Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Putta Kemparaju K.VYour feedback matters!
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 21 year old , have backache in upper right back and in spinal cord near it since 2 month ago while I am doing exercise , I concern doctor but only muscle pain are relieved not pain in spinal cord.
This is a painful condition of the elbow affecting children below the age of 5 years. It is caused by a pull on the arm with the forearm in a state of internal rotation. It is not the fall but the prevention of fall that causes the problem. Usually it occurs when the mother pulls the child by arm to put him on the other side while turning in bed. Sometimes when the child has a tendency to fall from the bed he, holds the bed sheet to prevent the fall, the whole body weight gives the momentum to internal rotation at the elbow joint and the upper/lower radio ulnar joint is partly dislocated.
It is a very painful condition the affected limb appears to be paralyzed
It is an orthopaedic emergency and the child should be taken to an orthopaedic surgeon or to the casualty department of a hospital immediately.
The x-ray usually does not show any abnormality.
Reduction of the joint displacement is easy. A cuff and collar sling is usually adequate.
If the condition becomes recurrent, a plaster may have to be applied for 2-3 weeks.
No medicine is required.
A chocolate is usually sufficient to bring a smile on the face of the child and parents.