Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Putta ShankarappaYour feedback matters!
My friend develops rapid swelling and edema after minor trauma. E.g. Pinch, scratches, nail marks. What is the cause?
Hi I am 26 year old how can I remove tonsils from my neck its been from 3 days I cant sleep properly and am having pain.
Sir, I am diabetic last 8 years, and my age 55 years, is there treatment in ayurveda medicine, I am taking allopathy medicine of zoryal m2, and night I am taking insulin 10 units, please advise me is there any Ayurveda medicine, thanking you sir.
I have been diagnosed pcod. It's been two years I haven't taken any medications. My periods are quite regular. I have put on some weight these days. I have acne prone skin n extra facial hair. The hair in my chin area is thick n bushy. What should be done?
Hello doctor, my name is rahul agarwal. I am 20 years old. From past two days I m suffering from high fever. I had also visited my nearest doctor too. What should I do next? Please can you help me.
I am suffering from fever and cough for last two weeks. I took medicines but it can't work. Please suggest me proper medicine.
Hi iam 30 years old. Last week some injury in my penis and red or purple spots appears on my penis glans. Today spots are almost gone but iam unable to erect or masturbate and my penis glans become cold. Iam going to married on coming 19 nov. Please suggest and help. According to my doctor all is fine now. Iam taking siotone and medoscha gold capsules from last 5 days. Iam taking ns 15 for 4 days. Doctor given the same medicine medoscha gold and siotone capsules for nxt 5 days. No pain in my glans from day 1 and no swelling now. Thanks.
I had myocardial infarction in 2012 at age of 26. Angiogram has been done and found no blockage. Am taking only medications and since then consume Ecosprin AV-75. Is there a chance of heart attack/myocardial infarction for the second time even while taking Ecosprin tablets. Is it necessary to take tablets for lifetime? What are the side effects am still 29, married and have one child. Please clear my doubts it would be of great help.
I use to get breathing difficulties at night time, I does not had any sought of asthma problems ,and also only some days. I can take breath but I feels like I want more.
I know that TB is an air borne disease but does it spread through other means and what precaution one should take if a family member is tested positive with TB ? Is pleural TB contagious and does it spread through air or any other means and precaution and necessary steps to be taken?
Sir/madam, I am 46 years -male- my problem is getting drougy (getting sleep) after any food (even very limit) of vegetarian science past 8 years. By this I am not able to work or drive.
Hi my brother he has an head ache from past few months he was active before and now he is fully down bcoz of his headache he is not able to do anything like pains when he bends or take some weights can you help.
In order to spice up their relationship, couples can sometimes consider the option of anal intercourse instead of vaginal intercourse. Some recent studies have suggested that anal sex is actually bad for your health and can also result in severe and life threatening conditions.
Below are a few reasons that will make you aware of the risks of involving in anal sex. They are as follows:
- Fissures or piles: The anal tissues are non-stretchable and thereby an insertion of the penis into your partner’s anus can lead to tearing of the anus which might make your partner prone to anal fissures or piles. Besides, anal sex can cause severe pain while excretion the morning after, as there can be a significant weakening of the anal muscles.
- Increases the chances of anal cancer: If you and your partner frequently engage in anal sex, your partner’s chances of getting anal cancer increases as the act can initiate the transmission of the Human Papillomavirus (the virus responsible for anal cancer).
- Bacterial infection: Anus is a place designed to hold and facilitate the passing of faeces. This makes it a fertile breeding ground and holding area for bacteria. Through insertion, there is a high chance that you can be infected through your partner’s bacteria. Also if vaginal intercourse occurs immediately after anal intercourse, your partner can also get affected by the bacteria that transfer from the anus to the vagina. It can cause UTIs or urinary tract infections at the least and more serious infections as well.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Contrary to popular opinions, having unprotected anal sex can actually increase the chance of getting HIV and other deadly STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). As the anal tissues are extremely fragile, the risk of the transmission of sexually transmitted infections in the bloodstream remains quite high for both the partners involved. Even if you’re using a condom whilst engaging in the act, the chances of getting STD’s looms large as condoms are more prone to breakages during anal sex.
- You can still get pregnant: Engaging in unprotected anal sex does not really mean that you cannot actually get pregnant from it. There is a slight chance of semen leakage from the anus which can seep into the vagina and result in pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a sexologist.