Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R. RavindraYour feedback matters!
My father has recently got tested that he is diabetic, every day he gets severe pain in legs and feet joints ,pls suggest remedies.
Hello sir / mam He has knee pain when the weather is become to cold his knee paining is start and also when he open and close knee has arising vice. And also some time his foot in back side become to cold and also in his leg up to knee back side feel to not good blood flow. Please help me and recommendation to same medicine Thanks.
Mere right hand mai bhaut hi jyada pain rehta hai Har waqt or bich bich mai full v jata hai jiske Karan mujhe bht pareshani ho rhi hai.
I am mother of two kids. I am loosing weight. Presently I am 40 kg. Want to increase some weight. Need help. Nowadays I get tired soon. I had backache. Legs start paining.
My mother has been suffering from joint pain since many years. Sometimes her ankle, elbow, knee joints swell and she feels the pain. Please suggest what should she eat and avoid. Her age is appx. 45 yrs. Please let me know if you need any other details.
Hello sir/mam. My question is for my mom she is 48 years old and her weight is 65 kg. Actually nowadays she is having a lot of pain in her left hand which is increasing day by day. She is high bp patient also. Please suggest me something for her.
Hi am 22 weeks pregnant. My doctor advised me to sleep only left side but I can not sleep long time only left side my body starts paining. Can I sleep straight and right side also.
I have back pain since last two years the pain is came when I carry weight or luggage any weight age item. Please tell me how to cure my pain immediately.
I hv tingling sensation stretch in legs due to medicine r cinex taken when I had TB 3 years back. TB cured. Hav taken many vitamins but no result. Can it be sciatica. I hv referred some top spine specialists and my MRI of spine is absolutely normal. Pls reply.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.