Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. R Jaya PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years old female and having hypothyroidism. I am taking 25 mcg thyronorm daily, but for the last month no medicines at all. Will there any problem? I am feeling very tired. I am going to check blood test and then will start medicines in correct dose. I have not consulted a doctor for long time. The above was my question asked earlier. Then the reply from Doctor's side was to check my blood for Thyroid Profile 1 in any Lab, and then to show the report. I have got the result today. T3 (SERUM)- 115 T4 (SERUM) - 6.9 TSH (SERUM) - 5.34 Please reply me whether I have to take any medicine and any control in my diet. Meboo.
How can we cure diabetes and what type of medicines should a diabetes patient use ayurvedic or which is referred by a doctor? The advertisement which had been telecasted on TV which referred medicine for diabetes. Is it really works?
I am 36 years old female suffering from thyroid ie hypothyroidism. I am taking 50mg eltroxin daily. Is it compulsory to take calcium intake also for thyroid patient.
I am diabetic patient, age 47 years, last month fasting 172, this month 142, I am using Ayurveda medicine, how to cure normal. V. SURYAPRAKASH. VISAKHAPATNAM.
I am type2 diabetic from last 4 yrs. I am lil bit lazy to take medicine on time. But try to control my diet. At this moment I am facing problem of rapid weight loss. Also if I take even 2 drinks I feel I am too high. Please advice how to control diabetes without medicine. Thanks.
High creatinine levels of 10. Average creatinine in the last 5 months has been 3. Recurring urine infections have pushed the creatinine to this level now. Phosphorus 9.9. History of diabetes for last 15 years. However average urine output daily is 1000 ml on a fluid intake of average 1300 ml. My question is if urine output is good, is dialysis needed? I think with proper hydration we should be able to bring her creatinine levels down. Is it possible that she has such high creatinine now because of lasix 2 tabs twice daily for 1 week that caused dehydration? Is peritoneal dialysis possible and effective at this age considering she is 94 now? Should we even look at Peritoneal dialysis as she is very weak now.
My father is addicted with alcohol. He also sugar patient. He doesn't come to addiction center. Shall I give any deduction tablet with food. Please prescribe any deduction tablet. His age is53.
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
I am a 53 years old lady taking medicine for hypothyroid. Before 7 months back have trigger thumb and take injection for it and fully cured. Now before 8 days again I have trigger thumb on the same thumb and doctor give me injection. Is it safe to take steroid injections, and what should be the time interval between two? have not been cured after 4 days, how many days it will take? can I take one more dose if it will not cure in 1 dose. I am also suffering from joint pain in all joints in my body.
I am suffering front regular constipation and gas problem. I am patient of blood sugar since 2010. Kindly suggest me how do I get out of this issues.
This is my mother (55 year) thyroid test report. Triiodothyronine, total (TT3) =1.17 ng/ml Thyroxine, Total (TT4) =6.31ug/DL Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)=6.48 Zulu/ml. My question is this all ok? Any problems?
What is the background defect of type 2 diabetic. Why it is not curable? is it not due to improper concept about diabetic state? what a poor state of medical research? why don't you research in integrated way with pharmacy specialist doing research in drugs?
I have put about 10 kg extra in past 2 years. I have pimples and scars on my face. Also dandruff. I don't know whether the heavy hair fall is due to dandruff or over heat in my body or other problems. My menstrual period was delayed 10 days in one month. In all the other months it is normal only. I want to know that whether these all are the symptoms of thyroid. Please give me some advice.
*मधुमेह के लिए घरेलू उपचार*
1. औसत आकार का एक टमाटर, एक खीरा और एक करेला को लीजिए। इन तीनों को मिलाकर जूस निकाल लीजिए। इस जूस को हर रोज सुबह-सुबह खाली पेट लीजिए। इससे डायबिटीज में फायदा होता है।
2. डायबिटीज के मरीजों के लिए सौंफ बहुत फायदेमंद होता है। सौंफ खाने से डायबिटीज नियंत्रण में रहता है। हर रोज खाने के बाद सौंफ खाना चाहिए।
3. मधुमेह के रोगियों को जामुन खाना चाहिए। काले जामुन डायबिटीज के मरीजों के लिए अचूक औषधि मानी जाती है। जामुन को काले नमक के साथ खाने से खून में शुगर की मात्रा नियंत्रित होती है।
4. स्टीविया का पौधा मधुमेह रोगियों के लिए बहुत फायदेमंद होता है। स्टीविया बहुत मीठा होता है लेकिन शुगर फ्री होता है। स्टीविया खाने से पैंक्रियाज से इंसुलिन आसानी से मुक्त होता है।
5. डायबिटीज के मरीजों को शतावर का रस और दूध का सेवन करना चाहिए। शतावर का रस और दूध को एक समान मात्रा में लेकर रात में सोने से पहले मधुमेह के रोगियों को सेवन करना चाहिए। इससे मधुमेह नियंत्रण में रहता है।
6. मधुमेह मरीजो को नियमित रूप से नीम के चार से पांच पत्तो का सेवन करना चाहिए।
7. चार चम्मच आंवले का रस, गुड़मार की पत्ती मिलाकर काढ़ बनाकर पीने मधुमेह नियंत्रण में रहता है।
8. गेहूं के पौधों में रोगनाशक गुण होते हैं।