Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. R K ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hello Body building food supplements can affects sex life or it affects on fertility? I started going gym .want to make my body like body builder person can this food supplement affect my sex life or fertility power.
1) Dear Doctor I used to do Masturbate everyday. Recently I am observing that after ejaculation my Sperms is looks like water. I asked some frndz they told that Sperm count is low. 2) So, for increasing in Sperms count what food I hv to eat. 3) From last 1 year I stopped masturbating. If I do masturbate now 1st 2 days sperms are looks like normal, if I do continuously my sperms looks like water. 4) I am taking tibetan Herbal antidepressants. 5) What advice I have to follow?
My weight is 66 kg and height is 5 feet 2 inch. I started 45 minutes non stop jogging from today morning, so I took 4 litres of water today. Actually how many litres of water should I drink? Is there any limit to drink water for me? Is there any suggestions to continue?
My Mother feels difficulty in sleeping. Even she can't do it for an hour. The problem persists from 10 years. She had regular checkups from Surgeons and many other doctor too but still the problem continues. Tell me whether its a case of Insomnia or other thing?
I am suffering from mouth ulcer from last 6 days. Which medicine should I take to cure? Is there any deficiency in my body?
I am masturbating from last 2 years. I can't stop myself from masturbating. Kindly help me to stop this awful habit. I feel extremely weak and pain in my leg and back pain. If possible kindly prescribe me some medicine.
I am a employ in a company and I have a desk job, I am suffering from piles. Its very painful. Please suggest me to cure it.
I ejaculated last more than 4 days ago. Will my today's pre-cum still have any possibility of sperm in it?
Im 27years old male. I get severe headache morning after I wake up. Im also undergoing medication for depression from dec 2015.
I am 29 year old male and I am suffering with severe snoring problem pls suggest what should I do for curing.
For people recovering from a back surgery, constipation is quite common and causes discomfort or pain. There are several aspects of a back surgery which may lead to constipation. They include anaesthesia, changes in diet, stress and the use of some pain relieving medicines.
- The symptoms of constipation are:
- Pain and bloating in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Hard stools and the inability of bowel movement.
Ways to prevent constipation:
Here are several simple ways by which you can prevent or minimize pain or discomfort due to constipation after a back surgery.
- You should increase your daily activities as early as possible after a back surgery. You should walk regularly.
- You must reduce the use of narcotic medicines and use only what is needed for controlling pain. Narcotic medicines slow bowel movement and cause constipation. Use non-narcotic pain relieving medicines to prevent constipation.
- You can use fiber laxatives, stool softeners or combination products after a back surgery to prevent constipation.
- Drinking a lot of water and non caffeinated fluids is very important. You should also have apple cider juice and prune juice, which are effective natural laxatives.
- You should eat natural fiber-rich food for intestinal stimulation. These include whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is best to avoid cheese, meat and processed food. Instead of large meals, you must have frequent, small meals throughout the day.
Medicines for constipation:
Non prescription medicines can be taken for preventing or treating constipation after a back surgery.
Here is a list of some effective medicines that relieve constipation:
- Bulk fiber laxatives, which add bulk to stool and encourage water to stay in the colon. These medicines need up to three days to show effect.
- Stool softeners or emollient laxatives help in softening stool by making fluids mix with them.
- Stimulant laxatives take action by stimulation of bowel contractions for moving stool out. They are effective and start working very quickly.
- Combination laxatives perform the functions of laxatives and stool softeners together.
- Suppositories also perform the dual function of stool softening and acting as laxatives. The colon gets contracted, and stool is pushed out and as the stool gets softer, it can pass easily.
- Enemas perform the function of bowel movement stimulation. Liquids are injected into the rectum, up into the colon. This stimulates the colon, and stool is passed.
Constipation occurs commonly in patients after undergoing a back surgery. This may cause utter discomfort and pain. You should take proper precautions and remedies in case of constipation after a back surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.