Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. R. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
Hi there, I have been having trouble breathing for a quite a no. Of years started when I was in +2. Shown to some doctors everyone has ruled out asthma. But I am having trouble with allergies and now I hear whistles when I breathe and I f I take stairs I struggle to breathe. Now you am not able to sleep at nights because of the breath problem which is just affecting my daily routine. What should I do should I be visiting doctors of some sort of specialty relating to chest.
What Causes Winter Skin?
Itchy dry skin is a very common during the cold winter months when we tend to take long hot showers and wear clothes more prone to cause irritation. When skin becomes dehydrated and irritated, it loses its flexibility and begins to crack and itch.
Winter Skin Care?
For some people winter can change everything about the look and feel of their skin while for others nothing might change. A little effort and care can be the difference that your skin needs to show you its better, healthier side.
Here are five ways to care for your skin during the winter months:
Protect your skin
The most common skin care myth is that you can’t get sunburned during the winter months. Sunlight is always sunlight, regardless of the season. Wear sunscreen no matter how cold or warm it is, since sunlight is always there and sun-damaged skin has minimal ability to function normally. The damage can lead to a host of other problems that may keep your skin from looking its best.
Use a well-formulated moisturiser. It should contain ingredients that help keep the water in the skin. Keep in mind that a lotion or a cream is best for dry skin, which is especially common in winter months. Apply a moisturiser after showering or bathing, since skin is more vulnerable after it is clean. The sooner you moisturise, the better.
Indoor heat saps moisture from the room and pulls natural water from your skin. The cause of most weather-related dry skin is low humidity. Humidifiers are relatively inexpensive, last a long time and can keep your skin breathing during the night. Even placing a bowl filled with lukewarm water on top of the radiator can help add moisture into the air.
Take care of your hands
Cracked and painful skin on the hands can be a big nuisance. To prevent your hands from drying out in the cold air, apply moisturiser after hand washing or at least several times throughout the day. Keeping a bottle of lotion in your desk at work can help you to remember to care of your hands. Don’t forget that your nails can become dry just like the skin, so make sure to moisturise every part of your hands.
Protect your lips
Your lips are often the first to surrender to cold winter air. Apply a lip moisturiser as often as you can. Avoid products with menthol or phenol that can irritate the skin. Choose the most emollient balm you can find to keep your lips protected.
As winter rolls in we need to take extra care of our skin to keep it hydrated and protected. There’s no need to surrender to the harsh weather and there are a number of ways to carry your skin towards a gentler summer. Remember that caring for your skin is an investment that can pay off in the long run.
I am 20 yr old, male, for last 5 month cough still present and it be danger after sleep, what should I do?
Sir/madom, 1 year back I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and few days back I had unprotected sex with another married girl , In next 2 days i have sore like allergy on my penis , she dont have children's , because his husband has less sperm count in his semen , and Today I test HIV its shown Negative result . But I'm feared about this , that may cause HIV and fell in depression . Does it causes HIV ? can i marriage a new girl?
My wife is a school teacher. She is suffering from typhoid. We came to know last week after the blood test. Doctor has given vaccine and said that three years it will work. Suggest me the proper diet and how long it will take to cure. She is taking typhoid antibiotic tablets.
Sir mujhe bhut general wikness h.face bhut khraab ho chuka h full body waiste h.face pr koi nikhaar nhi h bidy me bhut kmjori h.nightfall ho rha h krib 9 mahine se daily. Sir help me mujhe pehle jesa hona h jesa me pehle th so please btay ye kya problem h or kese theek hogi beauty harmones kese bhdenge.
My friend is 23 years old and every time he go to washroom there is blood in his stool please tell me what is the reason behind it? Is anything serious?
I am having stomach problem all the time sometimes I feel luke vomiting I am not keeping my diet properly please tell me what to eat in breakfast ,lunch and dinner to get a proper diet I am a student and I stay in a pg I do not have time to cook so many things pleased help.
I had heart attack one year back. I fixed one stent. Now I have pain in my chest. But blood result are found to be normal. What is the reason for that.
I had 102 fever on Sunday. I went to hospital . My bp also was dropped to 90-50 . Now my temperature and bp is normal. But can't bear the body pain espcly joints pain. Can't walk or sit properly. Especially back pain is severe. My vitamin d was 3.57ng. I did all dengue Ra tests which was normal.
There is a widespread debate about the healthiness and nutritional value of non-vegetarian food. While the advocates of both the segments cheer their own cuisines, science has a completely different standpoint. Some of the common apprehensions of consuming non-vegetarian dishes include the occurrence of deadly diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity,, high blood pressure, renal diseases to name a few. This being said, there is no concrete evidence of any co-relation between non-vegetarian food and complicated diseases. As a matter of fact, non-vegetarian diet has numerous nutritional benefits.
- High source of nutrition: Non-vegetarian dishes, such as meat has high protein content and is enriched with vital amino acids. While protein is the building block of the body, amino acids ensure that the body is safeguarded from common ailments and strengthen the immune system.
- Rich iron content: Iron is a key component of the hemoglobin and the human body requires it in adequate quantities for normal functioning of the system. Red meat, soup and bone marrow, for instance, is a rich source of iron. It helps the body to safeguard itself against critical diseases such as anemia.
- The vital creatinine: Meat contains a vital component called creatinine that helps the body to build muscle. A study (Brown, 2008) revealed that most vegetarian infants portray stalled growth due to creatinine deficiency.
- Good source of B12: Vitamin B12 is an important constituent that the body requires for normal functioning. Lack of this vitamin causes Macrocytic Anemia. Infant of a vegetarian mother is often witnessed to be suffering from Anemia due to lack of B12.
- Easy phosphorus availability: Vegetarian dishes contain phytic acid which needs to be converted to phosphorus by complex chemical reactions. In sharp contrast, non-vegetarian meals have ready to absorb phosphorous content.
- Vitamin A and calcium availability: Fish has vitamin A that accounts for human intelligence and formation of memory. It also helps the body with calcium content for stronger teeth and bone formation. While calcium is available in vegetarian diets, the concentration of calcium is way more in fish and other non-vegetarian sources.
- Other mineral constituents: Non vegetarian diet contains some key minerals such as zinc, riboflavin, amino acid, lysine etc. These minerals are required by the body in adequate portions in order to avoid energy deficiencies. Some fishes contain a critical component called omega 3 acids which is required by the body for sound mental and physical health.
Non-vegetarian dishes, therefore, are definitely healthy and are consumed by millions of people across the world. While there are many advantages of non-veg food, too much consumption of red meat might lead to complicated diseases. It is, therefore, essential to maintain a balanced diet for the body to function well.