Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R NisargaYour feedback matters!
Hi my son is 1 month old and he vomit milk frequently after every mother feeding. Kindly give me solution sir.
Hi Doctor My daughter is 3 Months Old and since the past couple of weeks had issue with Nostril. There is no chest congestion however she faces issues with Breathing. We have been applying Nostril Drops and Stream but it is not providing much relief. Kindly suggest.
My aunt is of 49 years old, her ht is 5'3 and weight around 70. She wanted to know how to cure fibroid without operation? Her report: uterus is Anteverted bulky measuring 105x68x70 mm ET=4.4 mm EE complex is pushed back two hypothetical masses measuring 44x34 and 28x18 mm have seen in interior wall of upper part of uterus Another small hypothetical mass 19. 6x18.7 mm is also seen. She has heavy bleeding during periods and body aches daily What is exactly it means and cure?
These are some tips which can help students who keep study whole night and force them to keep them awake and don't like to study at day time
1) sleep during day
2) take some nervous stimulants at night (ex- tea, coffee) but avoid milk you may feel more sleepy
3) keep yourself busy in one or the other activity
Like mathematics statistics and any writing work
4) use your mobile phone to study (it contains blue lite which will prevent to fall asleep)
5) hang a rubber band over your wrist and give a small current by dragging it suddenly and dropping it this will activate your brain and prevent to go into sleep
6) keep a positive affirmation that you want to awake all night
I am 30 years old. I am having a baby of age 2 months old. I am breastfeeding her. But I am having a doubt that is my milk enough for my baby. How can I know that my milk is enough for my baby. Please suggest me the foods to be taken by me to increase breast milk.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The child is female of 10 years old, is thin and lean. She is not putting up weight and very little interest in educational activities. She is very dull and not interested in any outdoor activities. She has fever with cough frequently and also complaining of loose stools many times.
I and my wife ate food licked by a dog by accidentally. Do we need to get vaccination? Over the internet I read : "The rabies virus is present in the saliva of an infected animal and is usually transmitted by a bite. Rabies may also be transmitted if infectious material (such as saliva) of the infected animal enters a wound or mucous membrane such as the eyes, nose or mouth. Here it says that it may also get transmitted by infectious material (such as saliva), enters wound, eyes, nose or mouth, that's why I am a bit worried here.
Hi doctor. My 3.5 months old daughter catches fever every 25-30 days. And she has got little cough too. I give her P125 drops (8 drops 3 times a day) and for cough sinarest (10 drops 3 times a day and keflor (half spoon 3 times). What should I do? I am worried since she is too small.
My sisters child was too weak and not eating well whats the solution to increase the intake of food for the child.
While your baby is definitely adorable the way he or she is, a little grooming doesn’t really hurt! Yes, all babies are gorgeous, but they could definitely be pampered with a little upkeep when it comes to the skin, nail and hair department. The more you pay attention to how your infant looks and feels, the more comfortable and healthy they are the better it is.
- Shower care: A baby is at his/her natural best when allowed to splash around carelessly in the tub, but here are a few tips you can follow to make sure it all goes smooth and breezy:
- Keep it under 10 minutes: Try to keep your baby’s bath time to a limit of ten minutes, as too much water can dry out their delicate skin.
- Boats, not bubbles: While bubbles can look pretty, and babies love playing around in them, bubbles can also be drying on the baby’s skin. Swap them with bath toys instead, which are equally, if not more fun!
- Lotion up immediately afterward: The best time to lotion up your baby is immediately after his/her bath, as this seals the moisture inside the baby’s skin, making it more supple.
- Gum and tooth care
- Before the baby sprouts teeth: Make it a habit to wipe your baby’s gums daily, which will make them get used to a regular teeth cleaning habit. Don’t use toothpaste and toothbrush; a simple soft cloth is enough.
- After the baby sprouts teeth: You can now start using a toothbrush to softly clean your baby’s teeth. While toothpaste is not entirely necessary, you can use a negligible amount of it if you want.
- Nail care: Babies are almost always hyper active (well, unless they’re asleep), so you need to be careful while cutting their nails:
- While your baby is napping/immediately after a bath: Of course, the easiest time to trim your little one’s nails is when they’re asleep, but post bath, the nail cuticles soften, which makes it the best time to trim nails.
- Use a nail file: While filing does take a longer time than simply clipping, there’s a lesser chance of ending up accidentally bruising your baby’s skin.
- Don’t let your baby bite their nails: This is a bad habit that needs to be stopped right from infancy, so don’t let your baby make a habit of biting their nails.
- Hair care: Cutting your baby’s hair for the first time is a big event, and is as essential starting step to preparing your baby for further grooming:
- Be careful: Make sure your baby is sitting still when you are in the process of cutting their hair. You can have someone sit the baby on their lap while you go about doing your job.
- Don’t worry about the baby’s hair condition: It is completely natural for babies to have very thin hair or a lesser amount of hair; that is nothing to be worried about, it’s completely normal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My baby is 3.5 month old. His appetite is very less and his weight was 4.9 at 3 month, can I give him liv 52 to increase his appetite? He is not taking proper milk and he is on exclusive bf. I am already giving him calcium, vitamin D and iron drops. So please suggest.
What a mother should expect about baby's hair growth.?
Every baby is special in his own way. Some are bald beauties and some have heaps of hair. Hair density mostly depends upon the genetic makeup of the baby. In the initial six months of life, babies hair tend to fall. Some may become totally bald and may not show any growth for some time.This is completely normal. Most babies show new hair growth between 9 months to 12 months of life. Almost all babies have growth till their second birthday. The colour and texture of the hair may vary from that present at birth. Curly hair can be replaced by straight hair. And thick dense hair can be replaced by thinner and sparse hair.
How to wash my baby's hair?
With newborn babies, In the early days the best way to wipe their hair is with a sponge. Support your baby's shoulders and head, which again should be tilted slightly, and gently pat the wet and warm sponge over the hair until it is sufficiently clean.
After 4-5 weeks in young babies use a small amount of baby shampoo on your baby's hair. Softly rub in a circular motion, and then use a plastic cup or your hand to rinse off the shampoo.
Always be gentle whenever you message a tearless baby shampoo into your baby's scalp. A too-brisk scalp massage can force hair follicles and speed up hair loss or breakage.
How often should I wash my baby's hair?
You should never wash your baby's hair everyday. Particularly with the newborns, there's just no requirement. Once, twice or on need basis baby's hairs can be washed. Instead of washing it every day, gently wipe it with a sponge daily to remove any dirt and fresh your baby up.
Which shampoo should I use?
Always use tearless nourishing natural ingredients shampoos. During first month try to avoid shampoo. Tearless shampoo can even hurt, avoid spillage in eyes. Adult shampoos should be avoided as it contains chemicals that can be toxic to the baby.
Will shaving head improve my babies hair growth?
Shaving your baby's head does not improve the hair growth. The hair just looks healthier with the dried, scraggly ends removed
6 months baby girl swallowed 0.9cm diameter gold coin. What would happen and what should be further steps.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
In market there are two types of bala goli available. Kesariya bala goli Zandu bala goli Is it safe for 1.5 month baby? Can we give it our baby 1goli everyday?
What is suvarnaprashana?
The process in which swarna bhasma (ash of gold) with other herbal extracts taken in the form of semi liquid and given to the children through their mouth is called asswarnaprashana, suvarnaprashana, swarnamritha prashana or swarna bindu prashana.
It’s a unique method of immunization which helps the children to boost up the intellectual power and produces non specific immunity in body to fight against general disorders.
It is also helpful even to the special children with autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit, hyper activity, delayed milestone etc.
For what period it should be done:
Daily dose of swarna bindu prashana should be given for minimum of 1 month to maximum of 3-6 months.
Monthly once for minimum of 30 months to maximum of 90 months on the day of pushya nakshatra (pushya nakshatra day comes once in 27 days)
Time and duration to give suvarna prashan:
Every day morning in the empty stomach or on the day of pushya nakshatra. The drops should be given by the parents to the baby in empty stomach.
Dosage of suvarna prashan drops:
Birth to 2 year – 2 drops
2 to 16 years – 4 drops
Age of children who can take suvarna prashan:
From birth up to the age of 16 years.
Benefits of suvarna prashan:-
1. Immune system towards diseases becomes stronger.
2. Increases physical strength. And growth of the baby.
3. Grasping power, analysis power and recall memory becomes sharper.
4. Improves digestive power.
5. Tones up skin colour and texture.
6. Protects the baby from different kinds of allergies.
Importance of suvarna prashan:-
Maharshi kashyapa says suvarna prashana improves intelligence, digestive fire and physical power. It gives long, spiritual, holy and saintly life. It gives rejuvenative effects and tone ups the skin. It improves immunity in a way so that the child is prevented from bacterial and viral infections. Regular use of suvarnaprashana helps in such a way that, the child gets best immunity to defeat diseases. Regular use of suvarnaprashana make child very intelligent and he can remember all heard by him.
Mode of action of suvarna prashan
Gold is considered as very precious in ayurveda. When swarna is converted into swarna bhasma as explained in ayurveda, it would possesses following properties:-
- Swarna bhasma has moisturizing & unctuous effect on body.
- It is madhura, rejuvinative and immunity booster.
- Improves complexion and growth of the body.
- Does detoxification of the body.
- Has ability to treat different fevers like vishajwara, aantra jwara and general weakness.
- It has been proved that swarna bhasma possesses anti oxidants, anti depressants, anti cancerous, antibacterial anti rheumatoid property.
- It also acts as nervine stimulant.
As we know a human brain grows rapidly in 1 to 16 years of life. Swarna bhasma accelerate the growth of brain and boost up its utilization capacity if swarna prashana is done during this phase.
Other drugs in it help to build immunity of the baby.
Also it has many benefits like improvement in concentration, grasping capacity, digestion and complexion.
Swarna bindu prashana underwent series of clinical analysis by many ayurvedic doctors and other associated hospitals. And we have found excellent results in increasing immunity and general health in a normal healthy baby.
Presentation of suvarna prashana drops:
Swarnaprashana drops are available in 5ml, 10ml presentation.
How to store the drops:
Drops should be kept in room temperature and should not be exposed to direct sunlight. Note that it should not be stored in refrigerator. Swarna prashana drops can be used for 5 years when stored in shade and in room temperature.