Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Both natural and homeopathic remedies can efficiently deal with lactose intolerance and thus you should check the reports of the patient for finding the best solution. You can choose any of these remedies or else can continue with both.
List of homeopathic medicines for treating lactose intolerance
- Aethusa Cynapium: The medicine helps in the digestion of milk so that unwanted stomach aches can be easily avoided. On the other hand, health condition of the kids can also be improved to a great extent using this medicine. Loose tools or green colour diarrhea due to dairy products can be prevented with care.
- Apis Mellifica: Milk allergies can be easily cured with this medicine and thus kids are often prescribed the drug by a homeopathic expert. A few symptoms are found in kids due to lactose intolerance like breathing difficulty, body itchiness, redness, swelling, skin rashes and others. All these symptoms can be treated by this homeopathy medicine.
- China Officinalis: This medicine is mainly prescribed to those kids for whom Apis Mellifica is not the suitable one. Flatulence, belching and bloating can be properly controlled or regulated by taking this drug regularly. Excessive mucus formation, chest's rattling sound and excessive coughing might occur with dairy intolerance and these symptoms might get severe. This is the reason the doctors often prescribe this medicine as the best option.
A few natural remedies for treating lactose intolerance
- Probiotics: These are specialized bacteria that not only help in improving digestion, but proper nourishment can also be gained.
- Coconut milk: This is now considered as one of the leading substitutes for different dairy products.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lactose intolerance signs can be completely eradicated along with the maintenance of body balance by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. This is a natural product, and thus you can take the same regularly without taking a doctor's permission.
- Fermented products: Kimchi and Sauerkraut are those fermented foods that can create helpful bacteria as a result of which the gut can be re-populated and digestive system can be regulated. The symptoms will get reduced slowly with the consistent intake of these foods.
- Yogurt: This can be taken with meals as it is enriched with beneficial bacteria that can help in digesting different other dairy products. With the consumption of yoghurt, Lactose can be broken down naturally, and on the other hand, digestion can be improved.
My daughter is 1.5 years old but she is not gaining weight up to the optimum of the child having 1.5 years old. Please suggest any treatment for that?
My 2 months old son got pneumonia.Was hospitalised.Now after two months he has again got the blood and chest infection.Wat to take precautions ?
My son aahil getting illness, cough, nd he's head heating last three week at night nd he's head little big than other baby, Also getting cold everyday he can't take breath properly while drinking mom milk Even after 9 month my son can't balancing he's own, when he sitting nd felling down by head. He is weak by body? Pls help me.
Hello Dr. I'm recently blessed with a Baby girl. C is going to b 1 month old in 2 days. From last 4 days I'm noticing that my baby is having problem in urinating. Like whenever c urge to pee she cries very hard as if in too much pain N forces too mch in abdominal region. After forcing and crying N trying 2 or 3 minz later she cud pee. And this happens every time she urinates. Earlier c wasn't like dat. Is there anything serious? Is she having infection? I'm too much worried. Kindly suggest.
My two months old son used to do potty once in a day as per routine, in morning only. But now after his vaccination I am observing he does potty 3-4 times a day. And his diet and feed demands has also increased. Is it a positive sign in his growth or some problem is there, as elders used to say that as the baby grows he does lesser potty, usually once in a day or in two days? Kindly help.
It's about my son. According to his age my son takes a good diet. But sometimes after every meal he passes motion it's neither hard nor watery it's semi solid kind off. The quantity of motion is little. Is this normal?
My daughter is 10 yrs old and keep getting strep throat very often could you please suggest so home remedies to avoid it and to build her immune system.
My baby is 11 months old now. He doesn't wish to eat anything except breastfeeding or water. He has to be forcibly fed after 3-4 hours. He is weak also and has not started walking or standing by himself. What should I do?
My baby is of 4 months and he has 8-9mm malaligned VSD. What are the chances of curing it without surgery. please give me suggestion.
My baby is 6 months 9 dayz old. She has got itching (khujli) in her head since few days. She keeps scraping her head with nails. I am worried. please help.
Hello dr, my daughter (4.5 yrs) has got lump in her stomach and its size is 4x2 cm. Few doctors are suggesting for the operation and few are saying that is an 8 to 10 days old apendex in which they can not do the operation it will get resolve by medicine. Please suggest.
My daughter is 10 months old her skin becomes dry due to winter I wanna use libero lotion is lotion is good to use for my baby skin.
My son is 4 months old. He is taking formula milk from day one. He has a habit of vomiting whenever he takes milk. Offlate the vomiting has increased and on some days he literally vomits everything which he takes in. His weight acc to Doc is okay. He sometimes feels relieved after he vomits. he vomits both milk and curd. Pls advice.
I am married guy with a 4 months baby boy. My sex life was good for initial 2 years of my marriage (4-5 times a week) till we got the news of my wife's pregnancy. We avoided sex in first 3 months as per doctor's advice & then for following 3 months, we did occasionally (once a week). Then there was a complete pause of 6 months till the baby was of 3 months. On resuming sex, I am facing problems for which I need solution. I don't get erection strong enough to penetrate even after good foreplay & if we try harder for it then I end up ejaculating. We tried penetrating using oil as lubricant in semi-erect state but either erection is unsustainable or it ends up in premature ejaculation. Me & my wife love each other but this situation is affecting our relation. I can't fulfill her desires every time by foreplay. Also I started avoiding getting physical with her due to it. We try having sex hardly once a week but it leads to dissatisfaction. please help. Also I am ashamed to consult doctor face to face.
I'm taking Nexito Forte and Skizoril 12.5mg daily for the past 3-4 years. I'm undergoing psychiatric medications for the past 10 years. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and ADHD. I have also been diagnosed to be suffering from Hypertension and have been prescribed Nebimac 5mg and Telma 40 for the past 6 months. Now my life is back on track and I have a good job in hand. But I feel that my life is going on just because of the medicines and fear for the worst when I stop taking medicines. I have had a talk with my doctor who said the dosage would be reduced gradually. What would you advise regarding this?
Afrezza - the only inhaled insulin for diabetes.
Afrezza® is an inhaled human insulin indicated to help improve glycemic control in adults with diabetes mellitus.
Afrezza is a rapid-acting, inhaled insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The product consists of a dry formulation of human insulin delivered from a small and portable inhaler.
Administered at the beginning of a meal, afrezza dissolves rapidly upon inhalation to the lung and delivers insulin quickly to the bloodstream. Peak insulin levels are achieved within 12–15 minutes of administration. Afrezza is available in 4-unit and 8-unit single dose cartridges of insulin powder that can be used, as prescribed by a health care professional, in combination with other diabetes medications to achieve target blood sugar levels. For afrezza doses exceeding 8 units, patients may use a combination of 4 unit and 8 unit cartridges. Other sizes of cartridges are being considered. The disposable inhaler can be used for up to 15 days, should be kept in a clean, dry place with the mouthpiece cover on and may be wiped with a clean, dry cloth if needed.
Limitations of use
Do not use afrezza as a substitute for long-acting insulin;
Afrezza must be used in combination with long-acting insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes.
Do not use afrezza to treat diabetic ketoacidosis. Afrezza is not recommended in patients who smoke or who have recently stopped smoking.
Important safety information for afrezza
Warning: risk of acute bronchospasm in patients with chronic lung disease
Acute bronchospasm has been observed in patients with asthma and COPD using afrezza. Afrezza is contraindicated in patients with chronic lung disease such as asthma or copd. Before initiating afrezza, perform a detailed medical history, physical examination, and spirometry (FEV1) to identify potential lung disease in all patients.
Do not use afrezza if you have problems with your lungs, such as asthma or COPD. Do not use afrezza during a low blood sugar reaction (hypoglycemia). If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in afrezza, do not use afrezza as this may cause a significant and severe allergic reaction.
Afrezza patient starter kit