth periodically release a vast amount of liquid I don't know whether it is saliva it looks like detergent boubles please guide me from what disease I am suffering. I takes several medicines and health tonics also given by several doctors the only one thing all doctor did is whenever I am in sleep condition they gave me glucose in body.
I am a 33 year old woman with a 3 and half year old daughter, I have my last period on 1st june2015, now the scheduled date is over. Pregnancy report is negative, this delay often occurs by 2/3 days, this time it is much delayed. Please suggest me immediate medicines.
Did you know that regular sex intensifies your immunity power from various allergens and viruses, relieves you from daily stress and anxiety, and even aids in protecting the health of a man's prostate gland by pouring out the fluids within it. Regular intercourse also helps in releasing of chemicals, which improve mood as well as ease pain. May be no one told this to you, and so you have never known it. But every person can and must have intercourse until the old age! Though menopause in older women does influence the sexual drive, there is no reason why a healthy man or a woman cannot savour sexual pleasure at any point in life. Yes, the intensity and nature of the intercourse may change, but the pleasure and love will never be less.
In case your sex drive has reduced, you have plenty of reasons to bounce it back and spice up your life with a few easy tips:
- Have regular sex: This is the foremost thing that you must keep in mind. It will aid in keeping your sex drive in top gear by spiking up testosterone production, which is the hormone primarily in charge of libido in both men and women.
- Try to get rid of smoking: In case you are a chain smoker, it is advised that you pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a nicotine patch. If you ask why, it is because there is scientific evidence that smoking can clog the blood vessels in the male genitals, the way it blocks the arteries of the heart.
- Make a list of all the medicines you administer: Did you know that over 200 medicines may cause erectile dysfunction and other sexual troubles like reduced sex drive? This list includes regular medications like those used to treat high blood sugar, blood pressure, heart problems, depression and even stomach problems. So make a list of all your medicines and consult your physician to know if any of them are causing a reduction in your sexual drive. Of course, you will not be able to stop taking the medicine your body needs, but at least you can ask your doctor to change the brand or composition or dose of the medication.
- For women: Practice kegel workout: In case you have forgotten what kegel exercise is, then these are the squeezing workouts that your physician asked you to practice regularly because you faced some trouble with leaking urine. May be you are not aware that these exercises are very good for strengthening your pubococcygeus muscles, which are needed for orgasm. So practice them every day for twenty minutes.
There are many other ways to improve your sex life, and it varies from individual to individual. While consuming pesto and supplements of ginkgo biloba are great for men, there are various forms of lovemaking; be it staring at your partner or touching him or her sensuously. You must consult a sexologist to know about better ways of enhancing your conjugal life.