Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. R S VenkateshuluYour feedback matters!
Hello sir Last some years my moms feet having cracks And its very painful We trying lots of medicine and Dr. BT its not complete cure after dome times its showing She has Parkinson's also So giving me details about condition.
My father age 74, had right side head injury in road accident 3 months back. Presently left hand is partially not working. Ct scan report shows slight bleeding. Can this be cured by medication or surgery is required. Please guide me.
How can sleep well I'm always have insomnia what can I do? I'm so very slim, I'm 21 years old. I am female.
I am 25 years old. My symptoms are heaviness in head, headache, trembling, palpitation, deep breathing, incontinence of urine, nervousness, restlessness, pressure in eye, problem seeing in sun light, forgetfulness, dry lips etc. Please help me.
Drink plenty of water
Some exercise or yoga
My daughter aged 34 yrs, mother of a son has been suffering from JO-1 syndrome ever since delivery of the child age 4.5 yrs. Your advice please. 2. My brother age 42 years suffering from EPILEPSY FOR LAST 20 YRS now on regular medicine yet not being controlled. Your advice please.
Hello sir, My uncle has met with brain stroke 3 years back. As of now he is gud but his left hand is just like we keep the hand when fractured and his fingers are closed just we close our fingers. Nerves are clumsy and are not free to move. His ring finger makes all fingers to be close. His fist is always closed due to tight fix of nerves. Is there any injection to free up nerves so that he can easily open and close his hands.
She was in paralysis condition since seven month. Improve very slowly what I give her to eat for her fast recovery?
My father gone laminectomy 2 months ago. He also having depression due to his neuro illness. His full leg jerk sometimes in a week or some times after 2 days. When he give attention to movement of leg, that movement increases. And if I make his mind divert from it, like in serious talking, that movement decreases or gradually stops. Like this somewhere connected to mind. I don't know what it is. But it irritates dad. Please help, which doctor to see, neuro or psychiatrist. What it can be?
M suffering from migraine everyday I feel like dyiñg cause of pain I need a advice what should I do for relief.
I am 53 yrs old. I have foot drop problem on left side numbness, tingling. My MRI Report shows that there is depression on L-5, S1, pain is there on Lower Back.
I have high migraine problems. Tried consulting many doctors but of no use. I cant avoid tension due to which it increases. Please provide me with good suggestions fir the same. Thank you.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.