Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Punyavathi C. Nagaraj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Punyavathi C. NagarajYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from irregular periods since I took "IPill" 5-6 months ago. I am gaining a lot of weight and today I got a report that my Tsh (thyroid stimulating hormone) has gone to 16 (>10). I am panicking please help me. Would I need to take thyroid medicines for life? Am I now a patient of thyroid? Is taking ipill the cause of it? Visiting a thyroid specialist with my parents tomorrow, should I mention ipill (which I can't).
A dysfunction or health problem which affects your physical relation with your partner is an issue that may occur at any period of the intercourse cycle. These issues affect both, men and women.
Sexual dysfunction in men can be a consequence of a physical or mental issues, including stress.
The problems men may encounter include:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED): ED can be a cause of medications, for example, diabetes or hypertension, or by anxiety about engaging in sexual relations. Dejection, weariness, and anxiety can add to it.
- Ejaculation issues: These include untimely (discharge that happens too soon during intercourse) and the powerlessness to discharge by any means. The causes include medicines, like antidepressants, nervousness about sex, a past filled with sexual injury and trauma, (for example, an accomplice being unfaithful), and guilt.
- Low libido: Mental issues like anxiety and tension about engaging in sexual relations can prompt a diminished or no sexual craving. Diminished hormone levels (especially if testosterone is low), physical ailments, and pharmaceutical symptoms can lessen the testosterone.
In many cases, sexual dysfunction in women might include:
- Vaginal dryness: This can lead to issues with excitement and craving, as sex can be painful when the vagina is not lubricated. Vaginal dryness can come about because of hormonal changes that happen during and after menopause or while breastfeeding, for instance. Mental issues, similar to tension about sex, can also cause vaginal dryness.
- Low drive: Absence of sexual yearning can be created by lower levels of the hormone estrogen. Exhaustion, misery, and tension prompts low charisma.
- Trouble achieving orgasm: Failure to have an orgasm can influence both men and women. Once more, some stimulant drugs can likewise bring about a solution for these issues.
- Pain during sex: Known as vulvodynia or vulvar vestibulitis, and even vaginismus, these conditions can bring about spasms that lead to pain during intercourse.
If you are encountering sexual health problems, raise your worries with your specialist. You can regularly redress your issue by:
- Getting the best possible treatment of any hidden therapeutic condition
- Speaking with your partner transparently about your sexual relationship
- Keeping away from liquor, smoking, and medication use
- Overseeing anxiety, uneasiness, and gloom
- If you think you are suffering from any other ailment, discuss with your specialist about therapy that can help you in such a case.
- Restorative treatment: This includes treatment of any physical issue that might add to a man's sexual problems.
- Drugs: Medications, for example, Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, Stendra, or Viagra may enhance erectile capacity in men by improving the blood stream to the penis.
- Mental treatment: Therapy with a prepared advisor can help address sentiments of uneasiness, apprehension, or blame.
- Education about sex and sexual practices and reactions may also help. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
What is Bacterial Vaginosis?
Bacterial Vaginosis is an infection that occurs in and around the female genitalia. It does not usually pose a major health threat and is a mild infection that can be controlled and cured with timely medical intervention. Although it is believed to be sexually transmitted, it can also affect women who are not sexually active.
Bacterial Vaginosis can however, be dangerous for women who are pregnant and are near to their delivery date. It can cause severe uterine infection and increases the chance of miscarriage.
In some cases, pelvic surgeries, which include caesarean, hysterectomy, abortion or other abdominal surgery, bacterial vaginosis can be contracted during the surgical procedure. This can further complicate the condition of the patient.
Bacterial Vaginosis is a common complaint among women who have physically reached the child bearing age and symptoms of this physical problem can become prominent at any time of the menstrual cycle.
Causes of Bacterial Vaginosis
Dirty, unwashed underwear
Multiple sexual partners
Change in the vaginal pH, causing the reduction in the protective acidic secretion that prevents the growth of other harmful bacteria
It can also arise from the placement of Intrauterine device (IUD), a contraceptive device placed to prevent the eggs released by the ovaries, from reaching the uterus.
Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
The most common sign of bacterial vaginosis is a foul smelling vaginal discharge.
The discharge increases after sexual activities.
Discomfort during urination
In some rare cases, there is itching and dryness
In most cases, bacterial vaginosis does not reveal too many symptoms and does not even cause intense irritation.
Bacterial Vaginosis can be treated with antibiotics that are generally to be continued for a course of 7 days.
Symptoms and discomfort of bacterial vaginosis generally recede within 2-3 days. However, it is recommended that the medicine should not be stopped even after the symptoms disappear.
- Only in rare cases, certain antibiotics may lead to a vaginal yeast infection. In case of redness, inflammation, irritation and undesirable discharge, you must seek medical attention immediately.
In pregnancy which type of food to eat in first 3 months. After 3 months which types of food to eat & birth a beautiful child.
Hi I am 27 years old I wants to treat my saggy breast it becomes too much loose and I feel very uncomfortable when I wear clothes how can I treat my saggy breast.
Yes my wife underwent HSG Test and her fallopian tubes are normal .Her age is 25. Is premature ejaculation the reason for not getting pregnancy? Could you please clarify Thanks a lot for your quick and useful response.
Doctor has consulted me to take lots 2.5 mg tablet from the second day of periods continuously for 10 days so during this cycle can I intercourse or not and the reason?
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. In the Indian culture, it is seen that children are supposed to serve as the backbone for the parents in their old age and when a couple is able to bear children, they may be able to lead more satisfied lives than at any other point in time. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!