Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Punyavathi C
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Punyavathi CYour feedback matters!
Smith and Mackie (2007) term self-esteem as a set of positive or negative opinions about oneself. Self-esteem is an important predictor of success in career, relationships, marriage and public life. People who are depressed have a very low self-esteem about themselves. They think of themselves as good for nothings and persons having a nil value. There are three states of self-esteem. They are;
- Shattered: An example of a person having shattered self-esteem is when he says, “I am old and useless to do this kind of work”. This person sees himself as an absolutely useless person.
- Vulnerable: In this state, a slight embarrassment or defeat may expose the vulnerable side of the person. Otherwise, such persons have a positive frame of mind.
- Strong: People in this state are very strong emotionally. Defeats, embarrassments etc. do not affect them. These people have a very high sense of self-esteem.
Psychologists, however, have prescribed several ways through which one can improve one’s self-esteem.
How to improve one’s self-esteem
- Control your thoughts- Watch out what your inner critic is saying to you. Every time you hear its voice, ask yourself- would this be the way your best friend would speak to you? If your inner critic is being merciless on you all the time, you need to silence it.
- Focus on the good things that happen to you- Everyday, write at least 3 good things that happened to you. Avoid the obstructive or harmful things that came your way. Focus on the happier side of the day. Do not dwell upon the negatives.
- No need to be perfect- In the quest to be perfect, many people lose control of themselves. It probably must do with the pressures of modern life where achievement is the be all and end all. But, not everyone can be perfect. Rather, focus on the effort or process. This way, you will be better able to appreciate yourself as a person.
- Accept mistakes- Often we fail to realise that mistakes come to us masked as opportunities. But, we are too fixated by the mistakes we commit. We are obsessed with the thought, “Why did I commit this mistake?” rather than, “How to avoid this particular mistake?”. If we learn how to avoid committing mistakes, we will tremendously improve our self-esteem.
- Experiment with new skills- Try out new skills and then improve upon them. For example, you may pick up music and track your achievement levels. If you continually improve yourself in this new skill, you will obviously set new benchmarks. Give credit to yourself after achievement of every new milestone.
- Accept your limits- You are no superman. You have your own limits. Once you accept your limitations, you will stop blaming yourself for all the wrongs that are happening to you.
I got Married in 6 months. My wife is not conceived. There is no problem in our results. What we do for baby? Please suggest
Hello, I am hsv1 igg positive (23.5) and I am. Unmarried .I don't have any symptoms or outbreak Can I get marry with this virus. Will it transmit to my wife or any impact to my future sex life.
Hello m 31 years old having 1 daughter I am suffering from vaginal infection from 4 months, Earlier I was suffering from severe white discharge then it got treated but still not perfectly ok, sometimes get relief in itching and sometimes it get increase, i am on medication, I took lots of medicines but still feel itching and cuts after sex please suggest what to do.
Hi i have Copper iud was inserted by the doctor to my wife as well as she also given duoluton*L pills for one month on dt 21 nov 2016. At present will the intercourse will lead to any pregnancy please answer me.
Two years infertility. I have hsg test tubes are normal and stress size normal. But don't conceive I think problem is with my eggs so for conceive what can I do please suggest me details.
Carotenoids essential fatty acids zinc and vitamin a c and e boost the immune system green leafy vegetables tomatoes bell peppers and strawberries are good sources of these nutrients
Nuts and seeds like sesame and pumpkin provide zinc while flax seeds olive oil and avacado are
Good sources of essential fatty acids
Makhana, also well known as 'fox nut' or 'lotus seed', has proven to be a powerhouse of healthy nutrients like vitamins, minerals and fibers; they are loaded with medical properties, are absolutely healthy for diabetic patients and those who have a history of high blood pressure.
Makhanas are the new popcorn! As they are crunchy, tasty, easy to prepare, economical and healthy.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is high time that we think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill-effects of processed food all around us. So, ditch the unhealthy snack & the dangerous processed food and snack on makhanas as they are free of trans fat and are light on your tummy.
Below are 12 health benefits of makhana you should know:
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. Therefore are the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced.
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content make them very useful for people with high blood pressure.
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health.
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals.
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments.
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods.
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation.
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body.
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed.
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in a pregnant woman.
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia.
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction.
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste.
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go.
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste.
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts.
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical and has no hazards on your health, go ahead and grab a bowl of fox nuts!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am taking normoz on a regular basis twice and duphaston from 20th day of my cycle for three months but still I am unable to get pregnant.Please advise.
A healthy sex life is very important for mental as well as physical health. However, due to many factors couples may face problems in their sex life, among which the primary concern is a lack of libido. This affects not only men but women as well. Let's look at some of the common factors which can cause low libido.
Usual causes of low libido:
1. Mental stress, anxiety or depression
2. Lack of understanding or love in a relationship
3. Lack of sex drive in women after childbirth
4. Erectile Dysfunction in men and reduced blood supply to the vagina for women making sex painful.
5. Diabetes and hypertension in both men and women
6. Hyperthyroid or hypothyroid
7. Obesity and many others
Homeopathy and the treatment of low libido:
Homeopathy usually treats the underlying conditions first to increase libido, but there are many other treatments to increase sex drive for men and women directly as well. Let's have a look at some of the treatments that are commonly used to treat these problems.
1. Lycopodium - This is one of the most common medications that are prescribed by doctors for treating low sexual libido in men. This is equally potent for young as well as old men who have problems getting or maintaining erections and thus have difficulty performing.
2. Natrum Muriaticum - This is a commonly prescribed medication that is usually prescribed to women who have a low sexual desire owing to dryness in the vagina. This may be caused due to underlying factors as well but the usage of natrum muraticum helps in promoting wetness helping in sexual acts.
3. Nux Vomica - This is a widely used homeopathic medicine which is very good for men who have erectile dysfunctions owing to bad lifestyle habits such as excess consumption of alcohol, other stimulants, rich food or suffer from immense work stress.
4. Arnica - It is a great remedy for men who suffer from erectile dysfunction due to exhaustion. Arnica is also useful even if a person has no erection problems and has regular morning erections but has a general aversion to sex.
5. Gelsemium - This is a great remedy for people who have desire but aren't able to perform due to the muscles in the penis being relaxed. Some people even tend to suffer from performance anxiety and may even suffer from diarrhea and thus Gelsemium tends to be a very potent medication in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.