Find numerous Veterinarians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Veterinarians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. R L MohanYour feedback matters!
I was bitten by my pet dog near my mouth, I did not got vaccinated after bitten by my dog, bt my dog has been vaccinated, so do I still have a chance of getting infected by rabies?
I have a 4 month old sable German Shepherd single coat bitch. As she is growing .she is getting slimmer. What should I gave her to make her healthy?
My bitch her age is 10 month her breed is german sphep. She left all food evn now she is nt having milk please doctor give me a solution She is having antibiotics which is giving by doctor bcz 28/ 7 /2017 her temp. Was 103 antibiotics are 1. DOXCYLINE HYCLATE & BROMHEXINE HYDROCHLORIDE TABLETS 2. MEFTAL -P.
Sir ,i have a one month old lab puppy and sir I don't what happened to her she vomited 3 times and she is having loose motion. please suggest me medicines.
I have a female labra of 1 year from her startng she is eatng cow dunk .I wnt to knw the reason nd how to cure it
Hi doctors, what are the precautions must be taken for German shepherd dogs in summer, especially how to overcome the over heat from their body. Thank you.
Doctor can you help me with my black female lab who is 6 month old. I feel that she has some problem with her coat as I find her hairs more often on clothes and bed. Though her coat looks to be fine, shiny and hairy yet this hair loss concerns me. Is it fine or any sort of symptom? And also how to help with her unclean ears?
My dog passed away yesterday it was only one and a half months old it was not eating had lose motion and vomiting i consulted a vet. He told that she had eaten something so she had a wound in her intestine and had loss of blood i am not able to understand that my dog passed away because of that or because the vet. Treated the gaestro dog in the same place where he treated my dog .Please give me the answer as early as possible. Thank you
I have 22 months german shepherd female. N she is not eating properly. . Her health is not developing .
How to take care of 35 days old spitz puppy. About his diet and daily routines. About his vaccinations and other medications.
Dogs must never be fed with following people-food. It’s only slow poison for your pets.
1. Onions & Garlic: These are highly flavored foods and can cause toxicosis in dogs.
2. Chocolate: Ingestion of chocolate by dogs can cause abdominal pain and vomiting to them due to the presence of theobromine and caffeine.
3. Avocado: Dogs must never be fed with avocado flesh or skin. Not just avocado fruit but even various parts of avocado tree are fatal for dogs.
4. Raisins & Grapes: Even slight feeding of raisins or grapes can pose problem to dogs. Their ingestion can cause kidney failure to them.
5. Nuts: Nuts contain phosphorus that can cause bladder stones in dogs. Ingestion of walnuts and macadamia result in vomiting, joint swelling and muscular pain in dogs.
6. Xylitol: Xylitol is a sweetener that is very harmful for dogs for it can cause them loss of coordination, seizure and even liver failure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My dog, Jay, is a German Shepherd and he is three months old. He is skinny and he weighs nearly 8.5 kg. Is this the appropriate weight or should he be weighing more? if so what should be done?
Sir I have a dog by one compounder wrong injections it is in final stage it is not eating food and water from 8 days and not standing with legs.
I have a pet bitch of mix breed pedigree. She is 7 years old. The problem is thats for more around 10-12 days she is not eating properly (eats nothing) and her potty gttn worse. Now at this position how to make her feed. Is there any medicine to appetite her. please tell me the remedy I am in distress.
It is fairly easy to keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy provided that you regularly take care of your pet and go for frequent health check-ups. Moreover, conducting regular checks at your home will also go a long way in identifying a problem in its nascent stage.
Here are five tips to ensure that your dog’s dental health remains perfect.
1) Prevent tooth decay - If your dog frequently consumes plaque-forming food products, it can lead to subsequent build up on its teeth and ultimately lead to certain problems such as tooth loss, gingivitis and receding gums. Ensure that you clean your dog’s teeth on a daily basis in order to avoid any form of tooth decay.
2) Check your dog’s breath - Although dog breath is usually not pleasant; if your dog smells unusually foul, you should get a check-up done. Moreover, observe if this foul breath is coupled with other issues such as vomiting, excessive urinating or sudden loss of appetite.
3) Encourage your dog to play with chew toys - Chew toys assist in providing stronger teeth to your pet, while giving a perfect massage for its gums. In addition, continuous chomping helps remove soft tartar and thus keeps teeth clean. Nylon, rubber and rawhide chew toys are the safest for your dog.
4) Identify signs of oral disease - A number of oral diseases can be prevented or controlled if they are diagnosed at an early stage. Major symptoms of almost all oral diseases are loose teeth, swollen gums, foul breath, excessive drooling, tumours in the gums and cysts under the tongue.
5) Carefully examine your dog’s teeth and gums - Healthy gums of a dog are indicated by the fact that they are pink in colour and have no signs of swelling. As for the teeth, they should not have any traces of tartar. Carry out this teeth and gum examination each week by lifting your dog’s lips and observing carefully.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi. I had some blood discharge today which is 12 days early from my menstrual cycle. I cant understand the reason but I have a female dog whose period started 2 days ago and I take care of her. Is there any possibility that my dog's period affected my period cycle?
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.