Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. Prabhakantham
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. R. PrabhakanthamYour feedback matters!
Im 20 years and im unable to sleep at night since last 2months and whenever arguments happen with me I can not sleep for 3 or 4 days. Can you tell me why is this happening?
My weight gain and weight loss is abrupt. I weighed 93kg in march and now I am 90. My height in 176cm. My bmi now is 29. Please suggest me tips managing my weight.
I have skin problems on face. So much pimples are there. Dark spots also there. I took so many costly treatments like pilling n all. But still it's not reduced.
My 9 month baby girl is only 6.3 kg wight. She was the same in 6th month. Afterthat there is wt gain. I am diabetic and feeding mothers feed. How could she gain weight.
I am suffering from urinary tract infection first time. My age is 19. I dint even know about tht earlier but when I was peeing it was paining like hell and etcetera whatever the symptoms are then I get to know that am suffering from UTI. I have never suffered from anything like this before so am very tensed about it that what to do next. Please help me out of it.
How to gain my Weight I want Gain my wight and I want to gym can I go to gym n wight to gain I want to 18 bycape can you please tell me.
I have a small lump in my left breast since 2 years. Also a serous discharge is coming out from nipple while pressing. No dimpling and pain. Is it a carcinoma or fibroadenoma? The amount of discharge is hardly one drop. Whether it s a carcinoma? Need a surgery?
Before one year my weight was 68 kgs, but now it increases to 84kgs. I want to lose my weight. My stomach has come out and it looks too bad. Please advice me what to do and what to eat and what not to eat.
Polycystic ovarian disease is a gynaecological disorder whose prevalence seems to have increased considerably among Indian women in last few years. Many young girls and middle-aged Indian women are suffering from this syndrome which is a marked by appearance of multiple cysts on ovaries and disturbances in monthly menstrual cycles.
The exact cause of PCOD remains unknown to the modern science even as the genetic link is being scrutinized for its causative role.
- Menstrual disorders
- Abnormal hair growth on face
- Hair fall from scalp
- Weight gain
- Insulin resistance
From Ayurvedic point of view, PCOD reflects vitiation of rasa and rakta dhatus. When levels of impurities and toxins increase in rasa and rakta dhatus, body stores them in form of cysts around ovaries. So presence of multiple cysts indicate high levels of impurities and toxins in these dhatus. Sign and symptoms in PCOD patients suggest imbalance of all three doshas. Dhatwagnimandya may also exist in some patients. History of improper diet and lifestyle is generally found among majority of PCOD patients. Excessive consumption of hormonal pills and contraceptive pills too is reported by many patients. Mental stress and lack of physical exercise are marked among quite a few ladies with PCOD. From Ayurvedic perspectives, all these things can produce toxins in body and cause diseases like PCOD.
DIET & LIFESTYLE :
- Low-fat milk is recommended. Boil milk before drinking. Drink it warm. This makes it easier to digest. Do not take milk with a full meal or with sour or salty foods. Add a pinch of turmeric or ginger to the milk before boiling it. This helps to reduce the kapha increasing qualities of the milk.
- Lighter fruits, such as apples, oranges, grape fruit, pineapple and papaya and pears, are recommended.
- Sweeteners: Honey is excellent for reducing kapha. Reduce the intake of sugar products, which increase kapha.
- Beans are recommended. Nuts should be avoided.
- Grains such as barley, chickpea and millet are recommended. Do not take too much wheat or rice, as they increase kapha.
- Spices are recommended only in moderate quantities.
- Vegetables such as potaotoes and sweet potatoes should be avoided as they can cause weight gain.
- Follow a lifestyle that will not aggravate any dosha.
- Negative feelings like stress and tension should be avoided. Do not undertake physical or mental work beyond your capacity.
- Limit the use of contraceptives.
- Follow an active lifestyle, yet the exercises should be according to one's capacity. Both, excessive fasting and overeating are harmful.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol and using narcotics aggravates menstrual disorders.