Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Purnima SamayamYour feedback matters!
Enterogermina Oral suspension (5ml) is that good for five years old male child if they have little loose motion, child has some malaria fever.
Hi, I have 3 years old son. He speak word which is spoken by us. He speak kaka mama tata. Etc. I know that which is the last time when a baby speak very well. Till which time I wait to speak.
Our child is look like weak but the doctor said his weight is ok he is still active but no problem. But while seeing other persons he has no stamina his energy level is low for swimming what can we do His age is 3years and 6 months
I am 16 years old. I sometimes feel a sharp pain in my chest sometimes in the left side but more often in the right side. It pains for 8 to 10 seconds and then stops. I am fit and fine but only the heart pains sometimes. Additional information: I have acnes (like 2 to 3 are produced in 10 days and it is significantly reduced as compared to a year ago). Some hairs of mine have also turned white (10-15).
My 6 months old daughter has severe hair fall. Now its almost lik bald. Could you please say some remedy for tis. And wats the reason for the hairfall. Am using homemade coconut oil and himalayas shampoo. Can you also suggest a good oil instead of homemade coconut oil.
Hi doctor. My daughter is 18 months old. By mistake we have given her a dose of 2.5 ml in morning and 5 ml in the night of Alerid Syrup. Can you pls advice whether it leads to any problems.
My son is 6 years old mostly complains of stomach pain near naval area specially morning time for having milk. Otherwise he is quite active. Please advise.
My son is suffering from TICS. Which Doctor should I consult - neurologist, psychiatrist or a homeopathy doctor?
My son has diarrhea after he takes any fluid. What do to stop loose stool. He had 7episode of watery diarrhea.
My son is 2 months old now. I have already administered him some doses of vaccines as given by the hospital. Now after some reading I am doubtful about painless vaccine. If I go for painful now will that disturb the schedule?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.