Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Purnima UdayavarYour feedback matters!
Hello. This question is regarding my own problem. I took an ipill last month on 15th day of my menstrual cycle and had my periods 2 days prior to the actual date. Since I am done with my periods I am feeling dizzy and having a very bad headache and also feel pukish or feel like vomiting. Is there something to worry? Should I take a pregnancy test?
My mom have abdominal pain at the time of mensuration cycle. Please tell me its causes and treatment that should be taken to prevent it.
Good evening doctors, am posting this behalf of my friend he had Un protect sex with his gf before one day of her dates so he is tense so any problems will be there.
Hi Dr. actually my friend she had a physical rltnship with her bf which they had no safety but she took unwanted 72 pills under 48 hours he had her periods so will you pls clarify that are there any chances to get pregnant.
Dr. I have a period problem .i had intercourse with my husband on 1 and 3 rd oct with security n I am worried whether I am pregnant. I am a newly married girl n not at all prepared for baby. I have take unwanted 72 on 4th noon. And my last month periods date was 8th n today is 11 .i m really worried that why I am not getting in periods. So far I had done 3 test from preganews all were negative. please help me out. I really need your advice.
My mansuration time is 28 jan .plz tell me my ovaluation date and hame baby k liye kab try karna chihiye.
My daughter was supposed to get her period by 21 august but its 29 aug today she has skipped her period, what can be the reason for the same except pregnancy and what measures are supposed to be taken to cure it.
Nowadays, people just don't feel like cooking at home. Ordering takeout is the way to go today. It has become a regular part of your diet. But it is extremely detrimental to your health. You may lick your fingers and savor the moment after that lip smacking bucket of fried chicken or the burger you just polished off, but in the long run, a whole lot of health problems are going to follow suit.
- Restaurant food is extremely fattening and can raise your cholesterol levels sky high. Obesity is now a major modern health problem, which is affecting children since the young age. In adults, it increases the risk of Type 2 diabetes. To our brain, this food is often very rewarding, and we tend to overeat as a result.
- The meat in your burger is so laden with artificial chemicals, that it is hardly nutritive. It is essentially scrap meat that is fattened up and flavored to suit your taste buds. It contains high amounts of ammonia, a chemical that is found in your bathroom cleaning liquid and that is hardly fit for human consumption.
- It is extremely addictive, where the more frequently you eat it, the more you crave it, until you lose all self-control. If you eat restaurant food more than once a week, you have fallen prey to the most common trend of today.
- Restaurant chains are nowadays trying to lure customers with healthier options like salads or soups, but they're hardly healthy and are instead full of preservatives
- The desserts and sodas that you love are full of artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup. Sugar is hardly nutritious and only adds to energy levels, which when not burnt off lead to all the oodles of fat in your belly. It can also increase your resistance to insulin.
- A lot of the ingredients in restaurant food are processed foods that contain artificial chemicals like colorants, preservatives, artificial flavors and textures. Its harmful nature can never be stressed upon enough.
- Eating refined flour on a regular basis is a big no-no. Its carbohydrates are difficult for the digestive tract to break down, once again leading it to being accumulated. Don't get mislead by promises of 'whole grain' items; for even they are whole grain, they are broken down to finer flour that hardly retains its nutritive value.
No wonder it's called 'junk food', it only brings harm to your body. Make a conscious effort to replace it with real, fresh food that actually contains nutrients and not artificial chemicals.
If a girl is having stone at her stomach then after she get pregnant by the time will that stone create any problem at a time of delivery.
Hi I m 23 years old girl I hve a problem of irregular periods it continues spotting for 10 to 15 days I am having ginette 35 since last feb due to hormonal issues of prolactin serum which not very high bt still nothing is happen pls suggest?
Thanks but when I should go for doc check up today is my first day of last month n today I check with pregnancy kit.
Although most of the spinal disorders are treatable with conservative measures like medication, physiotherapy, exercises, braces etc, certain conditions need a surgical intervention to achieve best possible results. But any surgical procedure has certain risks associated with it. Spinal column houses the spinal cord and the nerve roots, which are very delicate and sensitive structures, carrying signals from the brain to the rest of the body. These structures are at risk of damage during a surgical procedure on the spine, which can lead to a minor or sometimes a serious disability due to loss of function of the limbs, bladder or bowel control or due to pain.
Spine surgery in particular, had earned a bad reputation among the general population due to the bad results of wrongly done surgeries without a complete understanding of the biomechanics of the spine, lack of adequate surgical implants or instruments, or lack of adequate training in the early decades of the 20th century.
Treatment of spinal disorders has undergone a significant and rapid change in the last few decades with introduction of various equipments and techniques. There has been a tremendous advancement in understanding the biomechanics of the spine as well as in the technological support in the last few decades, which has dramatically changed the way of surgical management of various spinal disorders. At the same time it has also improved the safety of the surgical procedures on spine by many folds. The imaging techniques like mri have made an early diagnosis of spinal problems. The imaging techniques used in the operation theatre help visualise the spine while inserting implants into the spine used to stabilize it. Technologies like computer navigation and o-arm image intensifiers provide a three dimensional visualisation of the spine and help protect the neural structures from damage during surgery. Neuro-monitoring systems are used to monitor the neural function during surgical manipulation of the spine, especially while correcting spinal deformities. These systems warn the surgeon of any impending damage to the spinal cord and help make the surgery safer. New spinal implant systems are continuously being developed to make surgical manipulation and stabilization of the spine easier and safer. Minimally invasive techniques, made possible by the special instruments, are designed to preserve the spinal muscles.
Today spine surgery has obtained a special place for itself and both orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons dealing with spinal disorders need to have a specialised training and focus on spine surgery to be able to achieve best results consistently. Improved safety and the good results have changed the image of spine surgery today and more and more people with spinal disorders are getting the benefit of having a better quality of life with a pain free spine.
With multiple surgical and non-surgical treatment options available, it is the thorough evaluation in the clinic and the right decision making that makes ensures best results of treatment of spinal disorders and hence, it is of utmost importance to take the opinion of a spine specialist.