Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. R. D. Chakaravarty

Orthopedist, Bangalore

500 at clinic
Dr. R. D. Chakaravarty Orthopedist, Bangalore
500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. R. D. Chakaravarty
Dr. R. D. Chakaravarty is a renowned Orthopedist in Malleshwaram, Bangalore. He is currently associated with Northside Manipal Hospital in Malleshwaram, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. R. D. Chakaravarty on

Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Northside Manipal Hospital

#71, 11th Main, Malleshwaram. Landmark: Opp. Malleshwaram Railway StationBangalore Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. R. D. Chakaravarty

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Hii. I had fever some 2 and half months back. Followed by rashes on skin for a day and severe joint pain. Blood tests were also done. But sinc the platelets count was normal test for dengue was not done. After this I have been facing severe joint pain till date. The pain is especially in right shoulder. Knees and fist area. Now my family doctor has suggested a tablet to be taken for assumed chikungunya. The joint pains has not yet gone. Kindly advise.

Acupressurist, Chandigarh
Dear Lybrate user, You may take Mahasudershan powder twice daily. Eup. Purf. 200 five drops thrice daily and for rashes let me know if there is itching or reddish colour. Call back. Take plenty of liquids. Mausami anar etc. Vitamin C, D daily one tablets and. Calcium. Do not. Worry. It will take time.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, i am 43 years old service man. Working in cement factory and nature of job is mainly working with computer. From last 3-4 months I am suffering with abnormal streching problem in neck and arms. Also feels uneasy at the time of walking as unbalancing like vertigo. A eight day physio course have been taken by me few days back. But after relief for three days, I feel again stiffness in head and neck and suppose to use stemetil regularly. Kindly suggest me proper remedy. Is it cervical or some thing else. I am taking bp tablets daily and it is within control.

MBBS, MD - General Medicine
General Physician, Delhi
Hello sir, please few things I want to know please 1. R u diabetic or hypertensive or any other illness 2. R u vegetarian or non vegetarian please 3. What is your bp, sugar, tsh please 4. Do u sway on one side while walking currently You start please: 1. T. Retense 100 mg bd please 2. T, betavert 8 mg bd please for 3 day. Further consult me on private chat.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age 41 year old my leg is paining every night and I do some work so I am very tired so pls answer me.

Homeopath, Raebareli
When leg pain occurs after strenuous physical activity, you can simply apply cold compresses. This will help reduce the pain by numbing the affected area and control swelling and inflammation. 1. Wrap a few ice cubes (or a bag of frozen peas) in a thin towel. 2. Apply this pack on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes, while keeping the leg (s) elevated. 3. Do this a few times a day. Note: do not apply ice directly on the skin, as it may cause frostbite. Also take a glass of warm milk daily.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I has some times a pain in my left hand when I picking yp my hand. What is the problem?

Physiotherapist, Kota
Hand exercise dear, you can do it, 1……. Make a Fist Hand and finger exercises can help strengthen your hands and fingers, increase your range of motion, and give you pain relief. Stretch only until you feel tightness. You shouldn't feel pain. Start with this simple stretch: •Make a gentle fist, wrapping your thumb across your fingers. •Hold for 30 to 60 seconds. Release and spread your fingers wide. •Repeat with both hands at least four times. Finger Stretch Try this stretch to help with pain relief and to improve the range of motion in your hands: •Place your hand palm-down on a table or other flat surface. •Gently straighten your fingers as flat as you can against the surface without forcing your joints. •Hold for 30 to 60 seconds and then release. •Repeat at least four times with each hand. Claw Stretch This stretch helps improve the range of motion in your fingers. •Hold your hand out in front of you, palm facing you. •Bend your fingertips down to touch the base of each finger joint. Your hand should look a little like a claw. •Hold for 30 to 60 seconds and release. Repeat at least four times on each hand. Grip Strengthener This exercise can make it easier to open door knobs and hold things without dropping them. •Hold a soft ball in your palm and squeeze it as hard as you can. •Hold for a few seconds and release. •Repeat 10 to 15 times on each hand. Do this exercise two to three times a week, but rest your hands for 48 hours in between sessions. Don't do this exercise if your thumb joint is damaged. I hope apka hand acha or majbut ho jayga thnx…………………………………………….
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife 53 years old, having knees pains since 4 years, for left leg knee injunctions taken somewhat it is better than old, now the right leg also getting trouble. Recently we tried with "ARTHOLAX" Capsules 90nos. Now left 10Nos. Of capsules. Ie. Since 2.5 Months some relief got. Pl. Advice for betterment.

MBBS, MD - Anaesthesiology, FIPM
Pain Management Specialist, Pune
Your wife seems to be suffering from knee osteoarthritis. Injections given in joint could be 1. Viscoelastic substance or artificial synovial fluid to increase joint lubrication 2. PRP which is platelet rich plasma derived from patients own blood and injected in joint. This is very effective as it stimulated regeneration of joint cartilage. You have not mentioned which injection your wife received. She can take the similar injection in the other joint too. Apart from these most important is exercises for knee muscle strengthening. The patient should start exercises under supervision of physiotherapist. Medications do not have major role apart from pain killers, and calcium supplements Ultimately knee replacement is the treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi Doctor, I am 30 years old female. I am suffering pain in my claw foot and leg vain when I put my first 3-4 steps. And same while walking upstairs or downstairs but when I continue walk or climb stairs pain goes away. It happens on beginning steps. What is the reason behind this? Please advise, what should I do. Thanks, Archana.

BHMS, PhD Arthritis
Homeopath, Chennai
Hi, check your uric acid level in blood l. This one may be increased uric acid level called as gout. So after the taking blood test consult me. Take Care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have knee pain from about 1year. I met many docs but no got relief. please consult, The pain starts more when i am running or after long walk (about 2-4 Km).

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Build up your stamina gradually. You may sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Spring beds, folding beds or thick matress are harmful use no pillow under the head. Do hot fomantation. Paracetamol 250mg od & sos x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab od x10. Do neck back knee & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. For emergency treatment contact your nearest hospital or family doctor. If it does not give relief in 4-5days, contact me again. Why not discuss with me in a video conference? (facility provided by lybrate. Com)
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 61 years old. Male, I am suffering from joint pains, back ache & body pain from the past 10 years. And also I am having gastric problem. What I have to do? right now I am doing some light exercises & walking in the morning.

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. SPRING BEDS, FOLDING BEDS OR THICK MATRESS ARE HARMFUL Use no pillow under the head. DO HOT FOMANTATION. Paracetamol 250mg OD & SOS x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab OD x10. Do neck, back & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. You will need other supportive medicines also. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. If it does not give relief in 4-5days, contact me again.. Do not ignore .It could be beginning of a serious problem.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I feel a lot of pain in my thighs when I take rest from a long football match. What is its cause and cure?

MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Surat
Do not worry for that. Just take homeopathic lactic acid 200 1 dose, it will be alright within 15 mins. And it will not pain at all further. No side-effects too.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain in my heal while walking and I had consulted the doctor, he prescribed some medicine but I didn't get relief, would you suggest any precautions or medicine.

Physiotherapist, Vellore
Hello sir, Apply hot water fementation 3-4 times daily. Do Mild calf muscle stretch exercises. Do ankle pumping movement. Avoid long time standing, walking. If your over weight try to reduce it.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My daughter, 25 years old (92 kg and taking treatment for PCOD) is diagnosed with Grade II L5-S1 lytic lysthesis. The intervening L5-S1 disc has narrowed, degenerated and shows large diffuse pseudobulging. She has been given painkillers and advised operation. Requesting your advice and for how long can we hold back the operation and if the same is necessary. Thanks.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bundi
Surgery may or may not be successful. However some physio, yoga, herbals may be explored. Pcod is curable by herbal aartav shuddhi procedure- a non invasive procedure. But first pl furnish full details.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 18 years old male. I suffered from back bone pain for last one month. And I am using varies pain relief ailment but all of this not using. So what I do?

CCP, MBA, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Karnal
Do following home remedies: 1) mix camphor in coconut oil and boil it. Massage it followed by hot fomentation. 2) have turmeric & honey milk. 3) put a hot-water bag on back supported by a cushion. 4) add ginger while brewing your tea 5) if you are overweight, go for weight loss program 6) stay away from cold, go for hot water baths.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain in my neck. As soon as I turn my neck give pain kindly solve this problem. Thanks.

Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
Orthopedist, Amravati
Hello lybrate-user it can be a muscular pain or spondylitis. I would advice you to get an xray done to confirm diagnosis. Til then start analgesics and calcium supplements. Take small pillow under neck up to shoulder region. Start neck exercises.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a female aged 58 years and suffering with diabetes. I an also suffering with neuropathic pain in my feet, legs and also with tingling hands. Kindly advise me treatment.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I suppose that most of your issues can be ascribed to you being a diabetic and thus can be resolved by discussion with an endocrinologist / general physician who is managing your diabetes. If you have back pain with radiation to legs with associated symptoms than we can think of spine as a cause of your symptoms and then you may get in touch with me. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards Dr Akshay Kumar Saxena
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from back pain which generally started from lower bach to near by region to pubic region and lower hip and I also feel pain when I sit on a table chain I causes me pain on below hip region tell me what should I do to cure this with yoga and diets .why this is happening to me?

BPT, MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Sangrur
Dear Lybrate user Start some streching exercise of back and leg muscles. It will relax the muscle. Take hot water formentation. Back muscle are going to stiff only that causes pain. When position change you feel pain as sitting from chair or table to standing position. Because basic muscle involves to perform that activity. Its may be due to sedentary lifestyle or less physical workouts like cycling, running,walking, etc.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26 old year and I have suffered from back pain problem so give suggestion for me.

Bachelor Of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Noida
Hello according to your condition you have to take hot water fermentation through towel and do it 3 times in a day duration-15 min along with stretching and back exercises like straingh leg raising, bridging with -20 min repetition -5 sec hold do it for 3 days sure you will get well soon take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from leg pain continuously over the years. What should I do to cure it. please suggest me the remedy.

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
A healthy diet should include a variety of foods from each of the food groups, including plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and low-fat milk products. It is important to avoid junk food and foods high in calories.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I having back pain after my delivery and also having head act I am taking medicine and is relief me for some time after that its started for that I unable to care and play with my baby so please help me.

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
If you hv baby then avoid pain killer and home remedy do physio sessions for 7 days and after relief start stretching exercise of back it will help you.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am 45 year man. Gaining weight since last year and tummy is increasing. My job takes long sitting hours around 8 to 10 hours daily. Started having backache too and shoulders/arm are getting stiff. Pls help.

Physiotherapist, Delhi
You are suffering from increased lordosis in lower back which causes pressure on lumbar spine There may be problem of posture which u mentioned stiffness as a symptom n u also have a sedentary life style Take a physiotherapy assessment and guidance.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed