Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R. ShankarYour feedback matters!
We all have different skin types. While some have dry skin, others have oily. So if you have oily skin, then here are 5 tips to keep in mind, to keep your skin oil free. Oily skin is usually a constant problem in every season since even after washing the face properly it becomes very oily after some time. And, if some cosmetic is applied, then also it makes no difference, the skin remains as oily as ever. Now dermatologists offer various solutions to this problem. Even though you might come across home remedies like the sugar and lime scrub or yogurt, turmeric paste, it is always better to seek professional help for oily skin.
There are mainly 5 skin types:
- Oily: This skin type has too much oil, which can be seen on the face even after cleaning it.
- Dry: The dry skin lacks essential moisture and looks very dry.
- Normal: The normal type of skin is neither dry, nor too oily and not too sensitive also.
- Sensitive: Sensitive type skin is very sensitive and is easily affected by weather changes or any other factor.
- Combination skin: Combination skin is, in which some parts of facial skin are dry and others are oily. Use non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics.
Here we are going to deal with the oily skin type and its treatment. Oily skin appears to be greasy and teenagers often face the problem of oily skin during their puberty. Oily skin can also be caused due to heredity, diet, hormone levels, cosmetics usage and humid or hot weather. According to dermatologists, diet plays an important role behind oily skin. Consuming oily or fried food or having too much oil in your diet can be the reason behind your oily skin. Weather can also make your skin oily. Humidity especially causes the oil to come out of the pores and give your face a greasy look.
Tips to treat oily skin:
- Use a gentle face wash or cleanser and reduce the use of toner: Use a gentle face wash to wash your face at least twice a day to reduce the oil levels. Also reduce the use of toner, and if you use toner then try using an alcohol free one.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Keeping yourself hydrated is very important as the face starts releasing oils if the skin is not hydrated properly.
- Try the home remedies carefully: You might not know the exact concentration of lemon in a sugar lemon scrub, as excess of lemon can cause allergic reactions. So apply home remedies with discretion.
- Use the cosmetics according to your skin type: Cosmetics are very important for a woman and if your skin is oily, it's better to choose non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics
- Consult a dermatologist for quick solution: We all know that a doctor knows the best cures to all our ailments, so try consulting your dermatologist for a quick solution to your problem of oily skin.
Related Tip: "Oily Skin and Summers: What Is the Ideal Way to Handle It?"
So I got a few scratch marks on my hand during a judo fight. What's the right treatment laser, derma roller?
Hello sir, I am getting pimples on my face, and blackheads. What can I do for clean it? Please help me.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.