Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R KartikYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and 6.6 kg weight. She is having high fever as 103 I have given call 120 mg 3.5 ml but fever didn't go down and I did sponging also. So I gave her meftal 3.5 ml after 1.30 min gap . Is there any side effect.
Yes I try to give her solid food. But she spits it out. I can't give a big mouth rice. 4 to 6 grains of rice that's all she chew. More quantities if I give her she spit it out. She doesn't want to eat bread, cheeses curd and many more things if I give her. Even banana I have to fed her. If I ask her to hold the banana she will. Never do that. What should i do for her?
Sir my son is one and half year old but he don't intake milk a single ml. He only drinks milk from bootle when he is in deep sleep otherwise he refuses to take milk. I had tried many flovours in milk nt he refuses just by seeing n drinking it. Please help me I am much worried about his deficiency for calcium.
My Daughter is suffering in cerebral Palsy (CP Child) She was not a knock holding, Talking, Walking ETC. She age is 2 Years 06 Months Old please Consult Me a Doctor.
Sir, my 4 years daughter can't speak, she can hear properly but cannot speak, she speaks only 2-3 words like mammi, kaka. What should I do, I consult the doctors they said she will speak. But as long as time is moving I am getting very upset. Please suggest some solution.
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
Children are small adult's,talk to them with respect and respect their arguments ,likes dislikes,their self respect.Never ever undermine them.
My son is of 14 years old he has allergy problem I nebulize him two times in this harvesting season is it safe or not to nebulize everyday ?
Q: My son is 7 month old 5.5kg he is low weight birth at the time of birth his wait is 1396 grams I want to concern about his diet what should we have to give him.
How to Dry Baby's Hair?
Baby towels often have a hood attached to it that can be used to gently blot your baby's hair. Do not rub as the baby's hairs are fine and very delicate and vulnerable to damage. Also, never try to blow-dry a baby's hair, as babies' skin is very much sensitive than an adult's skin and can be very easily burnt. Their hair also dries very fast on its own.
How to Comb Baby's Hair?
Comb your baby's hair with a soft-bristle brush or a tooth brush that won't snag on tangles or pull your baby's hair. Avoid headbands or ponytails, as they pull your baby's hair back too tight, which can damage hair.
Cradle Cap-Should I worry?
Cradle cap refers to the fleshy, red flakes on the scalp of baby. This is not harmful but some may be bothered by it. Before a bath, massage a little bit of coconut oil into your baby's scalp to loosen the dry skin. Gently rub the oil into your baby's scalp with a ultra soft brush or wash cloth to release the flakes. Always wash your baby's hair with a gentle baby shampoo. Cradle cap should get better on its own. If it sticks around or spreads to the face of baby, or neck or other parts of the body, you should see your doctor.
What Oil should I Apply on My Baby's Hair?
Many new parents try to apply baby oil in the newborns scalp under the impression that it will lead to hair growth. This is a biggest misconception. Baby oil actually causes dryness of the scalp and clogs the pores of the head. Often the cause of cradle cap in babies is the usage of the baby oil. For healthy hair growth it would suffice coconut oil is applied onto your infant's hair and scalp.
When should I Plan the First Haircut?
There is no particular set time for a first haircut as it will not harm hair growth of the baby. Whenever you feel your child needs a trim, you should go ahead and get it done.
Why my Baby has Bald Spots? What Should I Do?
Sometimes babies have bald spots on their head because children lie in the supine position most of the time. Encourage the "tummy time" when your baby is awake, to allow their head to round out and prevent bald patches.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hello, I really want an help, regarding my son's health. He is now 16 month old, but 8 month before his weight was 8 kg now it is only 9.8 kg. He look thin, always while walking he is not stable as if he is not balancing. Or his legs are weak. I have been feeding almost every thing which I come to know is healthy. But still his health not recovering. Please help me out. How can make my son health?
My 10 years old son is having dry skin, also he is having peel offs from his hands and feet, what should I do.
In the day and age where technology turns your child into a couch potato, introducing fitness into his/her life can be a real challenge. These trends have slowly given rise to obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure in children- diseases that they were never touched by. So it is very important to introduce fitness into your child’s life, now more than ever.
1. Get involved: It is known that children learn more by example than by instruction. Do fun activities yourself like swimming, playing basketball, going on long walks and take your child along with you. Start small, by doing this at least once a week, and then increase gradually. Not only will this encourage your child to be more fit, it will also create a deeper bond between the two of you.
2. Introduce fun activities: Structured activities such as a sport are great ways of introducing your child to fitness. Enrol your child for some routine sport classes, particularly team sport. This way your child learns essential values such as team spirit, fair play, competition and practice. Plus, it’s a great way to stay in shape.
3. Make exercising fashionable: Children these days are fond of doing things that are ‘in’. Some may want to swing the bat like Dhoni, while others may be more interested in learning Hrithik Roshan’s dance moves. Let your child decide what he wants do according to his style. Celebrity examples can act as motivation.
4. Use fitness as a reward: If you just force your child to go out and play, then chances are you’d be giving rise to resentment and resistance. Don’t use exercise as punishment, make it a reward instead. For instance, treat your child to a break from homework by encouraging him to play ball for half an hour. This strategy might make him/her enjoy the physical activity to the fullest.
5. Let your child take charge: Allow your child to decide what he wants to do in the hours after school rather than you deciding it for him/her. He may decide to cycle, go on a hike, and go for a long run. Letting him/her decide, give away the control over the situation to make him/her more inclined to follow a routine. For younger children it is best for you rationalize their choices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.