Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R Ram RaoYour feedback matters!
Excessive or unwanted hair that grows on woman's face, chest , Arms are usually coarse and dark and this condition is called as 'hirsuitism'.
Normal hair on the female face are fine and light coloured. The presence of excess body hair is embarrassing.
Here are top causes of unwanted facial hair in women:
1. Genetic or hereditary:
Some ladies are prone to have more than usual facial hair growth if it runs in your family. And best solution for this is to go for LASER HAIR REDUCTION.
2. Hormonal imbalance:
One of the most common reason these days is PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome). PCOS causes excess body hair, also woman can get other problems like weight gain, irregular periods , acne.
Few medicines can cause excessive hair growth on face . So, be careful...common medicines to cause this problem are- steroids, minoxidil, testosterone, cyclosporine.
So, If you are having excess facial or body hair, better to see your doctor earliest.
I am 29 years old, my hairs turned grey a lot and dandruff is also big worry for me. My scalp is dry but skin is Little oily.
I have dark pigmentation on my forehead and below both eyes which gets cleared when I use melalite but reapper again. Please advise.
Can you suggest me some fairness tips or fairness cream to become fair I am male 22 years having oily skin.
Hello doctor my son is going to swimming now a days. He was fair, but his color is tanning day by day. He apply sunscreen lotion before going into pool. What we do to get his color fair again. Help.
The condition which occurs on exposure to foreign substances and causes the skin to become red, itchy and inflamed is known as contact dermatitis. It is commonly known as a rash. Although most of the reactions to contact dermatitis are not serious, they can be very irritating till the itching subsides. The causes of contact dermatitis are usually case specific; they vary according to the different types of this disease.
The types of contact dermatitis are:
- Allergic contact dermatitis: This condition occurs when an allergic reaction is developed after exposure to foreign substances. The reaction occurs with a release of inflammatory chemicals that causes the skin to become irritated and itchy. If a person has eczema, he or she can suffer from this kind of rash. Causes of allergic contact dermatitis include:
- Latex gloves
- Poison Oak
- Jewellery (gold or nickel)
- Perfumes and chemicals in skincare and cosmetic products
- Irritant contact dermatitis: Contact between the skin and a toxic material causes Irritant contact dermatitis. They can be sub divided into two categories, namely chemical irritants and physical irritants. Some of the toxic substances that cause this condition include battery acid, drain cleaners, detergents, kerosene, pepper spray and bleach. The physical causes of Irritant contact dermatitis include low humidity from air conditioning, a variety of plants and so on so forth. The condition tends to become more painful, rather than itchy.
- Photo-contact dermatitis: This is a very uncommon type of contact dermatitis which is caused due to the exposure of some active ingredients in sunscreen to sunlight. When sunlight is not present, the sensitive chemicals in the substances are not harmful.
Symptoms of contact dermatitis depend upon the causes of this condition. The symptoms of allergic contact dermatitis are:
- Dry or oozing blisters
- Dry, flaky and scaly skin
- Redness of the skin
- Extreme itching
- Burning of the skin with or without sores
- Leathery or dark appearance of the skin
- Swelling, particularly on the face, in your eyes or groin regions
Symptoms of Irritant Contact dermatitis can be slightly different. They include:
My face is becoming so oily. I have wheatish skin. How do I reduce oiliness and improve fairness for a glowing skin?
I have skin problems on my right hand fingers thats etching me for more than a year's and my fingers back skin comes out like a dandruff so please give me some solution for this.
I have pain in my anus with swelling and its comes once in year and I took antibiotic as it was advised by physician and he said me that its Anorectal Abcess. Its resolve by medicine but comes once in a year since last four year. So what should I do. Should I go for any investigation.
My face tone is darker than my body tone and because of it I can't shave as it leads to different tone on lower half of my face.
After my sleep my eyes are becoming very red in colour and I had a peculiar skin writing problem i. E when I am scratching the skin becomes very red and swollen. Please give me immediate remedy.
My skin is oily so I want my skin oil free nd shine and glow. So please tell me the home made remedy to oil free skin and glow skin.
Ive noticed a small bump like on my breast right under my nipple and its hard and hurts when I press it, I read that it could be a cyst but im not sure but its really worrying me, could it be something more?
Best way to get a clear and fair skin for men. Suggest some face mask. Which does not inhibit facial hair growth, as men we also need beard.
I am having itching in groin. I applied "clotrimazole" ointment. There is some relief but not total elimination of itching. Please suggest course of treatment.
I was born fair and as we grow up our skin becomes dark but nowadays its getting much dark so can you please give me some opinions and what should I do to avoid it.
Summer often brings in a host of problems the scorching heat can sometimes burn and tan your skin. The humidity can cause you to sweat, making your skin accumulate grime, dirt and increase your chances of getting skin infections. Avoiding the sun by staying indoors or using an umbrella is a good option, but not always a practical possibility. According to Ayurveda, summer is the season when the sun is strong and increases heat in the body, which is one of the main causative factors of skin problems. So you not only need to beat the outside heat, but find a way to keep your body cool from the inside heat too. Some of the common problems in summer include sunburn, redness, irritation, rashes and acne outbreaks. Here are some ways Ayurveda can help:
Start by knowing your skin type in ayurveda:
- Vata skin: This is characterized by dry, thin, delicate skin that is cool to touch and easily gets dehydrated. It can be flaky and has a tendency to age faster.
- Pita skin: This is characterized by skin that is fair, sensitive, soft and warm. It is prone to freckles and moles and can break into rashes, acne or sunspots when out of balance.
- Kapha skin: It tends to have all the qualities of water and earth, it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. On the flip side, people with kapha skin may have dull complexion, excessive oil, pimples and suffer from water retention.
- Combination types: Can include Vata-Pitta (both dry and sensitive) Kapha-Pitta (oily and sensitive) and Vata-Kapha (dry with some oily zones).
Threapies like abhyangham, sheeta kashaya dhara, udwarthanam are very beneficial for vata-pitha & kapha predominant skin type. Abhyangham is medicated oil massage which helps to detoxify, nourish and revitalize the body tissues. Udwarthanam is special therapeutic deep tissue massage using herbal powders. This massage involves upward stroking, where the powder is rubbed forcibly on the body. The massage is done in the opposite direction to hair follicles. This pacifies the aggravated Kapha dosha, reduces the excess fat softens and exfoliates dead skin cells, thereby giving a lustrous glow to skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.