Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. R. SucharithaYour feedback matters!
Am a 27 years old male suffering from redness in my eyes with little pain and blurred vision for the last three years. It stays for 2-3 days and recurred within 15 days or a month. The doctor gave me two eye drops - Winolap and Tearplus. After using prescribed eye drops, I got relief but it recurred within a month. Working on computer, watching TV makes the problem worse. I consulted another doctor who recommended Lotepred eye drop and Lacryl eye gel. Why am I suffering from persistent redness in the eyes?
Dear Doctor, I have the symptom of cataract. When I have to operate. What is the time of surgery. How to know the time Balachandran.
I am not sleeping till at late night from so many days. So my eyes were went in deep .is there any way to take it to normal stage.
I am 23 years old. I have very weak eye sight of -4. How could I gain the normal eye sight without operation or lens. Should I have a normal eyesight by taking drops or pills? Pls suggest me. Thanks in advance.
My age is 36 years old and not married. I am using minoxidil 5% for last 8 months. Earlier it showed significant effect and hair fall stopped and saw few hair growth, but for last 2 months, suddenly more hair fall and hair fall even from roots now. Not seeing any positive effect. So what I should do? Should I stop this minoxidil 5% permanently? Because I do not want to loss more hairs. My middle scalp is showing as bald. Please suggest. If any good solution apart from this, without any single medicines with full head of hair permanently. Please suggest.
I have problem in my eyes from last three days that my eye lips is fully red and small pain in their. What is the problem? If any whether problem.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
Problems related to the eyes and vision have a very gradual onset. The only way to be certain of the condition of your eyes is with a comprehensive eye examination. An eye exam can tell you if something is wrong before you begin to feel any pain or experience redness, strain etc and can thus help you treat the problem in its earliest stages.
One of the most common reasons to schedule an eye examination is vision difficulty. Along with refractive errors such as near sightedness and far sightedness, here are a few other conditions that can be diagnosed through an eye exam.
This is condition where the eyes are misaligned or where one eye has a significantly higher refractive error than the other. Left untreated, this can result in permanent vision loss in the affected eye and worsen the refractive error in the other eye as well.
This condition is also known as crossed eyes. In such a case, both eyes look in different direction and do not focus on the same thing. It is caused by poor muscle control over the eyes and can lead to problems focusing on something and with the perception of depth and distance.
3. Eye diseases
Most diseases of the eye such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy have negligible symptoms in their early stages. The only way to correctly diagnose these is by taking a look at the inside of the eye which can be done only by a complete eye exam.
If you see floaters in your line of vision or flashes of light, scheduling an eye exam is essential. This can help diagnose problems such as retinal detachment or tears in the retina.
4. Other diseases
The eyes are commonly affected by health conditions such a high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes etc. In some cases, a detailed eye checkup can diagnose these problems even before you know you are suffering from them.
5. Age related conditions
With age, the muscles of the eye deteriorate as well. In many cases, this leads to difficulty reading and night blindness. Cataracts are also common eye problems that affect many elderly people. If diagnosed early enough most of these conditions can be treated but if left unattended they may lead to vision loss.
An eye exam should be scheduled once every alternate year. This is especially in the case of people over the age of 40 and in children up to the age of 18. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have my eyes problem and cold problem so what I can do for this its vry irritating for me I have take very medicine but not work so please tell me which medicine I take for this.
For last few days I am having problem in my eye. In right eye upper eye-lid is swollen and getting pain regular and while touching. Getting problem while eyelid gets down.
Do not rub the eyes
Placement of eye shields or bandages.
Do not apply medication yourself .
Do not wash or attempt to remove any object
stuck in the eyes.
In chemical burn -- flush with clean water.
Blow to the eyes- apply cold com
Any dirt ? do not rub flush with clean water.
TO CONSULT NEAREST EYE DOCTOR URGENTLY.
I am suffering from headache. My eye number is 2.75 cross. So please give me treatment for headache. I am use glass regularly. But not cure headache.
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time. The optic nerve is a bundle of millions of nerve fibres which carry visual impulse from the retina at the back of eye to the brain. The increased Eye pressure, called intraocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve and fasten the natural nerve fibre loss. Since nerve cells can't regenerate this damage is permanent and irreversible.
Without treatment, glaucoma can cause total permanent blindness within a few years. Because most people with glaucoma have no early symptoms or pain from this increased pressure, it is important to see your eye doctor regularly so that glaucoma can be diagnosed early and treated before significant functional visual loss occurs.
If you are over age 40 and have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have any risk factors, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
What Are the Symptoms of Glaucoma?
For most people, there are usually few or no symptoms of glaucoma. The first sign of glaucoma is often the loss of peripheral or side vision, which can go unnoticed until late in the disease. This is why glaucoma is often called the "Sneak Thief of Vision" or "Silent Thief of Eye Sight".
If you have any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical care:
- Seeing halos around lights
- Vision loss
- Redness in the eye
- Eye that looks hazy (particularly in infants)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
There are several risk factors, which may lead to glaucoma, such as
- Age of the individual
- Ethnicity- African, Caribbean, Hispanics and Asians are at higher risk
- Increased eye pressure or IOP History of glaucoma in family or relatives
- Presence of Myopia or Hyperopia
- Previous eye injuries
- Use of steroids- as injections, tablets, eye or ear drops or ointments or protein supplements for muscle building in gyms or inhalers
- Previous history of anemia
- Individuals conditions affecting blood flow like hypertension, diabetes or high blood sugar, migraine etc are also at risk.
The treatment for glaucoma relies on the nature and seriousness of every case. Generally, glaucoma cannot be totally cured, but it can be controlled. Eye drops, pills, laser strategies, and means of surgery are utilized to maintain and prevent further harm from happening. Talk to your eye doctor to find out if you are at risk of developing glaucoma.