Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R JagadishYour feedback matters!
i am taking 1. Forxiga 10 MG 2. Galvus 50 MG 3. Glycomet 1GM 4. Zoryl -1 1 MG Last Sunday Blood Sugar Report Fasting 173 PP 192. Is it ok?
Hello sir/madam im 30 years old, having type 1 diabetes since 25 years when I am 5 years old now my sugar level are under control but I dnt know my sugar level comes down to 20 or 40 in the morning taking insugen 30/70 100iu mrng 10 units and night 12u and also thynorm 50 mcg for hypothyroid what to do ill get more angry for small thing and shout on my kid please suggest me what to do to control my angry.
I am 23 years girl. And I am having hypothyroidism (TSH is 6.57 diagnosed two weeks earlier and I am taking eltroxin 50mg) due to which I had gainedmy weight alot as I go for aerobics daily but then to my body looks like as some amount of air is pumped in my body. My height is 5'5' and my body weight is 75kg.. Kindly suggest me how to control my weight.
For diabetes patient which vegetables, fruits, nuts & cereals are good for eating to maintain blood sugar levels.
I AM 53 YEARS MALE . I AM DIABETES FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS . MY URINE IS DARK yellow . IS THIS SIGN OF ANY DISEASE.
Hi. Iam 46 year old male. Iam diabetic for last 8 years and taking medicines Riomet Duo2- 3 tabs a day and Lantus insulin 16 units before going to bed. Can I get rid of it by improving life style / exercise and is there some better medicines to effectively manage it. Iam based in Gurgaon.
My wife is having hypothyroidism. Is there any treatment that could cure her. She is taking tablet daily of thyroxine 50 mg. So please give a permanent solution.
I have diabetes from last 3 year and I am taking insulin 15 and 10. I am getting very weak in last one year please help me to overcome this problem because I am in pain and not able to walk properly please suggest me.
I am the diabetic patient. What types of food can I take. And how much time is better to walk on morning & evening please.
After releasing my urine. I am feeling my bladder is full. My age is 20. Suffering frim thyroid. Early morning my urine is yellow coloured. Is it a major problem. Some times I feel my heart is beating slow also.
I got a thyroid profile test done in which I got TSH at 41.09 uIU/mL where 1st you stands for mu and it is where much outside of the reference range. What are consequences of the above result.
There is any possibilities to escape from diabetes in early stages of it occur. What are precaution to live healthy from diabetes?
I'm a sugar patient since four years and taking pills regularly. My blood sugar is sometimes up and sometimes low. Yesterday random sugar at night was 130 but today morning it's 203. Why this variation.
The uterine cavity has a tissue base that is known as the endometrium. When this endometrium spills over or spreads to the other parts of the reproductive organ, it begins to punch through the uterine lining. Such a condition creates complications and even infertility, and is known as endometriosis.
Read on to know more about endometriosis and how it can cause infertility.
When the endometrium tissue spreads to areas like the ovaries, and the abdominal cavity, it can lead to numerous complications. Apart from pain, this may also cause infertility. 5 to 10% of the women worldwide suffer from this condition and have trouble conceiving. Additionally, about 30 to 40% of the infertility cases are due to endometriosis, not all cases. These figures are all confirmed by various medical studies.
How does it cause infertility?
Endometriosis can prevent ovulation, which is the process that occurs every month. During the ovulation process, the ovaries release eggs that may be fertilised in order for the woman to conceive. In this condition, the fimbria of the fallopian tubes also has trouble in capturing the egg, which prevents conception from taking place. This leads to infertility in the long run. Endometriosis also interferes with the proper production of the hormones that are required for normal ovulation and fertilisation of the egg.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of lab tests and ultrasounds as well as imaging tests that can create the image of the womb and the endometrium lining. This will help in showing the severity and damage caused by the tissue. A surgical procedure called a laparoscopy may be carried out by the doctor to ascertain whether the patient is suffering from this condition. In this procedure, a small incision will be made and a camera will be inserted to view the insides on a screen, to learn more about the tissue’s spread and the kind of treatment that will be required. The doctor will also diagnose the condition on the basis of various symptoms like irregular and heavy bleeding.
Treatment for endometriosis associated with infertility needs to be individualized for each woman. There are no easy answers, and treatment decisions depend on factors such as the age of the woman, the severity of the disease and its location in the pelvis, the length of infertility, and the presence of pain or other symptoms. Some general issues regarding treatment are discussed below.
Treatment for Mild Endometriosis
Medical (drug) treatment can suppress endometriosis and relieve the associated pain in many women. Surgical removal of lesions by laparoscopy might also reduce the pain temporarily.
However, several well-controlled studies have shown that neither medical or surgical treatment for mild endometriosis improving the pregnancy rates for infertile women as compared to expectant management (no treatment).
For treatment of infertility associated with mild to moderate endometriosis, controlled ovarian hyperstimulation with intrauterine insemination - IUI is often attempted and has a reasonable chance to result in pregnancy if other infertility factors are not present.
Details about IUI success rates with endometriosis
IUI and endometriosis
Success rates with IUI for endometriosis have been variable in studies, showing:
- A pregnancy rate of 6.5% for women with endometriosis vs. 15.3% per cycle for unexplained infertility
- A pregnancy rate of 5.6% for women with advanced endometriosis vs. 22.7% per cycle for mild endometriosis vs. 25.7% for no endometriosis
- Pregnancy chances with insemination for natural cycle IUIs (no drugs) with endometriosis are about 2% per cycle vs. 11% with injectables plus IUI for endometriosis
Treatment for severe endometriosis
Several studies have shown that medical treatment for severe endometriosis does not improve pregnancy rates for infertile women.
Unfortunately, infertility in women with severe endometriosis is usually resistant to treatment with ovarian stimulation plus intrauterine insemination. If the pelvic anatomy is very distorted, artificial insemination is unlikely to be successful. These women often require in vitro fertilization in order to conceive.
Although the studies of in vitro fertilization for women with severe endometriosis do not all show similar results, pregnancy success rates are usually good if the woman is relatively young (under 40) and if she produces enough eggs during the ovarian stimulation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 46 year old male and my height is 5'9" and weight is 84 kg. Whenever I want to exercise, I have a feeling that crystals are stored in my joints and they give pain. I had two bad experiences of Kidney stones, which I got away with by drinking onion soup. Most of the time my Uric acid levels are high, about 7.5 which is alarming. Please suggest how the crystals in the joints get dissolved, so that I can play some sports which I am very much interested in.
Thyroid is one among the many glands in the endocrine system, whose secreted hormones regulate and maintain various metabolic activities. Thyroid problem, in generic terms, refers to a situation where there is an abnormal secretion of the thyroid hormone. The secretion can either be abundant, causing what is known as hyperthyroidism, or insufficient which, in turn is known as hypothyroidism. Both of these conditions are detrimental to health affecting not only your body weight but also the growth of bones and hair. Though different branches of medicines are constantly dabbling with this problem, Homeopathy is the most preferred choice.
Some of the reasons for it are:
- Treats severe sweating, problems in menstruation and constipation: One of the most important advantages of Homeopathy medicines is that each one of them is equipped to treat a host of ailments. The condition, hypothyroidism is symptomatic of excessive sweating on the head, constipation and problems in menstruating in women. All of these can be cured by the intake of Calcarea Carbonica.
- Cures paleness of skin, tendencies of fainting and hair fall: This is another characteristic of hypothyroidism, wherein you suffer from pale, yellow skin and are unable to bear extreme cold temperatures due to the lack of vitality and body heat.  At the same time, women in their menopause tend to suffer from excessive hair fall. In all of these situations, a Homeopathic medicine called Sepia Officinalis is extremely beneficial in curbing these.
- Does not create overt reliance on medicines: Hyperthyroidism is a condition that is marked by nervousness and anxiety. Though allopathic medicines have always been preferred to others, it must also been considered that in their attempt to cure, they end up creating an overt reliance of medicines in the patients.
- Suits everybody: The primary reason for preferring Homeopathy to others is their complete lack of any side-effect. Both allopathy and ayurveda may or may not work on certain individuals. However, that is not the case for Homeopathy as it does not adopt any artificial means to cure thyroid problems, rather uses natural means to regulate the secretion of the thyroid gland.
Best Ways to Balance Hormones Naturally:
- Eat Healthy Fats (Including Coconut Oil and Avocados)
- Supplement with Adaptogen Herbs
- Balance Your Intake of Omega-3 to Omega-6 Fats
- Improve Gut Health & Heal Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Eliminate Toxic Kitchen, Beauty and Body Care Products
- Exercise (Especially Interval Training)
- Reduce Stress & Get More Sleep
- Watch Your Caffeine & Alcohol Intake
- Back Off Birth Control Pills
- Supplement with Vitamin D3