Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Mushraf Unnisa
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R Mushraf UnnisaYour feedback matters!
4 days back my wife had done surgical extraction on lower wisdom tooth. I can see the swelling is still there and a red black spot on check at the place of extracted tooth like blood clot. What should I do?
Hi I'm a male I am very lazy I usually get up by 11 or 12 in the morning and thn I brush teeth at 1pm in the afternoon and do not get anything direct I go to eat food or lunch so wat to do I want to get up early in the morning but I don't get up but wat to do how to get up early in the morning everyday please help me please tel me plz.
Often paraesthesia is caused due to the needle injury. When the dentist inserts the needle for a block, the patient might experience a sharp sensation on the tongue equivalent to that of an electric shock. This is known as paraesthesia and is defined as a change in the sensation or anesthesia that is persistent and the duration generally extends. This condition cannot be prevented and is a complication in some patients who undergo a dental treatment. Though it is commonly seen in the implant therapy, paraesthesia is more of a dental malpractice.
The feeling of the electric shock is felt when the needle comes in close contact with a nearby nerve. This is enough to develop paraesthesia. Severing of the nerves with a local anesthesia and small gauge needle is uncommon. The exact cause of paresthesia has not been ruled out, but it is believed that the block happens because of using 4% solutions of local anesthesias. In case a paresthesia occurs, then it usually gets resolved within some days, weeks or months, but if it lasts for more than 6-9 months, then it is considered to be permanent.
When the paraesthesia is due to a surgical trauma, then getting help from an oral and maxillofacial surgeon is recommended. They assess that if a surgical intervention can be used to fix the problem. In case the paraesthesia is due to the anesthesia given locally by the dentist, then he/she does the following:
- Patient Management: Reassurance of the patient is must as they get jittery about the situation. The dentist often speaks about the condition with the patient personally. The patient is made to understand how a paraesthesia might have occurred and how much time it would take to resolve. This is also recorded in the patient book so as to avoid any such incidents in the future.
- Examination of the patient: The dentist should discuss the whole phenomenon and procedure of how paraesthesia can take place. It is important to let the patient know that the condition subsides, but it might take some time. The extent and the degree of paraesthesia should be assessed and the findings should be noted in the examination records.
- Follow up with patient: It is the dentist's duty to keep a tab on the follow up with the patient. The patient should go for a re-checkup within 1 month of developing a paraesthesia and then again in 1-2 month intervals. The visits could be more and can last until the paraesthesia completely resolves. Improving signs and symptoms usually promise that the paraesthesia is getting better. If paraesthesia is still persistent, then help from an oral and maxillofacial surgeon should be taken for a surgical approach.
My front lower jaw two tooths are missing, I want to implant 2 tooths. Please suggest me a dentist. Also tell me what will be the whole price for implant? Full cost for dental implant.
A thin layer of material placed over a tooth to protect its surface or improves its appearance is known as veneer. Dental veneers are a popular treatment for transforming your smile’s overall appearance. Placement of dental veneers can dramatically improve your smile and appearance. Most people believe that veneers are a single treatment when there are actually many types of veneer you can avail.
Some common types of veneers include—
Composite Veneers: Composite veneers are more commonly done. These are adjusted and sculpted during the dentist appointment. Cracked or chipped tooth, small cosmetic problems are usually fixed with composite veneers.
Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are expensive, but the effect they have on your smile is worth every penny. Porcelain veneer treatment involves multiple trips to the dentist’s office. They are stain-resistant and are more durable than other veneers.
Types of Dental Problems That Veneers Fix-
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored -- either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
The advantages of veneers are as follows:
They give a natural appearance to your teeth.
The tissues of the gum can tolerate porcelain well.
Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains.
The porcelain colour can be chosen to make dark teeth appear whiter.
Veneers offer a traditional approach in transforming the shape and colour of a tooth; they don’t normally require the intensive shaping before the procedure, like dental crowns do.
Veneers offer an aesthetic dental substitute.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!