Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Purnima SamayamYour feedback matters!
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
My son is 5 years old , he is facing ADHD problem, and doctor prescribed a medication Axepta 10 mg , is it safe to use the medicine at this age, is there any particular diet for this problem, or is there any alternative medication . Please guide me.
Helo Dr. Pls help me urgent meri 10 months ki bhtiji h use 2 din se vomiting or loosmotion ho rahe h vomiting band ho gayi h par loosmotion continues ho rahe h Dr. Se consult kar liya h par use abhi tak thoda sa bhi aram nahi aya h.
Ive been feeding my baby for a month now but he is not drinking my milk since 4-5 days, I consulted a doctor nearby she is asking me to pump my milk up n throw it away as my chest became heavy as he did not drink my milk, but now again my chest is fine but she asked me to pump n throw it Away, also I do not want to continue feeding as he is not drinking but I read it somewhere as much as il pump milk will produce on its own, how to stop it from producing?
Hello sir/ mam. My three year old son dont want to take milk. He want to eat only roti all the time, i' m so worried about him please suggest me what I do?
My daughter is seven and half months old (premature). She blows away medicine as well solids, does not take enough formula. Does not sleep properly. Please help.
My baby birth date is 4 may 2016 but she didn't cry after birth. She has admitted in nursery for 20 day now she is at home. medicine and feeding is done through RT. Now she has began to cry before 5 days. please give your valuable opinion after get well she has any disability or not.
My daughter has stone in gallbladder. No reason has been observed in her all tests of stone. Her stone is increased by 3mm from last year. It is 6mm now. I don't want to increase that more. What should be her diet. Do I should exclude tomato. Cabbage pumpkin. Bottle Gourd. chocolate from her diet.
My grandson has club foot (left) from birth. His affected foot was kept in plaster for three months immediately after birth and some exercises later on. Now he is 12 years old and walk freely unless somebody observe carefully. He can't run freely, as foot is never flat on ground. Is there any treatment by Physiotherapy or other way out? I request for response with clarity for future course.
My brother is having a fever with hard cough, his age is 15 yrs. He is taking only homeopathic medicine. What should we do?
My daughter 2y 6 months. And for pass 2 weeks she passing loose tools just twice in a day. She gets tummy pain and then she pass loose tools. Doctor told me it's due to taking lot of milk and bad food habits. That's true she takes per day 1 /2 milk more then food. She doesn't nt chew her food so I have to give her smashed rice which she swallow it. She doesn't take any vegetables and non veg. When every she feels hungry she crys fornmilk. What food I should give her to stop this loose tools. I'm so confused. Food quantity small bowl. Help me.
Sir/madam, I have a baby girl 6 months, due to my job reasons am not given breast milk in 5th month. Now am going back to my baby so what can I do to increase production of milk for breastfeeding.
What medicine should I use for my infant daughter (18 months) for treating cough. She is coughing severely during nights.
Hello. My son is 6 years old. He pass urine during sleep no matter whether he sleep during daytime or night time. Kindly suggest some solution.
Hi Doctors, My son (Age, 7months, weight is 6.4kgs) potty is coming green colour. I am feeding my baby, as well as I am giving nan pro 2 also. Is there any thing wrong to my child? My auntys or someothers are suggesting like foods you cannot eat everything. Because of that potty will be green. So please suggest me.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.