Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R. D. ChakaravartyYour feedback matters!
My foot below the ankle is paining a lot. Not able to walk too. I am diabetic and I have BP too. What should I do?
I am 25 years old and I am having severe back shoulder pain since about 2 months when I got it for the first time while playing cricket. What should I do?
Hello sir, I feel often head ache and several leg pain during walking and running. And eye pain. WHat should i do to cure?
My mother is 65 yrs & she is a breast cancer patient. She use to take medicine like letronat 2.5 & ccm daily & osteofos 70 once in a week for the last 3yrs. It is observed for the last 3 months she is feeling pain in knee & tenderness in lower part of the leg muscle. Her weight is 62 kgs. Please advise remedy.
My age is 62 and weight is 110 kg with 5'-10" hight. I have fatness on my tummy only. My other limbs like arms, legs are normal. I feel stiffness in body from the last 30 years or more. In the beginning I took tab. Vovran (sr) one daily for about 10 years. Then I shifted to tab. Nelied for about 10 yearsone daily. Then some one suggested me nucoxia-90 which one tab. Worked for a week. I am taking it from last 10-12 years. From the last two years I have to take it twice a week. If I don't take this medicine my body became stiff and I became unable to move. Please advise.
Hello Dr. My age is 24 years male, last year I had pain in my left hip joint due to calcium deficiency, when got through my blood test hlab27, it was positive. My question is, does it pain when the bone is healing.
My mother had left knee replacement 1 month ago.She is doing physiotherapy at home and has pain and heaviness of leg till now.When will it get reduced?operation was done on 30th January,2015.
Sir my leg is over pain, I have some treatment and medicine in hospitals, but no use for every thing pls help him.
What is the prognosis of chronic arthritis when supplement of Glucosamine & Chondroitin and MSM supplement is given ?
I am 24 years old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief oint ment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now.
I am 36 years and having constant back and neck ache for last 3 months. I have a desk job and constantly on front of my laptop. Should I be showing to any physio or a Ortho? Any ointment that you can suggest? Thanks!
I am 55 years, suddenly when I woke up from bed I feel solder pain in right side. Maybe I slept in one side? or due to gastric trouble? please Give some suggestions. Please.
Yesterday in gym I got muscle pull in my neck and right shoulder. Since then, I am hav excruciating pain if I try to move my neck or shoulder to a certain angle. I took Cronin pain relief in afternoon but no effect. Aftr dinr took a Muscle relaxant but to no effect. Took one more an hr ago still no effect. What to do?
I have lower back pain only when I stand for more than 30-40 minutes I get numbness on my right leg ,I can't stand and I feel something pinching on my lower back. My weight is 88 and my age is 21 ,please suggest me,
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.