Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Punyavathi C. NagarajYour feedback matters!
I got married before 4 years but still my wife has not got pregnant and my tonsil r not in same size is there any problem in that.
As time progresses in a relationship, the sizzle somehow fizzles out and does not bring the same excitement as it used to. However, sex is one of the best ways to keep the relationship lively and young. Despite the hectic lifestyle and the weariness that sets in, there are definitely some simple things that can add some spice to your life and pump a new lease of life into the relationship. What was initially spontaneous needs some forceful trying with time.
Listed below are some tips that can help you sizzle up your sex life.
- Simple touch: Remember that sex need not happen in the bedroom when the lights are off. Routine, regular touch, which could include holding hands and a peck on the cheek can help keep the interest alive. Make it a routine to do this every day, at a chosen time of the day.
- Fix up a date: Even if it sounds forced, block one day of the week as your date day. If possible, go out for a dinner which will bring a change of place. Cook some aphrodisiac foods like onion, celery, asparagus could add to the magic.
- Go lingerie shopping together: This could be one nice way to rekindle interest and along the way, you might end up with some nice fancy stuff.
- Watch adult movies together: This definitely will bring you in the mood. If you are both game, then you could watch something different and even end up trying. It has been proven that a person's preferences in bed change with time, and the new positions and forms might bring back the eagerness to indulge in the act more often.
- Try different place, different time: This could be something like spending time in the shower together, or in the pool, or even spending a night in a hotel for a change. The routine home environment sometimes just sucks away the energy and mood required for sex.
- Frank discussion: As much as it might seem difficult, try having a frank discussion with your partner about how they feel about sex - would they like to turn anything, why there is less of it in general, etc.
- Work out: Exercise to show that you are interested in keeping yourself in shape and healthy. This definitely will kindle interest in the other person.
- Read about sex: There are some sex facts including how it helps in curing headache, is the best cure for cold, is more effective than half an hour of running, frequent ejaculations reduce chances or prostate cancer, etc.
And these are some sure ways to improve your sex life.
My wife wants to abort a baby who is only two months of pregnancy. Just wanted to know will there be a pain or any side effects after abortion. Please suggest. Thank you.
Please help me I had private abortion through pills before 3 months n now there is lot of pain in my back n leg. Till now I have not consult any doctor. So what can I do.
Gynac/dermatologist I am suffering from PCOS and lately I have been missing on my menses and my facial hair are increasing too which makes it the worst. Please recommend me a way to stop this hair growth. Please!
I'm a 32 yrs old married woman, no child alive yet, although I had a miscarriage 2yrs ago. We want to have child but then I have problem with my period. I already took about 20tablets of NO LOSS which was prescribed by my OB but still it never stopped for almost a month already. I have a polycystic ovary. When i took CPink vitamins my period became heavy, so I stopped taking any meds. Can you recommend any medication for my case?
I have slept with my gf. Next morning I see a blood mark on my underwear while bathing. At night light was off. My part easily enter into her. Now please tell me that it was her first or not.
My girlfriend and I had sex right after her period stopped on the 22nd of August. I did not ejaculate inside of her but just as a precaution I gave her the i-pill on the 23rd of August. After all this on the 27th of August we had sex again but again I did not ejaculate inside of her. Then 2 days later she started bleeding and she said it was like period blood very dark but more then spotting and less then a normal period. She is still bleeding the same for 2 days. Is this withdrawal bleeding from the I-pill or implantation bleeding?
Sir yesterday I had protected sex with a prostitute I had fungal infection but no open sores on my penis can I contact hiv?
We got married 5 months ago, and had engaged regularly, even my wife doesn't get conceived. We both have consult a doctor, they did scan and report showing, as she has a Bilateral PCOD. Please advise what should we do now.
My wife is not interested in sex she loves me alot but she hate all these things she always try to escape from all these things.
I am 35 year old and I am 13 weeks pregnant but in first trimester screening fetal growth restriction before 37 weeks is 1: 35 and preeclampsia before 34 weeks is 1: 52 .I am being treated with clexane injection and ecosprin 75. Should I be worry about my baby growth or will it be OK after some time.
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.